Ulrich Ulriksen

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2024 » PCM 24: General
 Print Thread
How's the Game?
baseballlover312
Just built a gaming PC and wondering if I should jump back in. Studying the for the bar so quite busy, but got a little bit of that itch to play again in my free time. Haven't been able to do online and such in almost a decade, would be nice to do it a little bit before a start work. If it's like the old days where the game is kind of broken fora month of two before patches and the EP, probably not for me though.

Worth it? Or no?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

cio93
Currently, sprints are hardcore broken (think your leadout consistently outperforming your sprinter), which may or may not get fixed with a patch this week.

Sponsors have been revamped which may get fun once they finetune it, currently it's definitely a bit weird and unintuitive.
You get many offers throughout the year now, and offers contain both a main and co-sponsor, but it's unclear what exactly influences the proposed budgets and you may get an offer from "HTC - Columbia - Skil - Shimano" Rolling Eyes.
You also get to pick your own sponsor goals now, which at least makes the whole thing more immersive.

The gameplay obviously didn't change too much.
I do notice the peloton reducing in size faster on undulating terrain though, and even short attacks over small hills can now stick to the finish again.
STA and RES have different functions now and became less relevant, and if you don't know the whole medium mountain thing, that's another new system.

If you do get back into it, I can recommend getting PCM+, it helps massively with creating balanced startlists and makes scouting more worthwhile by reducing the time required to get good information out of your scout reports, plus it nearly automates season planning for you if necessary.

I don't know when you last played, but particularly if you're into RTG careers and building up smaller countries with dedicated scouting, it's definitely much more fun with the new-ish scouting and somewhat dynamic talent system they implemented a few years back (if this were to be your first PCM since the change).
If it's purely about the 3d racing, it's somewhat of a mixed bag as it always was, but once the big bug is hopefully fixed soon, it should be quite fun in comparison.

Gonchar
I was wondering about this myself. I have not played PCM for many years. probable 12-15 years ago, but got intrigued to check out if it was still around. I've read a little about PCM2024, and it seems mostly negative. Career mode not working, sprints not working, unrealistic simulation of races and frustration over features that disappears and then promoted as big news when reintroduced.

It seems like even if I should get back into it, it is almost like I should not try the newest version?

I liked the team-building career focus, often with small teams and fewer and smaller races (or with the bigger team, the need to simulate races more often).

What would you suggest.

Ulrich Ulriksen
Gonchar wrote:

I was wondering about this myself. I have not played PCM for many years. probable 12-15 years ago, but got intrigued to check out if it was still around. I've read a little about PCM2024, and it seems mostly negative. Career mode not working, sprints not working, unrealistic simulation of races and frustration over features that disappears and then promoted as big news when reintroduced.

It seems like even if I should get back into it, it is almost like I should not try the newest version?

I liked the team-building career focus, often with small teams and fewer and smaller races (or with the bigger team, the need to simulate races more often).

What would you suggest.

I would suggest you apply to join the mangame. Very immersive in team building, and somebody else does all the work for you. See:
https://pcmdaily....st_1455268
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Gonchar
Thank you for that suggestion, I'll check it out!

But if I were to proceed with PCM, would you recommend getting the latest edition? Or is that one so flawed that you would rater recommend getting a previous version, and if so - which one?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Caisse d'Espagne riders downhilling
Caisse d'Espagne riders downhilling