Ollfardh, Nemolito, jph27

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
Fix for 2012 DB Career Mode
Kentaurus
So I tried starting a career with 2012 db, and kept noticing that several riders had low potential stats in areas they should have been strong. So dug in a bit and found that the reason for this was the type of rider they were classified as at the start of the game.

Anyhow spent the last 3 days working on fixing this problem as best as possible and the best way is to adjust "STA_type_rider" in the .cdb. That part adjusts how a rider is classified, and with the proper tuning most riders can be classified correctly.

Here is the tuning I came up with:
IdCONSTANTSPACCRECMORESTTPROENDPLAHILCOBBAR
1tour000.10.700.2000000
2mountain00.1-0.10.70.2-0.20000.300
3timetrial00-0.15-0.20.450.50.1500.350-0.10
4sprint0.60.25000000.150000
5ardennaises0.10.05000000.5500.300
6flandriennes00.1000.1-0.10.050.10.1500.550.05
7flat-0.100-0.10-0.1000.75000.55

Also here is a list of riders I was primarily looking to correct,
TeamOld ClassNew Class
AG2R
RochePuncherStage
RiblonTTStage
Astana
KreuzigerPuncherStage
BrajkovicTTStage
KiserlovskiPuncherClimber
SeeldraeyersStageClimber
BMC
Van GarderenTTStage
CummingsTTStage
Euskaltel
SanchezPuncherStage
Garmin
HausslerSprinterNorthern
Katusha
RodriguezPuncherClimber
MorenoPuncherClimber
Lampre
BertagnolliStageClimber
Lotto
Van den BroeckClimberStage
Van de WalleTTStage
Omega
VelitsClimberStage
Rabobank
SanchezTTStage
KruijswijkClimberStage
Radioshack
A. SchleckClimberStage
F. SchleckPuncherClimber
KlodenTTStage
FuglsangTTStage
MonfortTTStage
PopovychTTStage
MachadoTTStage
GerdemannPuncherStage
Sky
WiggensTTStage
FroomeTTStage
Uran PuncherClimber
EBHTTSprinter
RodgersTTStage
ThomasTTNorthern
HenaoPuncherClimber
NordhaugClimberStage
Saxobank
SørensenPuncherClimber
VacansOleil
PoelsPuncherClimber
WestraFighterTT
CarraraPuncherClimber

Feel free to comment, add thoughts, discuss what classifications riders should should have. Bring up any other riders you think are misclassified.

Please note, this does affect the Average rating of a rider. However the actual abilities of the riders are unaffected. Riders only get their "Average" from Stage, Ardennes, Cobbles, and Sprinters classifications. Riders classified as Climbers, Time Trialist or Fighter will generally have a lower average unless they are also good at one of the other 4. (IE Cancellara is classified as a time trialist, but is also great on cobbles).
Edited by Kentaurus on 30-05-2012 04:53
AZTECA - NBCSN pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/azt.png

Eden95
I think now that Haussler is more of a sprinter than he used to be, he has only got 2 good results in cobbled races in the last 3 years (Both in Omloop Het Nieuwlsbad, or however its spelt) And A.Schleck as a stage racer? I think that's be right but I still find it funny Wink
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Kentaurus
Eden95 wrote:
I think now that Haussler is more of a sprinter than he used to be, he has only got 2 good results in cobbled races in the last 3 years (Both in Omloop Het Nieuwlsbad, or however its spelt) And A.Schleck as a stage racer? I think that's be right but I still find it funny Wink

LMAO, those are the two I fought myself the hardest on ... Every bone in me would say Andy is a climber, but with a TdF win (kinda) and a handful of podiums in TdF how can he not be a stage racer?

As for Haussler, I am also split on that one, I generally think of him as a sprinter, but he isn't bad on the cobbles. Going forward in his future though I think he has a better chance at improving on the cobbles and winning there than improving in the sprint and winning those.

CountArach
This can't be defined in the DB before starting a career, right?
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Kentaurus
CountArach wrote:
This can't be defined in the DB before starting a career, right?

Exactly the opposite, it has to be done before starting the career.

Lachi
I think this is all bogus. The rider type will be calculated by the game every month or so, so changing it manually has no effect whatsoever.
Also the values in that table are used only to calculate the AVG value, it does not affect the performance of the riders in the races at all.

Kentaurus
Lachi wrote:
I think this is all bogus. The rider type will be calculated by the game every month or so, so changing it manually has no effect whatsoever.
Also the values in that table are used only to calculate the AVG value, it does not affect the performance of the riders in the races at all.

Rider type is calculated every month, and can certainly change, however the potential maximums for each riders skills are set at the very start of a career, and use tables based on what rider type they are classified as at the start of the career.

As an example, I'll use Tejay Van Garderen.
FLMODHCOBTTPRSPACCENDRESRECHILFTR
Before79788174818378747480717678
After77827867787871778181848173

That is a table of his potential maximum values, in the current DB he will be a very good time trial rider, but only a good climber with a sprint and poor recovery?
The second is after the fix, he becomes an elite climber with a good TT, like a stage racer should have.

lluuiiggii
Lachi wrote:

Yes, but he isn't changing the rider type, instead he's changing how the game calculates the rider type (which results in the changes in rider type going all the way in the career).

And it isn't supposed to affect the performance of riders, but instead to affect which stats they should have more potential in (the rider type is used by the game to define, if the rider has a good potential, where will he improve the most).

I think it's good, but I'd maybe add some 0.05 in REC and 0.05~0.1 in TT for the stage racer. And I disagree about Schleck being a stage racer, he's a climber but good to the level of being able to challenge stage races (and usually loosing them because he's not complete - lacks good TT).

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 20:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Vien
I don't know too much about codes, but I'll try to put them in my DB and check.

The problem about this is that potentials are based on opinions. I think Tejay is a time trialer who can climb and will stay like that in the future, so apart from his absolutely ridiculous sprint, the first stats fit him better. I'm also worried about the number of riders who will develop as a time trialer, looking at your examples.

lluuiiggii
Vien wrote:
The problem about this is that potentials are based on opinions. I think Tejay is a time trialer who can climb and will stay like that in the future, so apart from his absolutely ridiculous sprint, the first stats fit him better. I'm also worried about the number of riders who will develop as a time trialer, looking at your examples.

True, kinda agree. Even if the rider is classified as mountain or TT it doesn't mean he won't go for stage races. And there are too much rider classified as stage races, the balance isn't much good on that.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Still in Paris
Still in Paris