Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:17
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Jesleyh
Hmm, I'd tend to put him on 77 instead.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Alakagom
Well only last year he won the Giro, and that's practically impossible to repeat with 77, and considering since his bad luck this year, I am giving him benefit of doubt till next year. Although it's pretty fair for his stat to be 77 I have to say right now.

If he fails to deliver next year, he'll have such decrease indeed.
Edited by Alakagom on 16-09-2013 16:29
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Jesleyh
Well, saying that he had a Schleck-like year is maybe too much, but looking at the amount of results learns us that he wasn't really good.
4th at Crans-Montana is the only single decent result he had, and 75/76MO would even be enough to get that result. 77Mo seems a good compromise for me then.
But okay, you're the boss Wink

Edit:
Well, your edit pretty much changed it Wink
Checked his 2013 results? Pfft
Edited by Jesleyh on 16-09-2013 16:32
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

brewers90
brewers90 wrote:
On Simon Yates, he is an incredible all-rounder, there's no doubt about that. But it's difficult to judge his stats with the limited information you get from U23 races. I would say 66/67 MO (what's Alaphilippe's MO BTW? I think they are quite similar in the mountains) with around 70 HIL. He can also go well in prologues (68/69?) and he's not bad in bunch sprints, I would say 67FL, 66SP and around 70ACC. And what about potential, 6 or 7?

Okay, so I underrated him Pfft. Definitely deserves 72HIL and around 68SP, judging by the way he just beat the likes of Golas, Bauer and Elmiger in the ToB. Also good stamina because it was a long stage. We'll find out how good he is in long-ish TT's tomorrow Wink

It also goes without saying that Bennett needs a HIL boost after that amazing performance. Probably 73?

Alakagom
Jesleyh wrote:
Well, saying that he had a Schleck-like year is maybe too much, but looking at the amount of results learns us that he wasn't really good.
4th at Crans-Montana is the only single decent result he had, and 75/76MO would even be enough to get that result. 77Mo seems a good compromise for me then.
But okay, you're the boss Wink

Edit:
Well, your edit pretty much changed it Wink
Checked his 2013 results? Pfft

Nah, I know most riders results by heart now Pfft
Just though I add that because I know his year has been preety shite.

brewers keep in mind those Brits are peaking for this race, while most riders are using this as a preparation for Worlds or other classics. Yates deserves a hill stat of 70 or somewhere around that, yes.

Bennet at 73 would be bit ridicolous, 69/70 at best too personally. If we were to judge rider's abilities on particular terrain by one result we would have lots of OP stats Smile
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

carmelobymelo
Made an update of stats for PCMdaily's Real Name DB, take a look - https://pcmdaily.c...d_id=30591
[PCM13]PCM.daily 2013 Expansion Pack DB Updated Stats + startlists (Last update 17.10.2013) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30591

[PCM13]2013 Startlists (Last update 24.08.2013 - Vuelta a Espana): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30693

[PCM12]PCM.daily 2012 Expansion Pack Updated Stats + 78 startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=23810

[PCM11]PCM.daily 2012 Stat updates + startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_499156

[PCM12]2012 Startlists (Last update 05.10.2012 - Giro dell'Emilia): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_562321

atlanta
Im pretty sure Purito peaked for the Tour just as Valverde did. No way Purito aimed to peak for Vuelta. And Valverde may have beat Purito in last 2 Vuelta's but arguably especially last year Purito was strongest in the race by some way. Valverde was gapped all the time he only came back when they slowed down. Purito also has podium'ed all 3 GT's which is some feat. Valverde only gets it done at the Vuelta he never bothers with the Giro. Im not putting him down atall I just think 80/80 seems fine with Purito on 81/80.

The Hobbit
Alakagom wrote:
Well only last year he won the Giro, and that's practically impossible to repeat with 77, and considering since his bad luck this year, I am giving him benefit of doubt till next year. Although it's pretty fair for his stat to be 77 I have to say right now.

If he fails to deliver next year, he'll have such decrease indeed.

The thing is though, he's not going to is he?
And right now, we are making the database for now,not just general around this time, he is looking bad, so we mark him down, when (if) he does well, we put him up again. That's what I would do.

Anderis
I really think Hesjedal's stats should stay the same until he fails to confirm his form in 2014.

Maybe it doesn't look like this for some, but he really had some signs of great capabilities this year.
In LBL finished 8th despite working for Martin. That's his best result there if I'm not mistaken.
During first week of the Giro he was showing some good form, looking comfortable and finishing some stages in top10. It was and indication of good form, until he got affected by his infection too badly.
Another confirmation that he had prepared good form for Giro which was spoilt only by infection was his performance in Tour de Suisse. As soon as his health was OK, he was able to top10 in first two stages there. Looking good for a podium spot in GC but he crashed heavily on another stage.

