· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,029
· Newest Member: essentialnaturaloils
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Rugby union
roturn
Without Carter, Nonu and McCaw they were still playing brilliant.
Slade with a better game than his first. Also Sonny B Williams and Guildford with an amazing game. Canada never had the smallest chance today against NZ`s "B-Team".

I bet all my PCM$, that the All Blacks will win this year. Wink
They will crush every other team by 20+ points imo. Banana

SportingNonsense
New Zealand havent yet been tested though. That was the problem 4 years ago, they came into the France game not having had a proper test, and lost - and with Argentina next, they wont be getting a real test until the Semis - so a risk of being caught cold? Dominating Canada is a given for New Zealand, no guarantee of also dominating the better teams Wink

Theyll still be tough to beat though, but its hard to call which Tri-Nation will make it into the final imo.

And on the basis of group stage performances, I think the winner of Wales-Ireland (hopefully Wales!) has the best chance of making the final from the European side of the draw. England and France do have history of being able to play much better in the knockout stages, but thats no guarantee that they will do that again.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

jack888
NZ would win in any normal tournament. But in the world cup the whole country expects them to win and the pressure can get to them (as it would with any team).

I can't imagine playing a rugby game where the cost of losing is so bad. But these games will be played at Eden Park, a field where NZ play fearlessly. So all the pressure might get thrown out of the window as soon as the whistle goes.

SA vs Australia is going to be awesome. I don't know what to expect. I'm picking Kurtley Beale to have a big game. Hopefully the rain stays away.

wackojackohighcliffe
Well another crap performance from England. Wales playing great though - could be a final for them...

mb2612
I honestly can't believe that result.

I was resigned to an aussie victory but we destroyed them and if we had a fair ref/could hold onto the ball when we saw the try line, would have won easily
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Please assume I am joking unless otherwise stated

rorzcp
pretty sad about the bokke, im devastated.

roturn
Damn. I missed both games as I wasn`t at home.
Hope I can watch the semi finals. 2 very interesting games for sure.

wackojackohighcliffe
That was possibly the worst refereeing decision in the history of rugby.

MrDemus
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:

Warburtons red card?

I am very new to rugby, and this is only my second game, but how is it a bad decision? To me it looked fair enough, but please enlighten me

wackojackohighcliffe
MrDemus wrote:

Warburtons red card?

I am very new to rugby, and this is only my second game, but how is it a bad decision? To me it looked fair enough, but please enlighten me

Because it wasn't a particularly dangerous tackle, it certainly was malicious, he just went a bit too far above the horizontal. Completely ridiculous.

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 08:45
Bot Agent

IP: None  
MrDemus
MrDemus wrote:

Warburtons red card?

Because it wasn't a particularly dangerous tackle, it certainly was malicious, he just went a bit too far above the horizontal. Completely ridiculous.

I'll just take that as a fact then Pfft. Thanks for clearing it up

wackojackohighcliffe
MrDemus wrote:
MrDemus wrote:

Warburtons red card?

I'll just take that as a fact then Pfft. Thanks for clearing it up

I think if I wasn't so angry I could have accepted a yellow. Smile
And I'm not even Welsh Pfft

MrDemus
On a totally different note, I must say that I am getting into this sport. Danish television has never shown it before, but they bought the WC, and it's actually quite interesting to follow.

wackojackohighcliffe
What a game we have now though!

Roman
Wales Sad

But anyway, really great game. I am rugby fan after this World Cup for sure!
Manager of Moser - Sygic

Crommy
MrDemus wrote:

Warburtons red card?

It wasn't a definite red (actually, according to the laws of the game, it was), but you most certainly cannot say it was the worst refereeing decision in the history of rugby.

Warburton has lifted the player off the ground. He then has to make sure Clerc lands safely. When he lifts Clerc, he has very little control over the French player. With Clerc in the air, Warburton then tries to drive forward. Given he had lifted Clerc poorly and without control the French player proceeded to land directly on his head. Which means it's a red.

Anyway, Wales still deserved to go through
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

craig324
I am a Kiwi so I am obliged to hate Wayne Barnes, however after Rolland gave the red card tonight I hate him as much as Barnes and that is saying a lot. In my view the world cup final is tomorrow between the All Blacks and the Wallabies whoever wins that is almost guaranteed the world cup as France have not looked a team worthy of winning.

wackojackohighcliffe
Crommy wrote:
MrDemus wrote:

Warburtons red card?

It wasn't a definite red (actually, according to the laws of the game, it was), but you most certainly cannot say it was the worst refereeing decision in the history of rugby.

Warburton has lifted the player off the ground. He then has to make sure Clerc lands safely. When he lifts Clerc, he has very little control over the French player. With Clerc in the air, Warburton then tries to drive forward. Given he had lifted Clerc poorly and without control the French player proceeded to land directly on his head. Which means it's a red.

Anyway, Wales still deserved to go through

Except he doesn't drive forward, does he? What he does is release the player - no malice whatsoever. It's not like when there wasn't even a penalty on the Lions tour when Brian O'Driscoll was driven into the ground.
[url]
(j) Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground such that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.
Sanction: Penalty kick [/url]
Edited by wackojackohighcliffe on 15-10-2011 11:30

craig324
He went in for the tackle, it was a solid tackle, and yes Clerc was lifted in the air but he did not end up past the horizontal plane, he was not driven to the ground, he did not land on his head. The decision was rough as up to that time there had been no infringements, no foul play. Rolland has to bear all responsibility as he did not confirm with his touch judges nor the assistants he just hastely went for the red card.

Crommy

https://www.deepso...ackles.pdf
The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the
player’s safety. A red card should be issued for this type of tackle.

It's a tackle where the player is lifted then dropped to the ground. Yes, it doesn't look that bad, but it's still covers the above. He is lifted, then deposited on the ground upside down, on his head. The IRB states this should be a straight red
Edited by Crommy on 15-10-2011 12:01
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots