jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
j0nne
If you scroll up a bit, you'll see why and where you're wrong.

Ollfardh
How about you stop bothering them with silly questions, so they can get some work done? Wink
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

j0nne
Cute <3

AiZaK
I was looking a little the new stats, and I think that Cancellara 72 in SPR, maybe too high.

For example, Carlos Barbero I think that is faster in sprints that Cancellara and he is 71.

Paul Martens is similar, he is 73, I think that 71 maybe better.

In my opinion I would change this sprints stats:
- Valverde (he is now in the DB)69 -> (For me) 70
- Van Avermaet 71 -> 72/73 He is more sprinter than Gerrans
- Albasini 72 -> 70
- Martens 73 -> 71
- Boom 70 -> 69 (Valverde and Gilbert are faster than Boom)
- Visconti 67 -> 68/69
- Gerrans 73 -> 72
- Geraint Thomas 68 -> 70. And in climbs he is 73 I would give 72

I think if you give Martens, Albasini, Gerrans more than 71 or 72 in a flat race versus sprinters riders like Metlushenko, Barbero, Haedo, etc he can win easily the stage

G. Cesar Veloso doesn't have photo in v2 neither Sad
Edited by AiZaK on 29-12-2014 18:36

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:
I was looking a little the new stats, and I think that Cancellara 72 in SPR, maybe too high.

For example, Carlos Barbero I think that is faster in sprints that Cancellara and he is 71.

Paul Martens is similar, he is 73, I think that 71 maybe better.

In my opinion I would change this sprints stats:
- Valverde (he is now in the DB)69 -> (For me) 70
- Van Avermaet 71 -> 72/73 He is more sprinter than Gerrans
- Albasini 72 -> 70
- Martens 73 -> 71
- Boom 70 -> 69 (Valverde and Gilbert are faster than Boom)
- Visconti 67 -> 68/69

I think that you're overpowering a bit the continental guns. Barbero, other than being mostly a sprinty puncher, wouldn't ever compete in a sprint with Cancellara, which demonstrated in several occasions that CAN compete in a tight sprint, as he has done in the Vuelta, and, if you look onto others cobbles classics contenders, you'll see that their sprint stats are similar.

Paul Martens definitely deserves 73 for his results this year: https://www.procyc...?id=140400
71 would be way too low...

Valverde got worse in the sprints in the last few years and 70 seemed too high to be fair.

Van Avermaet is not at all more sprinter than Gerrans and I wouldn't see a reason to upgrade his 71.

Albasini's 72 is totally deserved as well, if you look (once again) at his results this year, you'll soon find out that 72 is really well-deserved.

Boom's 70, again, is deserved, look into his results.

I don't see any reason for a Visconti's upgrade to be honest...

Really, you should take a look into their results, and all your doubts will fade away, Alakagom especially's gone into every single World Tour team and he'll soon finish the PCT teams as well, and I can assure you that he's doing that in a rather professional way Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
AiZaK

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:

Thomas' sprint is arguable, not the climb change though, take a look to the other guys on 72 and 73 Wink

Veloso? In the db he's got a photo assigned. That may be because (as happened with Keukeleire) photo's name is wrong. We're gonna fix it in a small bug/statfix.

Indeed: https://prntscr.co...

Really, we've gone into every single rider that hadn't ogt a photo in the V1 amd we added photos for about 15 of them, I can assure that we'll fix Veloso, sorry for that, indeed I remember that someone noticed it before.
Edited by matt17br on 29-12-2014 18:44
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

AiZaK
Thanks matt17br

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
maxime86
I have a question, so i havent fully downloaded the db but i saw the hill stat screen shot and i noticed that Tom Slagter had a 78 while Tony gallopin was not listed

I'm honestly confused as to how this is possible so i researched their results and heres what i got
Montreal QuebecTDFSan Seb.WCRRLiegeAmstelFleche
Gallopin391 stage, yellow jersey for 1 day,4 top 10 finishes56356098
Slagter12111 top 35 finish14DNF6521

Like i understand that slagter was crazilly better than gallopin in Liege, Amstel and Fleche are the main classics, but Gallopin was a helper for vanendert in all 3 of those races while Slagter was his team's leader, but when gallopin was the leader, he beat slagter every time

Edit: I see gallopin is a 77, I guess that's okay but still[img-l][/img-l]
Edited by maxime86 on 01-01-2015 09:32

Arberg27
Mountain:

84: Contador
83: Froome
82: Nibali and Quintana (Quintana 83 in potential)
81: Valverde and Rodríguez

Ollfardh
maxime86 wrote:
I have a question, so i havent fully downloaded the db but i saw the hill stat screen shot and i noticed that Tom Slagter had a 78 while Tony gallopin was not listed

I'm honestly confused as to how this is possible so i researched their results and heres what i got
Montreal QuebecTDFSan Seb.WCRRLiegeAmstelFleche
Gallopin391 stage, yellow jersey for 1 day,4 top 10 finishes56356098
Slagter12111 top 35 finish14DNF6521

Like i understand that slagter was crazilly better than gallopin in Liege, Amstel and Fleche are the main classics, but Gallopin was a helper for vanendert in all 3 of those races while Slagter was his team's leader, but when gallopin was the leader, he beat slagter every time

Edit: I see gallopin is a 77, I guess that's okay but still[img-l][/img-l]

Watch Paris-Nice again Wink
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

matt17br
As I already said and i don't wanna explain once again, Gallopin is a Gerrnas- like guy, he is not a pure puncher, he can't keep up on tough slopes but he can attack on easier hills/cotes, like Gilbert did at the AGR, as you can notice seeing the results in the ardennes classics you posted, neither of both is a 100% puncher like Purito, so they have no chance of doing well at the Fleche (21st and 98th), and their best results are Liege and Amstel, were the slopes are easier.
Edited by matt17br on 01-01-2015 12:15

AiZaK
I agree with Arberg27, Contador 84

Jesleyh
Keep in mind that Conta has way better backup stats, from what I've seen. He will be better than Froome in the mountains and especially hills.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

maxime86
matt17br wrote:
As I already said and i don't wanna explain once again, Gallopin is a Gerrnas- like guy, he is not a pure puncher, he can't keep up on tough slopes but he can attack on easier hills/cotes, like Gilbert did at the AGR, as you can notice seeing the results in the ardennes classics you posted, neither of both is a 100% puncher like Purito, so they have no chance of doing well at the Fleche (21st and 98th), and their best results are Liege and Amstel, were the slopes are easier.

Fair enough, and I just watched some paris-nice highlights so you're probably right

Tafiolmo
Arberg27 wrote:
Mountain:

84: Contador
83: Froome
82: Nibali and Quintana (Quintana 83 in potential)
81: Valverde and Rodríguez

I've had Quintana at 83 for some time now in my db and it works perfectly. I think he needs to be 83 if he's going to have a hope of taking a GT against the other big riders, as all are much better than him in TT's.

Arberg27
Jesleyh wrote:
Keep in mind that Conta has way better backup stats, from what I've seen. He will be better than Froome in the mountains and especially hills.

Contador has been clearly strongest in 2014 and he has always won against Froome, Nibali, Quintana, Valverde, Rodriguez etc (except TDF13).
Edited by Arberg27 on 02-01-2015 18:36

Arberg27
Tafiolmo wrote:
I've had Quintana at 83 for some time now in my db and it works perfectly. I think he needs to be 83 if he's going to have a hope of taking a GT against the other big riders, as all are much better than him in TT's.

Quintana is not 83, at least not in 2014, maybe in the future, but not right now.

Giro: Quintana could not keep up with Aru, in the mountains, in the first 2 weeks.
Vuelta: Valverde was better and Quintana lost many minutes before the crash.
Edited by Arberg27 on 02-01-2015 18:35

Forever the Best
Arberg27 wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:

Quintana is not 83, at least not in 2014, maybe in the future, but not right now.

Giro: Quintana could not keep up with Aru, in the mountains, in the first 2 weeks.
Vuelta: Valverde was better and Quintana lost many minutes before the crash.

Valverde better?Quintana was already better than him as he kept Conta's wheel at Valdelinares while Valverde couldn't.And Quintana was the leader of the race before his crash in ITT.
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

matt17br
Arberg27 wrote:

Yes, that's an interesting point Arberg, considering that Quintana eventually won the Giro beating Aru in every other mountain stage bar Montecampione.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Big Eddy