jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
kumazan
We need mental attributes in PCM Cyanide. Otherwise it's impossible to get Piti right. Pfft

jaxika
baseballlover312 wrote:
No way 80. I'd stills ay 78. He was in trouble the whole final climb. he was yoyoing, and just managed to hang on because he only took 1 pull the entire time that group was up front. Then he attacked on the flat. To me he didn't really prove that he should get that high by today.

Also Jorge, some of the people on that list are absurd. Purito, Valverde, Martin, Gilbert and maybe Betancur is good at 80, but not the others. Nibali could get it, but with his superior mountain it would even out in in between stages, so I'd spot him at 79. Sagan is no way above 77/78. He can do well on small hills. Even blow people away. But in a race like Liege he can't do anything guaranteed. Moreno probably 79 for me. In this stat matrix at least. Henao has done exactly nothing all year. I'd say he is 78 or so. And Uran also 78 and good mountain form the Giro.

Henao done nothing? LOL.

12th GC at Tirreno
3rd GC and stage win at Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco
6th (same time as 2nd) at Amstel Gold Race
2nd at La Flèche Wallonne
16th (same time as 6th) at Liège - Bastogne - Liège

romaniangoat
jaxika wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
No way 80. I'd stills ay 78. He was in trouble the whole final climb. he was yoyoing, and just managed to hang on because he only took 1 pull the entire time that group was up front. Then he attacked on the flat. To me he didn't really prove that he should get that high by today.

Also Jorge, some of the people on that list are absurd. Purito, Valverde, Martin, Gilbert and maybe Betancur is good at 80, but not the others. Nibali could get it, but with his superior mountain it would even out in in between stages, so I'd spot him at 79. Sagan is no way above 77/78. He can do well on small hills. Even blow people away. But in a race like Liege he can't do anything guaranteed. Moreno probably 79 for me. In this stat matrix at least. Henao has done exactly nothing all year. I'd say he is 78 or so. And Uran also 78 and good mountain form the Giro.

Henao done nothing? LOL.

12th GC at Tirreno
3rd GC and stage win at Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco
6th (same time as 2nd) at Amstel Gold Race
2nd at La Flèche Wallonne
16th (same time as 6th) at Liège - Bastogne - Liège

Also:
stage win on Malhao where he pass Rui Costa like a motorbike
5th GC in Poland
Also in Tirreno he was working for Froome and in Liege he had a very bad positioning on St.Nicholas.
ex Ventoux

kyle
Honestly, I never completly got the influence of Endurance and Resistance.. which one for which type of rider and stuff xD

Jesleyh
Endurance: Green Bar
Resistance: Is supposed to influence yellow bar. It doesn't though.

Also, Nechita should really be added to the DB Grin
Edited by Jesleyh on 29-09-2013 18:43
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
romaniangoat
Jesleyh wrote:
Endurance: Green Bar
Resistance: Is supposed to influence yellow bar. It doesn't though.

Also, Nechita should really be added to the DB Grin

For me he's a hero.
ex Ventoux

CrueTrue
Pretty sure he's already in the Real Name DB Wink

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Jesleyh
Oh, sorry then Wink
Well, then he probably has to be upgraded Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Avin Wargunnson
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Given his current stats, 7 potential is too much for him. Especially since, as Alakagom said, it's still doubtful that he'll become a real star.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's already at or close to his peak level, like so many other Rabobank products.

I have to disagree here. Giving Ewan and Mohoric 8 potential, while giving Keldermann 6 potential seems unfait to me. Keldermann proved lot of times he can be the upcoming great stage racer, compared to both dominat juniors who can easily be average in two years after being confronted with best pros.

But i understand we need future greats and hyped juniors (and they are hyped, Ewan already being seen here as someone who will have Sagan for breakfest, while their worlds are incomparable) every game with potential in it needs future beasts. But in reality, they can be nobody, like many former junior dominators...
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 30-09-2013 07:17
I'll be back

Avin Wargunnson
baseballlover312 wrote:

Now ,you are being ridiculous, Sagan to 77hill? Funny one...
And no wonder that he done nothing in race like Liege, since he never raced it in his career. Wink
Also i think in the game mountain stat is being considered for longer hills? And that lowers his chance already, while he climbed with guys like Costa and Kreuziger in Suisse mountain stage in real life. Btw your beloved Martin lost 46seconds there. Pfft
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 30-09-2013 07:36
I'll be back

aidanvn13
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

Now ,you are being ridiculous, Sagan to 77hill? Funny one...

IMO it would be difficult to judge riders on their hill ability on a course like the one in Firenze. They did 270km with 10 hill laps. In the end, the guys who featured were the mountain climbers with a punchy ability. Guys like Sagan, Gilbert, Cancellara, van Avermaet and co. suffered on the 2nd last climb. Normally it would be a climb that suits them quite well.
I think the accumulated climbing over the 10 laps better suited a rider who has a stronger mountain climbing ability. i.e. Valverde, Costa, Uran, Nibali, Rodriguez.
Edited by aidanvn13 on 30-09-2013 07:49
Manager of
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/afr.png Project: Africa pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/afr.png

Avin Wargunnson
Yep, it was climbers race. Also Grivko and Clarke are better climbers than punchers...
I'll be back

fickman
Im I the only one thinking Gilberts Hill stat is 1 point to high??? I mean he has shown he isnt anymore the dominator he used to be and wasnt near the podium in the Ardennes classics and way back at the Worlds, not to mention all the opportunities he had at Vuekta de España. He hasnt won a single WT Race with an uphill finish iirc.

Amstel Gold Race 5
La Flèche Wallonne 15
Liège - Bastogne - Liège 7
World Championships Road Race 9

I say he is 1 point below Purito and Valverde.

Jesleyh
Same thoughts here Fickman... Doesn't deserve the highest HI rating...
I adressed it earlier, and I think Alakagom said that he was going to change it or at least think about it, not sure though Wink

Kiserlovski01
What do you guys think the SP/ACC stats of Nikolas Maes should be? 7th in Vattenfall CC before Ciolek, Ferrari, Breschel, Hushovd... and 8th in Brussels Cycling Classics beating men like Viviani, Hutarovich, Ventoso...

I know these aren't real top sprinters, but still good results in a race with Degenkolb, Greipel and Kristoff in Germany and Greipel, Bouhanni, Kristoff in Brussels.

depeche92
Kiserlovski01 wrote:
What do you guys think the SP/ACC stats of Nikolas Maes should be? 7th in Vattenfall CC before Ciolek, Ferrari, Breschel, Hushovd... and 8th in Brussels Cycling Classics beating men like Viviani, Hutarovich, Ventoso...

I know these aren't real top sprinters, but still good results in a race with Degenkolb, Greipel and Kristoff in Germany and Greipel, Bouhanni, Kristoff in Brussels.

72-73 SP
73 ACC

Arberg27
fickman wrote:
Im I the only one thinking Gilberts Hill stat is 1 point to high??? I mean he has shown he isnt anymore the dominator he used to be and wasnt near the podium in the Ardennes classics and way back at the Worlds, not to mention all the opportunities he had at Vuekta de España. He hasnt won a single WT Race with an uphill finish iirc.

Amstel Gold Race 5
La Flèche Wallonne 15
Liège - Bastogne - Liège 7
World Championships Road Race 9

I say he is 1 point below Purito and Valverde.

Go to 1:13

Edited by Arberg27 on 01-10-2013 13:51

Pellizotti2
It was a nice attack, but it doesn't justify giving him the shared highest hill stat in the DB. He hasn't been anywhere near the best puncheur in the peloton for the past two years.

Purito and Valverde are doing circles around him on the climbs
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Arberg27
Name - Hill - Resistant - Endurance - Acceleration - Sprint

Purito ---- 82 - 79 - 80 - 85 - 65
Valverde - 82 - 77 - 79 - 80 - 69
Gilbert --- 82 - 80 - 76 - 81 - 70
Edited by Arberg27 on 01-10-2013 14:13

Spilak23
Pellizotti2 wrote:
It was a nice attack, but it doesn't justify giving him the shared highest hill stat in the DB. He hasn't been anywhere near the best puncheur in the peloton for the past two years.

Purito and Valverde are doing circles around him on the climbs

He beated Purito and Valverde on hill finishes twice during last years Vuelta + on the wc.
Edited by Spilak23 on 01-10-2013 14:26

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Andy Schleck on Ventoux