· Newest Member: nstancema
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Tasmania - Discussions
seancoll
Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:

SportingNonsense wrote:

On race design, do we have the option to be more aggressive on the time gap settings for Stage 2? That sort of thing could split the result gaps up more, without altering the stage design itself.

Will look at that, my memory of testing this in PCM 22 in the past is it doesn't do much. But maybe if we went to like 2 or 3 seconds.

We committed to getting rid of them in the sprint GC races. But we don't have the time to go every races to find and fix them all. But now everyone is in tune with this if people note them this season and want to shoot me a PM I will at least have a good list to work from. Looks like a full review of Tasmania would make sense.

As the reporter, the issue on both stages 1 and 2 from a grouping perspective appeared to be some quick descents and uphill sections placed together. In particular, on stage 1, that long descent off the plateau that included a minor uphill split the field in a way that felt unexpected. Personally this feels consistent with how races functioned last year where the downhills actually created the splits in most cases.

On stage 2, the issue did not appear to be gaps at the finish line. The field had much less than 100 riders together at 10km to go, but the penultimate kicker around 3km to go was 17% and leaders were already on the front. The pace in the field basically shut down and allowed the group behind to catch up. Because the pace was low and how PCM sometimes functions, this group just never really broke apart in the final 3km. If the pace on the climb had been consistent and strong, I think that the grouping would've been much less. Not sure how stage set-up needs to be to ensure that, but the two-tiered finishing climb appeared to be the cause of the regrouping - much moreso than any impact of grouping settings at the finish line.
MG Manager - SEE Turtles

Luis Leon Sanchez
32nd is an underwhelming TT from Conci but 12th overall from him is a respectable result given the relative range of riders across the top of the GC. 22nd in the GC from Castrillo is also solid depth scoring which we're going to need a lot of this season!

Thank you for the reports and congrats to the winners Smile

baseballlover312
Not much to say for us. Sulvaran in 33rd, other than that it was a lost race. Sad SKjelmose couldn't crack the top 50.

Thanks for the reports!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 16-10-2024 01:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Eden95
Fabianski wrote:

Congrats to Sykkel, that Abdul Halil guy keeps surprising me with his not-so-great statline ^^
!

The slander!

Great to see my man Abdul Halil start the season off with a bang, always punches above his weight Smile That Malaysian RR jersey looks good too. Hope he can keep it up
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

redordead
redordead wrote:

Hard to see this race getting much worse, but I guess there is one stage left.

Thanks for the reports.

Well it got worse Pfft

Are we sure we didn't change the RDC for this season? That's the most random TT result I've seen. I'm glad to see our friends at Oxxo were able to take advantage and get their season off on a great note.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

knockout
I had realistic hopes to get sth like a 17th gc place after the hilly stage so only getting a 21st feels like a small underperformance. Generally, not the best race for us but i couldnt expect a huge result anyway. Glad i didnt send Lopez here with how the race unfolded.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Nemolito
Although it's obviously nice to see Zmorka open our account and show he could even still win something in PT on the right day, sadly this race was a bit of a disaster for us.

Stage-wise I can't blame Higuita and Zmorka doing decent, but GC-wise with Eastman in 66th and all the others far behind, when having several leaders here and all with their own skills, is just a big fail. Hope the luck turns around somewhere, luckily for us there are still many races to see that happen Smile

Thank you for the nice reports as always, sean!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

alexkr00
The PCM Gods really favored us this time. Van der Kooij very close to getting that first victory in a PT race in the first stage, but we'll take second as well.

Not sure if a harder second stage would have favored us or not, but with Kron and Remco just outside the top 10, I'd say yes.

Remco finishing 10th here and not even maxed out is a great result for him and the team. The stage one shenanigans did play into his favor, but some gaps had to be made somewhere if the second stage proved so easy Pfft

Thanks for the reports and happy new season!
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

tastasol
Had anticipated that Wirtgen would be tough, but to also be beaten by Mullen and Zmorka was somewhat surprising, but slim margins. That said, we have to be very happy with a 3rd place in GC. Congrats to our former loanee, Ryan Mullen, and Polar on the GC win!

tastasol
Had anticipated that Wirtgen would be tough, but to also be beaten by Mullen and Zmorka was somewhat surprising, but slim margins. That said, we have to be very happy with a 3rd place in GC. Congrats to our former loanee, Ryan Mullen, and Polar on the GC win!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Stats, sorted by best climber
Stats, sorted by best climber