Fabianski

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT] Xero Racing '23 | Awards
Eden95
Oh boy that Stannard wage is certainly something, man is gonna be set with a wage like that. Not the end of the world though, Turgis with similar stats was amazing in PCT a few seasons ago in Lidl’s promotion season - no reason Stannard couldn’t do something similar when he gets his own opportunities.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

jandal7
@cunego - Definitely not been an easy time doing off-season planning this year. As said over in the Bralirwa HQ, I'm sure we'll have matters to discuss come the 11th Wink

@TMM - For sure, like last year there's a reason that we are happy to wear the renewals fine for a bit Pfft Yep I wasn't too upset with the results given the situation - it looked really bad after R1 (sure Nemo can attest how "it's so over" my mood was) with every non-50k guy rejecting but luckily didn't have to stretch too much further than my R1 offer for any of them in the end. And now in my seventh renewals without insulting anyone!

@Croatia - Too rich for my blood - lucky I've been studying from the masters for seven years now Pfft

@Bikex - Yep not quite as high as last year but definitely a big chunk of change! Thanks for the faith.

@redordead - Well in the manner of Areruya's big wage rise and Stannard and Bennett breaking 400k sure, but looking at the actual stats I am not sure that's true - obviously we can't keep it all but a lot more depth now than before. And yeah, some quality guys will be going no matter who it ends up being.

@Ulrich Ulriksen - Pride myself on my taste, even if the OVL caught up to me and then overcompensated by quite a bit making these cool riders much less worth it Pfft I think Stannard will be just fine (even if I appreciate the fit isn't perfect right now with all the puncheurs and climbers and in-betweeners in the squad) - either going to way overperform his 79HI and make his wage look fine, or once he's training eligible he has the potential to be a top puncheur in the world with only a few bumps.

@Eden - Yeah Turgis is a rider that comes to mind as an overperforming 79-er, and Stannard really should be a level above him even with the MO difference. If Stannard is on the team this year then I have no doubt he'll find a full calendar of his own opportunities to show that off - great thing about the versatility of the leaders - I'd only really describe Bennett and Fouche as being in the same niche as each other. Stannard even has the CB to make him a great scorer in Viana or Benelux as well as focusing on the pure hills while Areruya takes the hybrids.

baseballlover312
jandal7 wrote:
If Stannard is on the team this year...

Shock
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

jandal7
baseballlover312 wrote:
jandal7 wrote:
If Stannard is on the team this year...

Shock

With a wage bill this high and almost every leader being somewhere on the MO-HI spectrum, there's very few riders who I would feel confident saying will be 100% on the team this year. More on that very soon Pfft

jandal7
i.imgur.com/xuMKyVQ.png

Official Rider Transfer Availability Update

It is with a heavy heart Xero Racing have released their Rider Availability Notice to their fellow teams heading into the 2022 transfer season. As alluded to in the team's post-renewals press conference, some riders have to leave the team and this will include long-time team members, highly touted prospects, and leaders. More advertising will be done in the run-up to and during transfers, but the team have released short statements anyway. Unlike last year the team are not directly stating their preferred plan, and so nearly all riders with above-minimum wage are available in some capacity.

While the team are not presently throwing their name around as a buyer in this window, they are most certainly looking to bring in riders on loan. The team are well-regarded as experts in developing all levels of riders (for example, taking Joseph Areruya from 1.00 to 4.100 in 3 PCT seasons with no loan) and would even consider acting as a PT-esque loan by applying for wildcards, though they are mostly looking for level 1-3 riders.

