· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
AiZaK
Ohh would be perfect to add Jacub Mareczko in the DB. Another good and young rider

fidjim2013
Paul23 wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
tbh, I would like to see Degenkolb with a higher SP than Bouhanni and Demare. But with the same/or a lower ACC. But when Bouhanni gets 80 Sp, it would be overkill to give Degenkolb 81, i think. However, could be that i have this opinion, because I'm german.

I agree degenkolb would deserve a higher SP than Demare but no higher than bouhanni because if you looked carefully to their matchup in real life in the last vuelta they were quite even.

I wouldn't think so...Bouhanni only won, when his leadout was perfect. Degenkolb could win the green jersey at the end...I would think Bouhanni would deserve a higher HI atm(i don't know what he has atm)

Bouhanni's wins doesn't come from nowhere and he won the sprint jersey in the giro and got 3 wins, he won 2 times in the vuelta and he would have won probably more if he hadn't leave the vuelta. Nowadays most sprinters win with a perfect leadout, look at sprinters like Cavendish, greipel or kittel they got good train. By the way in the last database bouhanni is 72 HI one lower than degenkolb and kristoff which is perfect

Paul23
fidjim2013 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
tbh, I would like to see Degenkolb with a higher SP than Bouhanni and Demare. But with the same/or a lower ACC. But when Bouhanni gets 80 Sp, it would be overkill to give Degenkolb 81, i think. However, could be that i have this opinion, because I'm german.

I agree degenkolb would deserve a higher SP than Demare but no higher than bouhanni because if you looked carefully to their matchup in real life in the last vuelta they were quite even.

I wouldn't think so...Bouhanni only won, when his leadout was perfect. Degenkolb could win the green jersey at the end...I would think Bouhanni would deserve a higher HI atm(i don't know what he has atm)

Bouhanni's wins doesn't come from nowhere and he won the sprint jersey in the giro and got 3 wins, he won 2 times in the vuelta and he would have won probably more if he hadn't leave the vuelta. Nowadays most sprinters win with a perfect leadout, look at sprinters like Cavendish, greipel or kittel they got good train. By the way in the last database bouhanni is 72 HI one lower than degenkolb and kristoff which is perfect

He hadn't won the red jersey in the giro, if Kittel would not left...
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

fidjim2013
Paul23 wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:

He hadn't won the red jersey in the giro, if Kittel would not left...

I agree with you but kittel is on another level he's a very fast sprinter and he's got the best train in the peloton which helps him a lot. If you look at luka mezgec he was a very good leadout for kittel in the giro. When you look in the TDF kittel won 4 stages but it's because he's got john degenkolb as a leadout, and in almost any team john degenkolb would be the main sprinter. Now you can understand how this team are winning so easily sprint stages.

matt17br
Guys, go take a look at their actual results please. Bouhanni had a tremendous season with a bunch of truly important wins and he sure deserves such an high sprint stats, definitely not lower than Degenkolb, Paul! Go watch Vuelta's sprints, in 2 or 3 of them Bouhanni was quite unlucky Wink

Moreover, stating that Bouhanni has had a good season only because he won an -as you're statin- undeserved points jersey doesn't hold up at all. Perhaps he wouldn't have won the red jersey at the Giro with Kittel, but the latter is the rider that managed to dominate all the sprints he took part in the last 2 years and Bouhanni has still beaten lots of good sprinters like Nizzolo, Viviani or Swift in every single sprint, except the last one in Trieste Wink

Demare hasn't won a sprint in a GT yet, you're right, but don't you think that those 14 victories in 2014 can justify 80? 2 3rd spots in the Tour, when he clearly wasn't in a Tour shape, plus lots of 2nd places, of which one at Gent-Wevelgem, behind Degenkolb, that was a bit advantaged by his cobbles skills. We can add his victory in the French National Championship as icy on the cake, in front of Bouhanni.

I still need a reason why Degenkolb should have the same sprint stat as Greipel, and therefore a better stat than Kristoff, Bouhanni and Demare Wink
Edited by matt17br on 24-01-2015 11:18
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
TheManxMissile
Well i still think Greipel and Kristoffs SP is too high, so that's my reasoning Wink I could go back and dig up my arguments as to why Kristoff is over-rated but it didn't make a difference then so won't now. I'll just make these F*CKING POINTLESS MINOR PERSONAL PREFERENCES myself in my own db when it comes out
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:26
Bot Agent

IP: None  
matt17br
TheManxMissile wrote:
Well i still think Greipel and Kristoffs SP is too high, so that's my reasoning Wink I could go back and dig up my arguments as to why Kristoff is over-rated but it didn't make a difference then so won't now. I'll just make these F*CKING POINTLESS MINOR PERSONAL PREFERENCES myself in my own db when it comes out

Oh well, I guess that it made a difference as we lowered his sprint stat in the V1.5, and that's still the same in the V2, and will probably be so in the V2.1.

