· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Jesleyh
Well, the ACC stat is about the acceleration(of the attacks). Contador's acceleration is just excellent and faster than Froome. Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 27-01-2015 17:40
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

fidjim2013
Jesleyh wrote:
Well, the ACC stat is about the acceleration(of the attacks). Contador's acceleration is just excellent and faster than Froome. Wink

But he hasn't proved it that his acceleration is faster lately while when froome make an attack you know more than one cyclist will suffer in a climb and like I said the tour 2013 and the criterium du dauphine is good examples, during the tour nobody was able to follow froome. During the criterium only contador was able to follow the attacks but he said at the end of the stage he was in the red. I don't think a guy like contador would be in the red if froome acc wasn't fast and excellent.

Riis123
As off late, Froomes attacks havent been as explosive as some remember them before to be (apart from the Dauphine, but Contador was able to match him there), they have been more steady pacelifting or whatever you wanna call it. Contador having a higher acc stat than Froome (and also the other mentioned) is completely justified I feel, because when he is at 100%, his accelerations are just evil. Its not like Valverde has a higher acceleration either, he is just plain faster than Contador in a sprint, but thats not what the acc-stat is about

fidjim2013
Riis123 wrote:
As off late, Froomes attacks havent been as explosive as some remember them before to be (apart from the Dauphine, but Contador was able to match him there), they have been more steady pacelifting or whatever you wanna call it. Contador having a higher acc stat than Froome (and also the other mentioned) is completely justified I feel, because when he is at 100%, his accelerations are just evil. Its not like Valverde has a higher acceleration either, he is just plain faster than Contador in a sprint, but thats not what the acc-stat is about

In all PCM daily DB his ACC is always 75 so why do you say as off late his attacks haven't been explosive ?
If his ACC was 77 before I could understand but his ACC always the same so it shows that there's no change. Even if his attacks were more explosive than contador he would be 75

Riis123
I havent seen the stats, but I dont agree with that either, Froome should imo be higher than that as he can explode when not hindered by sickness, bad shape etc, but I still think Contador should be 1-2 higher than Froome.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:15
Bot Agent

IP: None  
matt17br
fidjim2013 wrote:
In all PCM daily DB his ACC is always 75 so why do you say as off late his attacks haven't been explosive ?
If his ACC was 77 before I could understand but his ACC always the same so it shows that there's no change. Even if his attacks were more explosive than contador he would be 75

This sounds like a provocation to me, as it means that we wouldn't upgrade his stats only because he's Froome or something. We don't make any kind of favoritism towards any rider if that's what you mean, our stats are meant to reflect what happens irl, the stat discussion thread is opened to discuss changes, not to complain about the stats, everyone will have his point of view, for this reason the stats will never be 100% perfect and accurate for everyone.

Also, just as a note, Froome's stat is actually 75 the 4th highest among the gc contenders that roughly looks like this:

Rodriguez: 82
Contador: 78
Uran: 77
Valverde: 77
Froome: 75
Edited by matt17br on 27-01-2015 18:56
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:

This sounds like a provocation to me, as it means that we wouldn't upgrade his stats only because he's Froome or something. We don't make any kind of favoritism towards any rider if that's what you mean, our stats are meant to reflect what happens irl, the stat discussion thread is opened to discuss changes, not to complain about the stats, everyone will have his point of view, for this reason the stats will never be 100% perfect and accurate for everyone.

Also, just as a note, Froome's stat is actually 75 the 4th highest among the gc contenders that roughly looks like this:

Rodriguez: 82
Contador: 78
Uran: 77
Valverde: 77
Froome: 75

I'm not trying to be provocative because I know the DB makers are doing a great job but I was just saying my point of view I wasn't trying to be rude

Forever the Best
Why is Uran's ACC higher than Froome,Quintana,Nibali,Aru,D.Martin(?) and same with Valverde?
Why is Valverde's ACC same as Uran's and 5 points lower than Rodriguez?
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

fidjim2013
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Why is Uran's ACC higher than Froome,Quintana,Nibali,Aru,D.Martin(?) and same with Valverde?

Uran ACC is not higher than Dan Martin because martin got 80 but for the rest you are right.

Riis123
Uran's should definetely not be that high, he barely never accelerates, he is just content with riding his own pace. I would put Froome at 77-38 and Uran in the low 70's.

fidjim2013
Riis123 wrote:
Uran's should definetely not be that high, he barely never accelerates, he is just content with riding his own pace. I would put Froome at 77-38 and Uran in the low 70's.

yes exactly you are right uran accelerate rarely and he gets higher stats than riders that accelerates more but since the ACC is about the explosivity of the attack maybe when he does an attack its powerful, but I don't see it higher than froome ACC.

Riis123
fidjim2013 wrote:
Riis123 wrote:

yes exactly you are right uran accelerate rarely and he gets higher stats than riders that accelerates more but since the ACC is about the explosivity of the attack maybe when he does an attack its powerful, but I don't see it higher than froome ACC.

Nope, not at all. Urán is much more of a Ullrich-type diesel than an accelerator which is why it boggles me he has a higher acc-stat than Froome. On a second thought, I wouldnt even give Urán 70 tbh.

fidjim2013
Riis123 wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Riis123 wrote:

Nope, not at all. Urán is much more of a Ullrich-type diesel than an accelerator which is why it boggles me he has a higher acc-stat than Froome. On a second thought, I wouldnt even give Urán 70 tbh.

Uran should not be more than 72 at the best

Forever the Best
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Can a DB maker answer?
Btw what are Betancur's and Costa's ACC stats?They should be77-78(Betancur) and 76-77(Costa)and they should also be higher than Uran who has to be 71-72 at best.
Gracias Alberto.

matt17br
Betancur's acceleration stat is 79, Costa is 74 and I don't see why he should be 76...? Uran may be lowered in the next version.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Forever the Best
matt17br wrote:
Betancur's acceleration stat is 79, Costa is 74 and I don't see why he should be 76...? Uran may be lowered in the next version.
After seeing Valverde as well 74 is enough for CostaWink
But Uran should obviously be lowered imo
Gracias Alberto.

fidjim2013
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:

It is mostly punchers that get high acceleration and I find Vincenzo nibali and froome ACC stats low at 74 and 75 while contador get 78 that's a bit weird.

AiZaK
I think Valverde would be perfect with 79

sgdanny
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:

It is mostly punchers that get high acceleration and I find Vincenzo nibali and froome ACC stats low at 74 and 75 while contador get 78 that's a bit weird.

Well that's because of their riding styles, Contador is the explosive rider, hence his Acceleration becomes an important stat to showcase that in the game and Froome is the pain receiver, which doesn't take the big attacks, but set's the tempo and makes everyone else tired.

Froome = Endurance stat
Contador = Acceleration stat

By making these stats high, you give them two different riding styles, if you don't give Froome too many high stats in the Acceleration stat Wink
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

matt17br
fidjim2013 wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
matt17br wrote:

Does Nibali really deserve more than 74?

@Aizak, which stat are you talking about?
Edited by matt17br on 30-01-2015 14:10

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Greg van Avermaet in a Strange Jersey