PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 10:38
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ollfardh
Can Vanmarcke's sprint stats be reconsidered? It was pretty high in earlier databases, but that lost sprint in Roubaix got him down below 70. I'd say 72-73 would be better.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Faillu
https://www.cqrank...;current=0

Here's his results from this year. I have to say, I kinda agree with Olifardh, but not completely. You can all take a look at the results, and find your own meaning about his sprint stat. Smile

Jesleyh
Yeah, I see your point, but don't forget that he's normally not Belkin's main sprinter at all Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Faillu
Jesleyh wrote:
Yeah, I see your point, but don't forget that he's normally not Belkin's main sprinter at all Wink

I agree with you. Here we're talking about someone amazing at sprinting like Gesink or something. Smile

Jesleyh
Oh, you want to play it like that? Grin
Yeah indeed. He deserves 79 SP. Gesink 78 SP I think.
Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

weirdskyfan64
Ollfardh wrote:
Can Vanmarcke's sprint stats be reconsidered? It was pretty high in earlier databases, but that lost sprint in Roubaix got him down below 70. I'd say 72-73 would be better.

I think Vanmarcke won a bunch sprint at one of my TDU's once. Mind you, at least my PCM doesn't take good sprinters there.
Disclaimer- Most of my posts are me thinking aloud. And most of what I think is rubbish.
Winner of a FIFA Prediction Fair Play Award (a phrase becoming increasingly ironic)
"... Because he (me) has a sound tactical mind in general..." jandal7, at 9:30 am GMT on 12th May 2016

raulvasa_9
I think It´s not a Joke Increased some Stats of Valverde. In 2014 he shows as fighter as never, attacking in every race he did, in Murcia at 80 km to finish, in Roma Maxima at 40, even in Dwaars attacking. For a top rider, have this behaviour in minor races deserves top stat at FTR.

Of course, COB and FL should be updated after his cobbled adventure, maybe not 75 because theese races weren´t De Ronde, but Valverde shows that he could win a cobble race (he was caught by the bunch at 1,2 km to go), but I think he deserves 73, 74 (with this stat, he can win being a outsider, there also be at least 30 or 40 riders with better COB stat). And for being competitive it´s necesarry increase FL stat to, meybe 73.

I also think taht he deserves 81 in HI stat. Last year he finished 2 in Amstel, (in flecha he works for Quintana) 3 in Liege (with a technical problem with the gear), 2 in Clasica San Sebastian 3 in WC and 2 in Lombardia (the only one he wasn´t the strongest rider) He didn´t won these races (except Lombardia as I said) for tactics/tecnichal problems, not for being weaker than the others, so a rider whit this average of results in the best hilly races, deserves the top stat.

Finally I never understand how he has only 68 in sprint, when some top riders who had been beaten at sprint by him have better stats, like LL Sanchez (69), Gilbert (71), Gerrans (72). Every rider knows that Valverde is very fast, (he also win a Silver medal in a WC at sprint, behind Boonen), so giving him 68 is absolutely crazy.

As you can see, i am a Valverde fan, but everything I wrote I think is reallistyc

dark_x2012
Totally agree with raulvasa_9.

Jesleyh
73 COB? Not so sure, sounds a bit too generous.
Don't forget that the HI stat will make him way better in most Flanders races than the average cobbler as well Wink

Not so sure about his HI stat.
Also, regarding sprint, he's not faster than Gerrans and Gilbert normally.
Valv is already the fastest stage-racer by a margin in the DB.
Are you serious about the WC? That was 9 years ago!
But we'll consider Wink

Ollfardh
Small updates, yes. I wouldn't touch his hillstat until Ardennes though Smile

So far, I'm impressed by Devreese, Drucker & Baugnies (Wanty) and Van Asbroeck, Vanbilsen, Steels & Theuns (Topsport) from the smaller teams.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Jesleyh
Most of these have been updated already, will check the rest, thanks Wink

raulvasa_9
Jesleyh wrote:
73 COB? Not so sure, sounds a bit too generous.
Don't forget that the HI stat will make him way better in most Flanders races than the average cobbler as well Wink