Since then his season was compromised. What is worse, he has broken his rib just at the start of TdF. All that bad luck together has compromised the rest of the season for him, but he still was able to top10 prologue in Tour of Alberta and 4th place in one of those Canadian WT classics.

Those flashes of good form during LBL, Tour de Suisse and early Giro make me think that he still has it and he could well be as strong as last year if not all of this bad luck he had this year. I believe he would've finished Giro in 2nd if not that lung infection. I believe his sporting level hasn't decreased since last year and he is still capable of Joaquim Rodriguez' level in the mountain. Hope he is free of bad luck next year and can prove it.
Edited by Anderis on 19-09-2013 20:35

Dippofix
Anderis wrote:
I really think Hesjedal's stats should stay the same until he fails to confirm his form in 2014.

Maybe it doesn't look like this for some, but he really had some signs of great capabilities this year.
In LBL finished 8th despite working for Martin. That's his best result there if I'm not mistaken.
During first week of the Giro he was showing some good form, looking comfortable and finishing some stages in top10. It was and indication of good form, unless he got affected by his infection too badly.
Another confirmation that he had prepared good form for Giro which was spoilt only by infection was his performance in Tour de Suisse. As soon as his health was OK, he was able to top10 in first two stages there. Looking good for a podium spot in GC but he crashed heavily on another stage.

Since then his season was compromised. What is worse, he has broken his rib just at the start of TdF. All that bad luck together has compromised the rest of the season for him, but he still was able to top10 prologue in Tour of Alberta and 4th place in one of those Canadian WT classics.

Those flashes of good form during LBL, Tour de Suisse and early Giro make me think that he still has it and he could well be as strong as last year if not all of this bad luck he had this year. I believe he would've finished Giro in 2nd if not that lung infection. I believe his sporting level hasn't decreased since last year and he is still capable of Joaquim Rodriguez' level in the mountain. Hope he is free of bad luck next year and can prove it.

+1. He mightn't have won anything this year, but that was mainly due to injuries/illnes. He looked sharp in the first giro weak. Also he played a key part in Martin's L-B-L win, forcing the pace at the end. I really think his stats are okay as they are, and maybe can be changed depending on how the next season goes.

Jesleyh
Well erm, Hesjedal looks like a 'Gesink case'.
Gesink got lowered, so why not Hesjedal? Pfft

baseballlover312
Jesleyh wrote:

But yet, Gesink recovered, and got results. Results that are worthy of his current stats.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

PhilipBusch
Jesleyh wrote:

Errh, what? At took two years before Gesink was lowered significantly.

Jesleyh
Philip, I know, I was just kidding, I know how much guys were hating on that Grin
Though at this exact moment, Gesink looks better than Ryder Wink
That deosn't mean that Gesink needs better stats than Hesjedal ofc Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 19-09-2013 21:00

PhilipBusch
Jesleyh wrote:
Philip, I know, I was just kidding, I know how much guys were hating on that Grin
Though at this exact moment, Gesink looks better than Ryder Wink
That deosn't mean that Gesink needs better stats than Hesjedal ofc Wink

Okay, I guess I missed the tone :-) Gesink looks great right now, but it's not the first time since his injury, he has just never been able to keep it up.

I think Bennet's hill and mountain should be reviewed, he seems to be climbing well. (I know that there haven't been any mountains, but the stats are somehow connected)

Cossack
I think Steele Von Hoff deserves 75 SP. 2nd and 3rd in Tour of Poland, faster than Hutarovich for example, and now a good performance in Britain.

MartijnVDD
Cossack wrote:
I think Steele Von Hoff deserves 75 SP. 2nd and 3rd in Tour of Poland, faster than Hutarovich for example, and now a good performance in Britain.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure these results were noticed by the db makers. ;-)

Jesleyh
Nah, I'm pretty sure the PCMdaily stat maker doesn't give a shit about the Tour of Poland...

Pfft

On an other note,
Daniele Aldegheri from Christina Watches might need a boost(though I looked at his stats at the Realname DB, not the PCM 12 update).
Edited by Jesleyh on 20-09-2013 16:47

Jesleyh
Also, I was thinking a bit:

Isn't it better to make the max. HI stat at least 81?
Since MO, SP & COB will at least reach 81, probably 82 or 83 as well...
Wouldn't the matrix be a bit disbalanced?

jaxika
So, after the WC what kind of TT stat? MArtin +2 of the rest? Wink

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots