PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Paul23
matt17br wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:
Betancur's acceleration stat is 79, Costa is 74 and I don't see why he should be 76...? Uran may be lowered in the next version.
After seeing Valverde as well 74 is enough for CostaWink
But Uran should obviously be lowered imo

It is mostly punchers that get high acceleration and I find Vincenzo nibali and froome ACC stats low at 74 and 75 while contador get 78 that's a bit weird.

Does Nibali really deserve more than 74?

He was quite strong in TdF, but I think his MO stat will cover this.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

matt17br
The fact is that Nibali doesn't really accelerate, his attacks are more of a progression, hence why he can't have a puncher-like acceleration stat.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Riis123
Yeah, basically everyone has the ability to accelerate on a somewhat decent level when going uphill, but not everyone (only a select few) will be able to use it as the other guys are exhausted and will completely in the red if they decide to. The only rider i can remember which I honestly thought couldnt accelerate was Mancebo, holy fck.

fidjim2013
sgdanny wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:
Betancur's acceleration stat is 79, Costa is 74 and I don't see why he should be 76...? Uran may be lowered in the next version.

It is mostly punchers that get high acceleration and I find Vincenzo nibali and froome ACC stats low at 74 and 75 while contador get 78 that's a bit weird.

Well that's because of their riding styles, Contador is the explosive rider, hence his Acceleration becomes an important stat to showcase that in the game and Froome is the pain receiver, which doesn't take the big attacks, but set's the tempo and makes everyone else tired.

Froome = Endurance stat
Contador = Acceleration stat

By making these stats high, you give them two different riding styles, if you don't give Froome too many high stats in the Acceleration stat Wink

If froome has more endurance why does he gets the same END stat with contador 75 ?

fidjim2013
That's a bit surprising to me to see froome with 66 downhill the same as pinot. pinot has never been good downhill so to see froome at 66 makes me laugh

AiZaK
Pinot downhill 57

sgdanny
fidjim2013 wrote:
sgdanny wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:

Well that's because of their riding styles, Contador is the explosive rider, hence his Acceleration becomes an important stat to showcase that in the game and Froome is the pain receiver, which doesn't take the big attacks, but set's the tempo and makes everyone else tired.

Froome = Endurance stat

By making these stats high, you give them two different riding styles, if you don't give Froome too many high stats in the Acceleration stat Wink

If froome has more endurance why does he gets the same END stat with contador 75 ?

Well shoudln't that be fixed then ? Smile
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

Jesleyh
Don't exaggerate Pinot's downhill failure.
It was bad in 2013 but his downhills were significantly better in 2014, as if he 'overcame' his fear. It's still not great but I wouldn't go for 57 Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:
Pinot downhill 57

No, that's too low. In the tour he demonstrated that he can downhill decently, hes got 63 iirc and that is perfect for him.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:17
Bot Agent

IP: None  
fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
AiZaK wrote:
Pinot downhill 57

No, that's too low. In the tour he demonstrated that he can downhill decently, hes got 63 iirc and that is perfect for him.

In my DB pinot got 66, Chris froome was 70 before I don't understand why he's 66 right now

fidjim2013
sgdanny wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
sgdanny wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:

Froome = Endurance stat

Well shoudln't that be fixed then ? Smile

Froome should be 78 then

Jesleyh
Dunno about that. Contador should have a small edge on Froome imo and if you give Froome 78STA, quite a bit above Contador, that edge is completely gone.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

fidjim2013
Jesleyh wrote:
Dunno about that. Contador should have a small edge on Froome imo and if you give Froome 78STA, quite a bit above Contador, that edge is completely gone.

Let's not forget that contador has a higher Rec than froome

matt17br
fidjim2013 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

But that's justified, Froome didn't really ever perform 100% well in the 3rd week, both in Tour 2013 and Vuelta 2014.

Also, yes, that Pinot 66 downhill is perfect imo, in this year's tour looked like he really worked hard to bring us some pro-level downhilling performances. Froome's bike handling skills justify that 66 as well.

sgdanny
Still it's a good combination, Froome will have 2 more in endurance than Contador, but Contador has more survivability and acceleration. This gives them two different gameplays
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

But that's justified, Froome didn't really ever perform 100% well in the 3rd week, both in Tour 2013 and Vuelta 2014.

Also, yes, that Pinot 66 downhill is perfect imo, in this year's tour looked like he really worked hard to bring us some pro-level downhilling performances. Froome's bike handling skills justify that 66 as well.

You are so wrong to say that froome didn't perform well in the 3rd week of the tour 2013, he dominated everyone, as for the vuelta 2014 that is understandable because he only went to the vuelta to gain kilometers and it wasn't his main focus. It's different from contador who said before the 2014 season started that he would go for the tour 2014 and vuelta 2014. Froome was more unlucky than contador this year. Contador only got one bad crash and it was during the tour while froome crashed so many times.
Downhilling isn't about bike handling skills alone and if it was about bike handling skills alone then peter sagan would be first because he's better than nibali with a bike

matt17br
Is really losing a bunch of seconds to Quintana twice dominating? He won the tour on the 1st and 2nd week, in the 3rd he lost about a minute on the mountains. About his downhilling stats:I didn't say that it is totally based on his bike handling skills, but I meant that he doesn't deserve an higher stat than that also because of that, but irl he never did anything to prove he deserves higher than that. Cobblestones is not only about bike andling skills, nonetheless he has got a feet low stat because couldn't even manage to get into a cobbled section without falling before in Arenberg's stage.
Edited by matt17br on 31-01-2015 20:33

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
Is really losing a bunch of seconds to Quintana twice dominating?

In a grand tour every second matter and if you look carefully in this tour 2015 the winner will not win by large margin because there's no time trial. Quintana is very good in mountain no denying but he's more of a pure climber than a complete rider and the reason is because he's not good in time trial. Only guys like froome, contador, and nibali have some decent time trial skills.

Jesleyh
fidjim2013 wrote:
matt17br wrote:
Is really losing a bunch of seconds to Quintana twice dominating?

In a grand tour every second matter and if you look carefully in this tour 2015 the winner will not win by large margin because there's no time trial. Quintana is very good in mountain no denying but he's more of a pure climber than a complete rider and the reason is because he's not good in time trial. Only guys like froome, contador, and nibali have some decent time trial skills.

No, you're getting him wrong. Matt pointed out that Froome was not as dominating in the final 2013 Tour week, in fact, he showed signs of weakness and therefore Quintana actually beat him multiple times in the last week.
Edited by Jesleyh on 31-01-2015 20:49

matt17br
And why are you talking about Timetrial :lol:?
Recuperation is all aboit the third week, and you are right saying that Quintana is a pure climber. But if we'd follow your argumentation, we would lower by at least 2 Froome's mountain skill because he's not a pure climber and he can only win gts by long time trials. That is partly true, but can we actually do that? No, obviously not!

So, I was saying that Froome deserves a low recuperation stat because that is like in real life! He loses shape in the 3rd week and hes never done completely well in a gt 3rd week, so that's it. Quintana, on the other hand is the best rider under the recuperation skill because he's kinda superior in every gts 3rd week he took part to.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Never Celebrate Early