Users Online
· Guests Online: 33

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,009
· Newest Member: christianbalee
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT] Xero Racing '24 | The... Time Trialist?
jandal7
@knockout - I've been a big fan of his work for a while and you're right that his star quality has come from his consistency - a super rare trait for a top sprinter, and we hope it's not going to run out just yet Smile Thanks!

@Nemolito - I definitely know that to be true of you, and so it doesn't mean nothing that you entrusted to us a rider like Matti who means so much to your team. We hope we can take good care of him, and as you say we are certainly gaining fans from two nations with this signing!

The team and I'm sure Areruya would welcome a friendly rivalry for lead scorer if Manninen can do it Grin Would hopefully be meaning he had an amazing season and way outscoring his wage which he loves to do.

AbhishekLFC
I have already mentioned my admiration for Manninen in his previous team's HQ and can also echo the same here! Excellent pickup to start off transfers for you Smile

jandal7
AbhishekLFC wrote:
I have already mentioned my admiration for Manninen in his previous team's HQ and can also echo the same here! Excellent pickup to start off transfers for you Smile

Thanks, was definitely one of the marquee type riders we wanted to secure early to bring in a boatload of points Smile

jandal7
i.imgur.com/xuMKyVQ.png

Transfers Vol. 2: The Prodigal Son

After the signing of Manninen our transfers slowed down quite immediately, as the team entered into protracted negotiations for a second new leader, which came to an end last night. However, one rider that we did make it a mission to sign even while the situation was unclear was Yacine Hamza - who demanded a silly wage, walked out on us into free agency, and discovered the grass was not always greener. However prepare the fatted calf, because our boy has returned to us alive, well, and with a lower wage than he was asking for in renewals.

i.imgur.com/MyKWXnJ.jpeg

Yacine Hamza
27 | Maxed | 75,000 | Xero since 2020
FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFTDHPL

Signed as a stagiaire in 2020, Hamza took a couple of extra years of development but finished development with the team last year, and now the team is very grateful to finally experience him at his peak. He is a tough sprinter who can survive hard riding flat races and winds, and he's a powerful leadout man for Matti Manninen - our first top sprinter, meet our first ever real leadout man. A match made in heaven and we can't wait to see Yacine and Matti get to work.

ember
Hamza really has all the tools to be the perfect leadout rider. Very excited to see him work in tandem with Matti! Think you’ve laid the foundations to maximize the points from Matti very well here, congratulations!

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 17:09
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Nemolito
After the signing of Manninen our transfers slowed down quite immediately.

Honestly, debatable Pfft
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

knockout
ember wrote:

Hamza really has all the tools to be the perfect leadout rider. Very excited to see him work in tandem with Matti! Think you’ve laid the foundations to maximize the points from Matti very well here, congratulations!

Agree. This is the kind of rider I'd always search for as a leadout. That its a returning rider on a good wage just makes this better Smile
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

jandal7
@ember/knockout - Definitely, it's what made us stick with him through his development, and once we got a top sprinter it made all the sense in the world to go and get him back from free agency Grin

@Nemolito - Quite a few days without any signings, that was the quiet bit Pfft

Luis Leon Sanchez
Manninen back in the PT is not what I wanted or needed but it's not surprising considering how strong he has been for so long. A great acquisition for you!

Always a big fan of a prodigal son story Wink Could be a silent assassin with the PT or GT sprints!

jandal7
Luis Leon Sanchez wrote:
Manninen back in the PT is not what I wanted or needed but it's not surprising considering how strong he has been for so long. A great acquisition for you!

Always a big fan of a prodigal son story Wink Could be a silent assassin with the PT or GT sprints!

Yep he’s been in the conversation for the best PCT rider of the years since he maxed, and in his one PT season he was brilliant, so hopefully he can make good on all of that and achieve again at the highest level. I too am a fan of the Hamza story, happy to welcome him back now Grin

jandal7
i.imgur.com/xuMKyVQ.png

Transfers Vol. 3: The... Time Trialist?

After four long days of negotiations, the team have signed Filippo Ganna for Ilan Van Wilder and €2,220,000. Crazy what you have to pay for a Schomber replacement in this economy.

