· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Tafiolmo
Looking through the stats in detail, I noticed that Tom Boonen's stats have hardly changed since when he was the best cobbled classics rider around with Cancellara a couple of years ago. Given that he's hardly had any success over the last few years with injury etc and his only notable victory was in the KBK, his stats seem very high, making him the overall second best in the game behind Cancellara.

Flat 80
Cob 81
End 80

............whereas teammate Terpstra over the same stats is actually lower.

Flat 79
Cob 81
End 79

Sep Vanmarcke is also lower, but he does have a higher cob stat.

Flat 79
Cob 82
End 79

So how accurate are Tom Boonen's stats?
Edited by Tafiolmo on 05-11-2014 20:38

matt17br
As said before, we should consider last years as well. Boonen isn't a rider that onpy performs in the cobbled races anyway, he's indeed a handy rider that can perform very well as a sprinter as well as a leadout man, so his 80 is justified. I might be wrong, though, we'll consider your suggestions Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Ollfardh
I kinda liked Boonen in Roubaix this year, I still consider him the 3rd best cobbler, after Cance and Vanmarcke. Terpstra won Roubaix on normal roads, not on the cobbles.

Boonen's hill stat might be questionable though. I'm not sure what it is right now, but he doesn't take them that well anymore.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

matt17br
Ollfardh wrote:
I kinda liked Boonen in Roubaix this year, I still consider him the 3rd best cobbler, after Cance and Vanmarcke. Terpstra won Roubaix on normal roads, not on the cobbles.

Boonen's hill stat might be questionable though. I'm not sure what it is right now, but he doesn't take them that well anymore.

Boonen's hill stat is 71 atm, which makes sense to me, considering that Vanmarcke's is 72 and Cancellara's 74. A downgrade to 70 might be considered, but it's a matter of different points of view.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Tafiolmo
I don't think there is any issue with Boonen's hill stat of 71, because the game doesn't really take into effect the difference between hill stat on a normal road compared to a cobbled climb.

For example Sagan has a higher hill stat than Cancellara by about 3 points which is ok for a normal road, but Cancellara is certainly better than Sagan going up a cobbled climb.

MARSUPILAMI
For me:

Cancellara 83
Vanmarcke 82
Terpstra, Boonen 81
Sagan 80
imgur.com/wPLoPQs.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/missed.png

Tafiolmo
MARSUPILAMI wrote:
For me:

Cancellara 83
Vanmarcke 82
Terpstra, Boonen 81
Sagan 80

Cancellara 82/83 is right but Sagan at 80! I'm not sure if he should be that much higher than other cobblers like Boom and Langeveld etc who are around 78. Also Sagan has a high hill stat which is another advantage.

MARSUPILAMI
It's my opinion... I think he deserves 79/80
imgur.com/wPLoPQs.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/missed.png

Tafiolmo
MARSUPILAMI wrote:
It's my opinion... I think he deserves 79/80

In the DB he's on 79.

matt17br
Sagan's 79 is definitely enough. Didn't saw him doing really well in the cobbled classics this year, in fact in the first release of the db he had 78.

AiZaK
In my opinion Sagan with 78 it's enough

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:
In my opinion Sagan with 78 it's enough

Well, riders on 79:
Sagan; Thomas: Degenkolb; Vandenbergh
Riders on 78:
Langeveld; Leukemans; Kristoff; Boom

Think again.
Edited by matt17br on 09-11-2014 08:19

Ollfardh
matt17br wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

Boonen's hill stat is 71 atm, which makes sense to me, considering that Vanmarcke's is 72 and Cancellara's 74. A downgrade to 70 might be considered, but it's a matter of different points of view.

I that case, upping Vanmarcke's hill stat might be the better move. He was quite good in the canadian classics and the worlds. Plus he's the only rider Cancellara hasn't been able to drop for the past 2 years.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

AiZaK
I think the same, Langeveld and Boom they aren´t worse than Sagan.

For me Sagan with 78 maybe fine. He is very good in flat, sprint,...

sgdanny
I agree with Ollfardh , Vanmarcke is close to be as versatile as Cancellara, if we don't consider the differencde in the time trials Smile
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

djick
what statistics and specialization of these riders Team Colombia(cm ramirez.bs ramirez.js molano.daniel felipe martinez.)what do you think?

matt17br
Thanks guys,some nice suggestions over here Wink

Croatia14
I think you should look at the TT-stats of Amador and Castroviejo...they are strong alone and really amazing when it comes to TTT, especially Castroviejo

Alakagom
While that can be true, especially Castroviejo sucked in most ITTs this year. Disappointing almost every time.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Croatia14
Alakagom wrote:
While that can be true, especially Castroviejo sucked in most ITTs this year. Disappointing almost every time.

I think that´s a little point which is hard to improve. Would be great if you could point the TTT strength out of the ITT ability

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Who said Paris Roubaix was not fun?
Who said Paris Roubaix was not fun?