AgeStatsOVLWage
AreruyaJoseph2779MO, 81HI80.01 €790,000
StannardRobert2579HI, 78AC78.42 €410,000●●●●●
PidcockThomas2470+ ALL78.05 €330,000●●
BennettGeorge3281MO, 76HI78.04 €410,000●●●
FoucheJames2578MO, 75HI76.26 €140,000●●●
HabtemichaelDaniel2678MO, 74TT75.92 €135,000●●●●●
HouleHugo3378SP, 74HI75.67 €170,000●●●●
NikiemaBachirou2677HI, 76AC75.52 €110,000●●●●●
KipkemboiSalim2575MO, 77HI75.35 €105,000●●●
Van NiekerkMorne2878TT, 76FL73.97 €50,000
Tesfaye HeyiHenok3075FL, 73HI73.87 €50,000
NovardiantoJamalidin2976FL, 79AC73.80 €50,000
Van ZylJohann3274HI, 73TT73.00 €50,000●●●
VermeerschFlorian2474SP, 73CB72.89 €95,000
HamzaYacine2675SP, 75FL72.82 €50,000●●●●●
StrongCorbin2371MO, 72HI71.53 €50,000●●
Van WilderIlan2372MO, 71TT70.63 €75,000●●●
SchomberNils2981PL, 74TT70.49 €50,000●●

● strong intention to keep | ●●● open for offers | ●●●●● clear intention to sell

Robert Stannard is a top-level puncheur in the PCT, a great third-tier PT leader and a definite CT rankings winner, in the Saber mould of carrying a team to promotion there himself. This is all before you notice he's 25, meaning that a) he will bring in tons of U25 points as the best U25 puncheur in the PCT or CT, and the second-best if he went to the PT; and b) you will have eight years of him in his prime and the ability to train him all the way up to 85HI starting from next year, turning him into one of the world's best even at 82 or 83HI with just a few million dollars. He even has a high 60s cobble stat which has seen him compete in the Benelux Challenge GC, and Meurisse won Viana do Castelo two of the last three years with the same CB and less Hi!

The team have a clear intention to sell him due to the imperfect fit with Joseph Areruya, but if better offers come in for other riders will be happy to keep him due to Areruya's ability in MO/HI hybrid races allowing for two separate calendars.

George Bennett and James Fouche are surprising names to see as "open for offers", particularly the former. "Mr Xero" sells himself and the team do not wish to part with their talismanic Tour of America winner, and it would need to be a huge offer for it to make sense to sell him rather than Stannard who is at the same wage. It is unlikely both stay or both go. James Fouche is the most desirable to keep of the second tier leaders due to his U25 eligibility, home nation status and uncanny resemblance to GT attacker extraordinaire Dion Smith. Almost like the person who suggested him was mad that he didn't have Dion Smith himself and so suggested a carbon copy he could pick up for 50k at Level 1. Almost.

Daniel Habtemichael had a breakout year in 2022, with the highlight being his Top 10 in the PTHC Tour of Portugal. He spent a lot of time serving George Bennett and Joseph Areruya and so his 250-point year was very impressive. A potential Top 70 scorer in PCT, a top CT stage racer and a great minor GT rider and third-tier PT leader on a super affordable 135k per year. A home grown hero and one of the toughest pills to swallow that it just makes sense to sell him given the logjam of climbers this year. Seven more years at max and trainable from this year, at 80MO he'd be a fantastic stage racer, or if you can't afford that yet then 76TT to start the path to a Haig/Keizer type beast.

Hugo Houle was 19th in the PCT last year and the Euskal Bizikleta winner has barely lost his step moving to 33 thanks to his high pot and unique statline. His strength never came from his individual main stats but the combination of FL, HI and SP and he still has that like no other rider outside of the unaffordable, indispensable names like Demare and Yates has. Him coming close to a repeat season of last year isn't impossible at all as he's still one of the best in his niche, and for this reason the team does prefer to keep him, but doing the due diligence and making him available in case that makes the most sense now that Pidcock has some similar skills.

Bachirou Nikiema is Stannard-lite - one of the other top U25 puncheurs around, his sprinting skills give him a pop of uniqueness that make him a great attacker in the Meurisse/Calmejane mould, versatile leader in the CT and a domestique with a difference in the top two divisions. His 110k wage should see him easily outscore his value. Salim Kipkemboi trades the high SP for high MO and therefore if we sell Stannard he is the more likely of this pair to stay with the team as a better helper for Areruya in the MO/HI stage races, though for the right offer we could of course be swayed.

Yacine Hamza is a rider the team would dearly love to finish the job of maxing as he is so close to turning into one of the world's best leadout riders with high FL-RES-SP combo. However with the cap situation we will struggle to loan riders out this year and so if we are not going to be buying wildcards then we will look to move him on to a team that can max him this year, either themselves or by loan.