Anyway, I don't think that winning 2 stages at the Tour, Sanremo and Vattenfall would get him less than 80 Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

TheManxMissile
matt17br wrote:
Anyway, I don't think that winning 2 stages at the Tour, Sanremo and Vattenfall would get him less than 80 Wink

Actually i think my arguement was more along the lines that other sprinters had beaten him more often in straight competition
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

matt17br
TheManxMissile wrote:
matt17br wrote:

Actually i think my arguement was more along the lines that other sprinters had beaten him more often in straight competition

It doesn't look that obvious as you make it look like using pcs' head to head against say Bouhanni: https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider....oId=140633
Edited by matt17br on 24-01-2015 11:31

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
Guys, go take a look at their actual results please. Bouhanni had a tremendous season with a bunch of truly important wins and he sure deserves such an high sprint stats, definitely not lower than Degenkolb, Paul! Go watch Vuelta's sprints, in 2 or 3 of them Bouhanni was quite unlucky Wink

Moreover, stating that Bouhanni has had a good season only because he won an -as you're statin- undeserved points jersey doesn't hold up at all. Perhaps he wouldn't have won the red jersey at the Giro with Kittel, but the latter is the rider that managed to dominate all the sprints he took part in the last 2 years and Bouhanni has still beaten lots of good sprinters like Nizzolo, Viviani or Swift in every single sprint, except the last one in Trieste Wink

Demare hasn't won a sprint in a GT yet, you're right, but don't you think that those 14 victories in 2014 can justify 80? 2 3rd spots in the Tour, when he clearly wasn't in a Tour shape, plus lots of 2nd places, of which one at Gent-Wevelgem, behind Degenkolb, that was a bit advantaged by his cobbles skills. We can add his victory in the French National Championship as icy on the cake, in front of Bouhanni.

I still need a reason why Degenkolb should have the same sprint stat as Greipel, and therefore a better stat than Kristoff, Bouhanni and Demare Wink

Those 14 victories of demare doesn't mean anything if he doesn't win against big sprinters. The quantity is not important its the quality of those wins

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:

Oh well, I guess that it made a difference as we lowered his sprint stat in the V1.5, and that's still the same in the V2, and will probably be so in the V2.1.

I don't understand why you think greipel and kristoff are overated. Greipel is 81SP 79ACC and Kristoff is 80SP 80ACC, its just fine considering they are fast sprinters

matt17br
@fidjim I couldn't agree more about those stats indeed, what proves it is is that i partly set them Pfft have you misunderstood my point? Wink

Paul23
@matt it could be, that Degenkolbs stats are fine and that I just want them to be higher cause I am german...

but idk if you use pcs often to create stats.

but if you do, just look at this: https://www.procyc...oId=140765

Also I need to make my own db...I just would like to create some stats and after that get some opinions on them...
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

matt17br
Paul23 wrote:
@matt it could be, that Degenkolbs stats are fine and that I just want them to be higher cause I am german...

Also I need to make my own db...I just would like to create some stats and after that get some opinions on them...

Well, yes, we can't remember every single result of every single rider so we have to often take a look at pcs, cq or many other sites.

Had a look at that H2H, interesting one, but if you look better, Degenkolb dominates in 2012 compared to Bouhanni, while the 2013 and 2014 are mostly tied. Bouhanni wasn't in such an high level in 2012 yet Wink

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
Paul23 wrote:

Well, yes, we can't remember every single result of every single rider so we have to often take a look at pcs, cq or many other sites.

Had a look at that H2H, interesting one, but if you look better, Degenkolb dominates in 2012 compared to Bouhanni, while the 2013 and 2014 are mostly tied. Bouhanni wasn't in such an high level in 2012 yet Wink

Dengenkolb is more of a classics sprinter like demare and kristoff while bouhanni is a pure sprinter he hasn't proved anything yet in classics

matt17br
That's why he's a bit advantadged in the head 2 head, or season rankings, he can compete in more races and he's a pure sprinter.

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
That's why he's a bit advantadged in the head 2 head, or season rankings, he can compete in more races and he's a pure sprinter.

If bouhanni can do better rankings with cofidis in 2015 than with FDJ he would definitely deserves better stats

fidjim2013
Why does Contador have better ACC than riders like froome, Kwiatkowski, and valverde ?

matt17br
fidjim2013 wrote:
Why does Contador have better ACC than riders like froome, Kwiatkowski, and valverde ?

There must be a reason if we think so, in this case the reason are his attacks, a youtube video would do I guess Wink

fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
fidjim2013 wrote:

There must be a reason if we think so, in this case the reason are his attacks, a youtube video would do I guess Wink

If you look carefully since 2013 chris froome is doing better attacks than contador and if you look at the criterium du dauphine 2014 in stage 2 that's a great example. This year contador was mostly following big threats of GC he wasn't attacking that much like he was doing when he was younger.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Dumb Goss
Dumb Goss