· Total Members: 139,987
· Newest Member: maryHelenn
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2013 » PCM 13: Technical issues
 Print Thread
Graphics Issue
Neillster
Hi, I've recently installed PCM via steam onto my new laptop. When it came to run the first race, none of the riders had their correct jersey's or equipment.

After a bit of work (installing the Patch 1.0.4, installing the Daily Expansion Pack, and moving all the files into the Steam Apps folder), Now a few teams have their kits, but most still don't. Upon deeper inspection, I'm seeing that in the kit folders, there aren't any actual files beyond the shoes for most teams. Is there an easy way that I can fix this??

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
Hi, I've recently installed PCM via steam onto my new laptop. When it came to run the first race, none of the riders had their correct jersey's or equipment.

After a bit of work (installing the Patch 1.0.4, installing the Daily Expansion Pack, and moving all the files into the Steam Apps folder), Now a few teams have their kits, but most still don't. Upon deeper inspection, I'm seeing that in the kit folders, there aren't any actual files beyond the shoes for most teams. Is there an easy way that I can fix this??

Did you install a db or was it the game w/o mods?
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Neillster
The order this went:

Installed the game off steam
Installed the database (FDB14 V1.5)
Realised that I hadn't installed the PCM.daily Expansion Pack, so installed that.
Realised I hadn't even installed the game patch, so installed Patch 1.0.4.0.

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
The order this went:

Realised that I hadn't installed the PCM.daily Expansion Pack, so installed that.

Totally wrong. You should have installed only a db. PCM.Daily is a db, FDB another. The order should be like this:
Install the game;
Install the last patch;
Run the game, that will make you have a pcm 14 documents folder;
Install the db you want Wink

That's the problem Wink
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

Neillster
matt17br wrote:
Neillster wrote:
The order this went:

Totally wrong. You should have installed only a db. PCM.Daily is a db, FDB another. The order should be like this:
Install the game;
Install the last patch;

That's the problem Wink

So are you saying that I'd have to re-install the game?
I'd like to try and avoid that if I can, as I spent 3 days getting a team schedule together for a season, and I only realised this problem when I came to race the first day

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
matt17br wrote:
Neillster wrote:
The order this went:

Install the game;
Install the last patch;

That's the problem Wink

So are you saying that I'd have to re-install the game?
I'd like to try and avoid that if I can, as I spent 3 days getting a team schedule together for a season, and I only realised this problem when I came to race the first day

Sadly you will have to do it anyway. Even if you fix all the db stuff, the career will be anyhow messed up. So it's better that you re-install the game.

Neillster
Ok, so now I've a new issue Sad

I've uninstalled the game from my machine, and deleted all the files, a complete removal. However, when I go onto my steam account it doesn't give me the option to reinstall it. It just says that I should play it, then throws up an error because I've deleted the file.

Ad Bot
Posted on 15-11-2019 14:48
Bot Agent

IP: None  
matt17br
Neillster wrote:
Ok, so now I've a new issue Sad

I've uninstalled the game from my machine, and deleted all the files, a complete removal. However, when I go onto my steam account it doesn't give me the option to reinstall it. It just says that I should play it, then throws up an error because I've deleted the file.

I'm sorry, never used Steam, so I don't know exactly what to do, apologize for that Sad

Neillster
Ok, so I've got the files back, thanks to restore from the Recycling Bin. Phew. Can someone please tell me how I uninstall games on Steam?

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
Ok, so I've got the files back, thanks to restore from the Recycling Bin. Phew. Can someone please tell me how I uninstall games on Steam?

Take a look in there: https://forums.ste...?t=2669046

Lachi
BTW: Re-installing the game and installing patches and databases will not delete your career.

Just make sure to only install one (1) database. If you started your career with the database, which came with the expansion pack, you only need to install the expansion pack. Or if you started your career with the database from FDB14, only install the FDB14 pack.

Neillster
Right ok, so I uninstalled everything, completely cleared my computer of the game.

I then reinstalled the game via Steam.
Next I installed the 1.0.4.0 Patch into the C/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Pro-Cycling Manager 2013 folder
Finally I installed the FDB14v1.5 into the same file location. I've just got the same results! Sad

Some teams have their jersey's, but no equipment, while other teams haven't even got their jerseys. Only 4 of the minimaillots are working (AG2R, Belkin, Trek & Sky), and none of the team logos are working.

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
Right ok, so I uninstalled everything, completely cleared my computer of the game.

I then reinstalled the game via Steam.
Next I installed the 1.0.4.0 Patch into the C/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Pro-Cycling Manager 2013 folder
Finally I installed the FDB14v1.5 into the same file location. I've just got the same results! Sad

Some teams have their jersey's, but no equipment, while other teams haven't even got their jerseys. Only 4 of the minimaillots are working (AG2R, Belkin, Trek & Sky), and none of the team logos are working.

Did you start the game before installing the db as I told you?

Lachi
I am not sure why you would install the patch as steam automatically patches the game. But I doubt this is the cause to your problem.

Try this:
1. Select the FDB DB in the options of the game
2. Start a new career/race using the same team
3. Test, if it works
4. Start a new career/race using another team
5. Test, if it works

Neillster
@matt17br: Yeah I did. The Official Release database works just fine.

@Lachi: Hi, I tried this, sadly it didn't work Sad
Most of the teams do have their jerseys, but several don't (BMC, Europcar and a couple of others)
Several teams do not have any equipment (with one 1 wheel half way through the tarmac)

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
@matt17br: Yeah I did. The Official Release database works just fine.

@Lachi: Hi, I tried this, sadly it didn't work Sad
Most of the teams do have their jerseys, but several don't (BMC, Europcar and a couple of others)
Several teams do not have any equipment (with one 1 wheel half way through the tarmac)
You installed it in the wrong folder. BTW, you mustn't select officialrelease.cdb but the fdb database...

Neillster
How did I install it in the wrong folder?

I selected the official release cdb just to see if the game was working, which it was, but when I tried the fdb database, there are the issues which I've written above

matt17br
Neillster wrote:
How did I install it in the wrong folder?

I selected the official release cdb just to see if the game was working, which it was, but when I tried the fdb database, there are the issues which I've written above

That is because you installed it in the wrong folder Wink Re-check what is the folder where you installed the game, should be prgram/steam/commonapps/cyainde/pcm 14 or something similar.

Neillster
But that's where I did install it :/

on my machine the file location in program files/steam/steamapps/common/pro cycling manager 2013

Lachi
Did you check if the files of these teams are where they should be? You can open the database with an editor and look for the team abbreviation. Then look for the same named folder.

BTW: Did you check if this is not a general problem of that DB? I mean, there is a version 2 if I am not mistaken.

Jump to Forum: