ReneFran, Miki21

· Total Members: 161,029
· Newest Member: essentialnaturaloils
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Rugby union
roturn
All Blacks were brilliant yesterday. During the group games, they weren`t as dominant though. Most likely though still the strongest of all so far.

A pity that neither Wales nor Scottland made it. Australia and South Africa weren`t really great at all. Also Ireland I had hoped to make it but Argentina was pretty well.

All Blacks now need to repeat such form and South Africa should be doable and in the finale they will win anyway I guess as they just have most experience.

tsmoha
I hardly watch/know Rugby, but this final minutes from SCO vs AUS was some great drama! Stupid Scots Pfft

sutty68
Its an all Southern Hemisphere semi final line up but South Africa and Australia didn't have it all there own way Frown

Ian Butler
Only saw bits and pieces but actually looks pretty cool.
Unfortunately I'm afraid I won't be able to start watching it more closely since 0 coverage in Belgium etc Frown

Still, also saw a film one day about South Africa's world title, was pretty cool Pfft

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 08:43
Bot Agent

IP: None  
weirdskyfan64
tsmoha wrote:
I hardly watch/know Rugby, but this final minutes from SCO vs AUS was some great drama! Stupid Scots Pfft

They was robbed! Scotland were at absolutely no fault for the result- the yellow card, then the ridiculous penalty, then the ref running off- there's influencing the result, and then there's influencing the result. Mad.
Disclaimer- Most of my posts are me thinking aloud. And most of what I think is rubbish.
Winner of a FIFA Prediction Fair Play Award (a phrase becoming increasingly ironic)
"... Because he (me) has a sound tactical mind in general..." jandal7, at 9:30 am GMT on 12th May 2016

Luis Leon Sanchez
Ireland, what happened to them?
Didn't watch the game but that scoreline reflects somewhat of a demolition.

Scotland oh so close...
Up the BOKS!

jandal7

Frown
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

weirdskyfan64
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/joubert-twi...ter/312975
Just in case you don't believe me.
Disclaimer- Most of my posts are me thinking aloud. And most of what I think is rubbish.
Winner of a FIFA Prediction Fair Play Award (a phrase becoming increasingly ironic)
"... Because he (me) has a sound tactical mind in general..." jandal7, at 9:30 am GMT on 12th May 2016

sutty68

That was just unbelieveable, there was no way he could give a decision to either team, total disgrace, feel really sorry for Scotland Angry

roturn
Problem with that video replay is, that it is used in a bad way very often. Instead of just checking if it was a try or not, they go too far backwards and find something different like some offside, which wasn`t even the reason for checking the replay. That should be stopped in future tournaments.

This time though, I don`t understand, why he refused to take a proper look as in especially that late in a game, such situations are made for it.

TheManxMissile
Yes that final call against Scotland should have gone to TMO and not just been called straight by the referee.... however....
I'd still say it's quite 50/50 between offences, either going as a Penalty or Scrum. Either way Australia get the ball with enough time on the clock that they could do something from a Scrum and still win the game.
There's a tad too much about the referee in the post-match and not enough on the actual incident. It really is 50/50 between Scot20 and Aus21 for who touches the ball last and if Joubert gives a Scrum and Asutralia lose we have the same discussion just from an opposing side.

The Yellow Card early in the second half, that is wrong but if you lead like that with one hand you put yourself in dangeer. I've seen tens and tens of those calls resulting in Yellow Cards. A one-handed lead and you need to get under the ball which Maitland didn't quite manage well enough.
No he didin't knock it down but there can't be too much argument i feel as i said i've seen that same decision given plenty of times. Perhaps it should be TMO'd but if the Ref feels 100% about his decision it should be up to him to make the call.

Scotland were awesome but it's very hard to say the right team didin't win in a game that close. They were unlucky but Scotland is always 'unlucky' so i have less sympathy.

Wales vs South Africa was a banger! Loved every minute of that game, two teams going toe-to-toe from the off. Brilliant rugby and a great game.

Didn't see New Zealand-France.

Ireland vs Argentina... wow! I did not believe Argentina had that kind of performance in them, really really top class. Ireland had no response at all to their gameplan and it really showed over the 80minutes and The Pumas fully earned that result. If they play like that against Australia we could have a semi-final to remember for all time.

Yes i've been watching a lot of the World Cup, far far too many hours of it at the weekends Pfft
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

clamel
This weekend it's all happens again. Banana
Aussies vs Kiwis
Second time this year in a Grand Final, and probably the All Blacks will get revenge for the Kiwis loss in the Cricket finals earlier this year.