SotD
Oh wow, SO many interesting riders for sale here.

Stannard is obviously a stand-out subleader already, but Fouche, Kipkemboi, van Wilder and Habtemichael are those that really stand out for a team like mine.

Can't wait to see what your plans are, except for the obvious to make Areruya a world beater of some sort Smile
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

AbhishekLFC
Very unfortunate that the team has be torn down a bit to carry on in the PCT, but with the riders available for sale, it shouldn't be an issue clearing the fine and getting into the green wage-wise. As always, look forward to follow your moves through transfers and beyond Smile

knockout
I wish there was a reasonable way for me to fit in Stannard. One of the most intriguing riders available on the market this year but also the availability list behind him is very intriguing. Someone is going to make bank! Grin
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

cio93
Two dots is not zero dots! Shock

whitejersey
I think pretty much every team in the MG will be looking at your availability list with a lot of interest. Something there for every terrain and role.

Fabianski
Schomber has more than zero dots? Guess you're in need of some (Puma) money then Pfft

Stannard definitely is a big name to be listed - and an unexpected one tbh - but not really a great target for me due to the similarity with Schmid next year. But there's an interesting rider who would be a perfect fit for my stage racing core - will have to see if I don't have too many of those already, though Wink

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 23:37
Bot Agent

IP: None  
jandal7
@SotD - I know, it hurts to put up so many quality guys for sale at the same time Sad If any of those names pique your interest further I'm sure we'll talk. And plans are a lot more varied than last year where I knew almost exactly the squad I'd end up with (thought I'd get a subleader instead of Van Wilder but kept getting 46h outbid... what a difference that could have made!) and the amount I needed to raise to do training. Not sure I have the money or even motivation for world beater status - I'll have to settle for the OVL telling me he is already Rolling Eyes

@Abhishek - Yep that's how the cookie crumbles though of missing our schedule to be in PT. As you say, upside is that we can afford to do it Pfft

@knockout - Yep I definitely think he's one of the best value guys on the market especially long-term he could really be a top class guy, and already he's one of the best sub-80 guys around (which you'd hope when everyone around his OVL seems to be 80-83)

@cio93 - Schomber has never been 0 dots Pfft

@whitejersey - Yeah there's really something for all levels and all roles on the block, so I should be getting a lot of varied talks Grin

@Fabianski - He was at three dots last year and cio chased FAs instead Pfft Welcome to try again though if the offer is right, as is anyone, but not the priority. As said above Schomber is not some invaluable rider - I defend him a lot because of his haters, not because he's a top tier guy.

Yeah Stannard vs Bennett vs something more outside the box was a hard decision to make after the R1 failure trying to fit both in and obviously is not one that's final as all three options are on the table, just trying to make the best team for the season. I don't like doing it at all, just like with Higuita last year it is gutting at best and a (self-inflicted) hit to my motivation at worst. And sounds interesting, let's talk in transfers Wink

SotD
@SotD - I know, it hurts to put up so many quality guys for sale at the same time Sad If any of those names pique your interest further I'm sure we'll talk. And plans are a lot more varied than last year where I knew almost exactly the squad I'd end up with (thought I'd get a subleader instead of Van Wilder but kept getting 46h outbid... what a difference that could have made!) and the amount I needed to raise to do training. Not sure I have the money or even motivation for world beater status - I'll have to settle for the OVL telling me he is already Rolling Eyes

Yeah things could have looked very different indeed! I'm very certain that with those riders on offer you can find the money needed to make Areruya great(er) if that is indeed the plan Smile

I'll absolutely be in touch eventhough I don't have a lot of cash lying on the floor. Who knows if we can make something happen tradewise anyway Smile
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Ollfardh
Vermeersch not available yet? Quit wasting my time Pfft
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

jph27
I still remember our original bidding war for Stannard a few seasons ago...

Lots of interesting names here. Think our teams may be in similar situations - lots of talents seeing wage increases resulting in cap problems, but limited training options to use the profits of any sales.

jandal7
@SotD - Looking forward to talking as always Smile

@Ollfardh - Don't bother checking my availability posts for the next 10 years either then...