i.imgur.com/Q7BvVrl.jpeg

In his element - 2023 Paris-Nice

Filippo Ganna
28 | Maxed | 450,000
FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFTDHPL
Career Palmarès
- GC Tour de Slovenie (’21)- 6th Chrono des Herbiers (’22)
- Stage Praha-Karlovy Vary-Praha (’23)- 6th GC Tour of North. Europe (’21)
- Stage Tour de Slovenie (’22)- 8th Chrono des Herbiers (’23)
- 2nd GC Paris-Nice (’23)- 9th Chrono d’Arenberg (’22)
- 2nd Chrono d’Arenberg (’23)- 9th GC Deutschland Tour (’23)
- 3rd GC Tour de Slovenie (’22)- 10th GC Tour of Qatar (’21)
- 4th GC Tour de Slovenie (’23)- Points Tour de Slovenie (’22)
- 5th GC Praha-Karlovy Vary-Praha (’23)- U25 Tour of Qatar (’21)
- 5th Chrono d’Arenberg (’21)- SAA Tour d’Afrique (’18)
- 5th GC Tour of Ukraine (’23)- U25 Tour de Slovenie (’21)
Rankings History
2018PCT140thFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_eue.pngEuskaltel - Elior121
2019PT183rdFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/pum.pngTeam Puma - SAP175
2020PT116thFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/pum.pngTeam Puma - SAP304
2021PT48thFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/pum.pngTeam Puma - SAP718
2022PT59thFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/pum.pngTeam Puma - SAP550
2023PT26thFilippo Gannapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/pum.pngTeam Puma - SAP1065

A sprinter and a time trial leader as our big off-season signings? This isn't the Xero Racing we are used to, but when a top quality sprinter like Manninen, and a young premium time triallst like Filippo Ganna come on the market, proven PT scorers as they are, you have to sign them.

Now, neither of them will have the best PTHC schedules this season, and that may be one of the big factors in our tale of survival or relegation. But both Manninen and Ganna broke 1000 points in their last PT season, and with Joseph Areruya a far superior rider to the Areruya that scored 985 points in 2021, it's a pretty solid top three - especially if Thomas Pidcock has anything to say about it being a top four.

i.imgur.com/oilW9Lm.jpeg

His first career victory - 2021 Tour de Slovenie

Ganna is particularly good over short time trials, and unlike past Xero prologuiests he can actually survive the rest of the race, making him a solid option for the team to protect without losing half an hour. 2nd at Paris-Nice last year and consistently great at the Tour de Slovenie (one of the races he unfortunately won't be able to ride this season), including a win in 2021, he's a great rider for the TT stage races that are pitched somewhere between pure time trialists and actual stage racers.

Just 28 years old, he's on the same timeline as Joseph Areruya and hopefully this is a signing that will be great for us for the next five years - in fact with the PTHC bands this year he should only get better in 2025! For now, though, he'll get settled in, work on what schedule we can put together, and look to start paying off the Xero-record transfer fee we invested in him.

SotD
Great to see him finally landing. Massive fee, but also a unique rider. Congrats Smile
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

knockout
Massive signing to you. This offseason feels like it sets the future for future pt podium seasons ... or more. Great one!
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

kandesbunzler26
I have to echo the others: Manninen and Ganna are just great signings. Add Areruya and Pidcock and it will be a fun season to watch as long as you're not a competing PT manager Smile
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

AbhishekLFC
Ganna is a fantastic signing to complement the already established leadership in the team. Should provide a massive upswing on the points for the coming season!

Fabianski
Sad
Definitely still sad to miss out on Ganna, he's obviously a huge signing for you. As you say, your 2024 schedule may not be the one to optimize his scoring, but he'll still be a huge factor.
As for Manninen, I still don't know why but he's just freakingly consistent in the randomness of sprints. Guess it's really worth the try, and if he gets another year like the ones before, you should easily be safe with your three (four?) leaders, and maybe even more than just that...

Nemolito
Massive signing. I think it's only fair to other managers that he is not in band 5 though. Got to leave some crumbs left for the other teams with time trialists!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

jandal7
@SotD - Yeah quite a huge fee, way over what we have ever done before by many times over, but hope his age and skillset is worth the investment. Thanks Smile

@knockout - I'll happily just take it setting the present of immediate survival - but after that, why not aim high? Pfft

@kb26 - Thank you very much! Hopefully those guys can all provide some entertainment as well as results and people can enjoy watching us Smile

@Abhishek3-0FC - Hope you're right! Yeah he fits the structure very well, even if we don't have the TTT depth to back him up in some races Grin

@Fabianski - Had guessed you were among the bidding teams as Ganna sits next only to Küng as the most "Jura" rider in the DB Pfft We are definitely missing some races where he can be successful but have enjoyed crafting the schedule around that, can maybe take a few risks or unique plays that we won't ever do again when he's filled up with traditional races to lead in.

I too am not sure quite what Manninen has in his statline to be so consistent across PCM editions, I can only hope that nothing in our team or the PT startlists this year disrupt whatever equilibrium he's working on Pfft

Our leaders should all do well for us indeed, but just like in PCT the last couple of years it's what comes after that could trouble us. Hope you're right that the big guns can pull through for us.

@Nemolito - Yeah I'll give you guys all a year without him to have fun before I get the chance to plan a calendar around him Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Editor: Rider View
Editor: Rider View