Or can the Wallabies surprise the mighty All Blacks ???

Just wish I could get to Twickenham on Saturday. It will be a battle to be sure.
If you can't get there as me, try watching it on TV. It will be a game with lots of emotions. Starting with the Haka, of course Rolling Eyes

Banana
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

jandal7
Third actually. Netball may not count for some Cool And damned A*ssies won that as well.

What's so bad about the Haka Pfft
Also smooth moves by the Wallabys Australia in not calling us All Blacks. New Zealand sounds a lot less intimidating doesn't it?

Spoiler
Ok guys, so, here's a good one, Austrlaia won't say AB(s) right? What do you get if you take the AB out of Wallabies? :lol::lol:lol:Pfft

Glad the final is at five and not four now, maybe I might get some sleep Frown
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png

clamel
Well mate,
I like the Haka and once got my sons ice-hockey team perform something similar. It surprised (perhaps scared) the shit out off the other team. They wiped them out, what I recall. So it's good for ice-hockey too, since it's also a spirited power sport with lots of hits. You got be fired up before playtime.
If you like to win the trophy in the avatar you got to have some fighting spirit in you, beside the skills I think

I guess the boys in grean and gold like to tone down the power of the Kiwis. No comment on the spoiler stuff Pfft

Lets hope for a good fight !!!
Pfft
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

jandal7
YABADABADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Edited by TheManxMissile on 31-10-2015 18:25

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png

Dippofix
TheManxMissile wrote:
Yes that final call against Scotland should have gone to TMO and not just been called straight by the referee.... however....
I'd still say it's quite 50/50 between offences, either going as a Penalty or Scrum. Either way Australia get the ball with enough time on the clock that they could do something from a Scrum and still win the game.
There's a tad too much about the referee in the post-match and not enough on the actual incident. It really is 50/50 between Scot20 and Aus21 for who touches the ball last and if Joubert gives a Scrum and Asutralia lose we have the same discussion just from an opposing side.

The Yellow Card early in the second half, that is wrong but if you lead like that with one hand you put yourself in dangeer. I've seen tens and tens of those calls resulting in Yellow Cards. A one-handed lead and you need to get under the ball which Maitland didn't quite manage well enough.
No he didin't knock it down but there can't be too much argument i feel as i said i've seen that same decision given plenty of times. Perhaps it should be TMO'd but if the Ref feels 100% about his decision it should be up to him to make the call.

Scotland were awesome but it's very hard to say the right team didin't win in a game that close. They were unlucky but Scotland is always 'unlucky' so i have less sympathy.

Wales vs South Africa was a banger! Loved every minute of that game, two teams going toe-to-toe from the off. Brilliant rugby and a great game.

Didn't see New Zealand-France.

Ireland vs Argentina... wow! I did not believe Argentina had that kind of performance in them, really really top class. Ireland had no response at all to their gameplan and it really showed over the 80minutes and The Pumas fully earned that result. If they play like that against Australia we could have a semi-final to remember for all time.

Yes i've been watching a lot of the World Cup, far far too many hours of it at the weekends Pfft

Bit late for this, but I'm quite sure you can't go to the TMO for that?

sutty68
There has been some great matches in this World Cup but you have to agree New Zealand were a class above everyone else Wink

OZrocker
Definitely, the very deserving winners of this WC and the best team for the past 5 years if not the last 10. A real changing of the guard now with Carter, McCaw, Mealamu and Nonu all leaving, but it seems with their depth that the Kiwis won't be dropping away any time soon.

Ian Butler
Jonah Lomu died yesterday. Only aged 40, he is considered the best rugby player of all time. Rather unexpected death...

Luis Leon Sanchez
Ian Butler wrote:
Jonah Lomu died yesterday. Only aged 40, he is considered the best rugby player of all time. Rather unexpected death...

It's 10pm over here and he died during the previous night at his home in Auckland. He had kidney problems resulting in an early retirement and played through much of this pain which eventually led to him getting a kidney transplant from a radio host here in NZ. He struggled with this and if I remember correctly rejected it initially, I don't know the exact details.

He is known for being an absolute beast of New Zealand rugby, famous for running over an English player on his way to the try line in the 1995 World Cup in South Africa. Feel free to look it up if you want, it's always funny to see.

He also has done a lot of charity work since retirement, notably with those affected by the same problem he had. A humble man remembered and honoured by his peers and by the country as a man known not only for his physical strength on the field but his work off it as well.

Rest Easy Jonah

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Crazy result by sprinter