@jph - Yeah that 2020 year was one of our most clashing years in transfers between Stannard, Meurisse, Champoussin and I'm sure more Pfft Worked out for both of us potentially having our best ever seasons that year.

Yeah I didn't plan on having all this money coming in at this point in the team's arc as it's too soon for Stannard, Fouche, Pidcock or Vermeersch training. Only two real leader training options this time out - better than only one last year Pfft

cio93
All the people thinking the two dots rider in question is Schomber... Rolling Eyes

jandal7
cio93 wrote:
All the people thinking the two dots rider in question is Schomber... Rolling Eyes

I knew what you meant... just playing coy Pfft
Spoiler
I mostly just want to see if I'm the only one who wants him on those stupid wages now I've done my damage Grin

ryant
Stannard's wage is a bit steep but probably fair given his age, I'm sure we'll talk over a few riders that you have...

Also Pidcock Shock
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

jandal7
i.imgur.com/xuMKyVQ.png

Transfers Vol. 1: Gotta meet that minimum

For the first time ever Xero Racing have signed no new full-time riders during transfers! The closest the team came were the barely-24-hour periods where they technically owned Jack Bobridge and Flavio De Luna (who were part of deals for the outgoing Robert Stannard and Bachirou Nikiema respectively), and a couple of free agent bids which amounted to little. However, the team do welcome four loanees who will be gaining some experience with the team, and two stagiaires who will join us for our C2 calendar and in PCT races from August onwards. With this, the team add six riders (five in terms of the rider minimum) filling just €20,000 in salary to the 15 remaining full-time riders.

Oier Lazkano | 24 | 3.07XP | €0
i.imgur.com/e4wjPNM.jpg

The young Basque puncheur Oier Lazkano joins us on loan from Bordeaux Métropole - Euskotren and is our first rider from the region since Igor Antón back in 2017. A man who is comfortable on short climbs, he should gain a lot of experience riding at the PCT level with us and assist Joseph Areruya in hilly races.
FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFTDHPL

Jhon Stiven Ramirez | 24 | 1.57XP | €0
i.imgur.com/PubgmRh.jpg

A Colombian climber, Jhon Stiven Ramirez is the first of two riders joining us on loan from our friends at Spark-BNZ Racing, following in the footsteps of Luke Mudgway in 2021 and Regan Gough in 2022. He holds the honour of being undoubtedly the worst rider to ever join us.

Alan Boileau | 24 | 3.08XP | €0
i.imgur.com/ZQIKVCB.png

Probably the pick of the loanees this year, the young Frenchman Alan Boileau joins us from Ekoi - Le Creuset for a year in the PCT. A talented rider who is equally at home on climbs short and long, we know Bennett, Areruya and Fouche are all looking forward to what he can bring to our climbing squads.

Kees Duyvesteyn | 25 | 3.94XP | €0
i.imgur.com/gdT6w2w.jpg

The final of our loanees, Otago lad Kees Duyvesteyn is our third successive Kiwi in the last few seasons coming in from Spark-BNZ, and also brings some promotion experience to our squad having been a part of the Cedevita team which went up last year. He's a handy puncheur with a decent kick.

Felix Engelhardt | 23 | 3.06XP | €10,000
i.imgur.com/RiqfRJ4.jpg

Team Würth MODYF's loss is our gain, as after a solid neo-pro season Felix Engelhardt did not have his contract renewed with his home team. The German joins us as a stagiaire and will have a chance to prove himself worthy of joining us full-time in 2024. If not, we should still be able to keep his development journey moving so he can blossom into the very solid puncheur we know he will be.
63667257686767596167676558'23
64717758706971596171726659'26

Edgar Andres Pinzon | 22 | 1.00XP | €10,000
i.imgur.com/glOc12L.jpg

Edgar Andres Pinzon is another young Colombian climber on the team's books this season, joining us a stagiaire after not being picked up for a neo-pro contract. He is tough as nails and we would love to see him maintain that as a strength while developing his punch to make him an awesome attacking climber and KoM hunter, whether with us or another team.
65686755697267596467666455'23
66757455707672596474736555'27

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content