Not so sure about his HI stat.
Also, regarding sprint, he's not faster than Gerrans and Gilbert normally.
Valv is already the fastest stage-racer by a margin in the DB.
Are you serious about the WC? That was 9 years ago!
But we'll consider Wink

About the sprint, last Amstel Gold Race won the bunch sprint ahead Kwiato, Gerrans and Gilbert. 1st race after his banned, he defeated Gerrans in Willunga Hill. He don´t usually sprint in GT or massive sprint for keep energy for next races, but when he sprint in one day races he used to be the fastest

baseballlover312
But if you give him that stat he will sprint in other races. You have to balance it how PCM AI will handle it to be practical with results.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

irdalopez
When a new update the stats??
Kristoff, Van Keirsbulck, Demare, Colbrelli, Modolo, Degenkolb, Devolver, Van Asbroeck, Senechal, Kwiatkowski, Terpstra.....

I love the spring
Edited by irdalopez on 03-04-2014 17:13

baseballlover312
Not sure Kristoff, Demare, Modolo, Degenkolb, Devolder, or Kwiatkowski would need updates of any kind.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Alakagom
Well to be fair Devolder has been extremely good helper for Cance so far although not seen yet much due to his bad luck. He deserves a small upgrade for sure.

Also Modolo came a long way from last year with proper support from Lampre, definitely looking great and may deserve an upgrade.

Others like Asbroeck, Senechal have been updated.
Edited by Alakagom on 03-04-2014 19:39
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

admirschleck
Modolo needs +1 in SP , Kristoff +1 in HI and Devolder deserves at least +1 if not +2 in COB [My opinion]. He's the best Cancellara's support besides Rast and he surely deserves higher COB stat than 73. I wouldn't change Demare and Kwiat, tho.

Aaand Zabel'd. Great to know that you're going to update Devolder!
Edited by admirschleck on 03-04-2014 19:43
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
Alakagom wrote:
Well to be fair Devolder has been extremely good helper for Cance so far although not seen yet much due to his bad luck. He deserves a small upgrade for sure.

Also Modolo came a long way from last year with proper support from Lampre, definitely looking great and may deserve an upgrade.

Others like Asbroeck, Senechal have been updated.

Perhaps Devolvder needs an upgrade. Maybe 74/75, although we ahven't seen the hardest cobble yet.

I believe Modolo currently has 76 sprint? If so maybe 77. If it alreaxdy is 77 then keep that.

Kristoff maybe could use the hill boost Admir talks about but none of his main stats should be upgraded.

The young guns of course should be updated. Also Vanbilsen needs cobbles and sprint improved.

The rest though have shown nothing to show an improvement in stats but have just shown what they already have IMO.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Jesleyh
I believe Kristoff recieved minor HI & STA boosts.
Modolo is on 77.
Agreed about Devolder.

Oh, and Alak, it's time to answer your PM(s) Pfft
Edit : Thanks Pfft

Anyway, Alak and I are in a doubt, and we were curious to see what you think:
Is Greipel worth 82 SP?
I thought Cav & Kittel have the edge, and that 81 would suit him better. Alak wasn't sure, so we(he Pfft) thought it might be a good idea to put it here.
So, what do you guys think, 81 or 82 SP?
Edited by Jesleyh on 03-04-2014 20:22

Tafiolmo
Jesleyh wrote:
I believe Kristoff recieved minor HI & STA boosts.
Modolo is on 77.
Agreed about Devolder.

Oh, and Alak, it's time to answer your PM(s) Pfft
Edit : Thanks Pfft

Anyway, Alak and I are in a doubt, and we were curious to see what you think:
Is Greipel worth 82 SP?
I thought Cav & Kittel have the edge, and that 81 would suit him better. Alak wasn't sure, so we(he Pfft) thought it might be a good idea to put it here.
So, what do you guys think, 81 or 82 SP?

But doesn't Greipel have a 1 point less in acceleration than both Cave and Kittel to compensate?

Also should Sagan really have a hill stat of 78?
Edited by Tafiolmo on 03-04-2014 23:36

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Edvald Boasson Hagen