· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Jesleyh
Most suggestions seem spot on, Anderis Wink

i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

baseballlover312
1. Agreed.
2. Also agree there.
3. Yes.
4. I don't know about downhill, but his recovery should be very good. Like I've said in the past, he has better recovery than some favorites. It shouldn't be thought of as a backup stat.
5. Well he did beat Sagan on 2 occasions in Cali, but I somewhat agree. It seems he is afraid of speed or something. he rarely opens up, he just rides the wheels to the line. He showed that he is good when he does though. In Cali he did and won, in Suisse he podiumed, and could have won if he wasn't cut off by Demare.
6. Agreed.
7. I think that is the case. I also think Nuyens could use a little more mountain. He was the last Garmin guy left in the group besides Martin on the first week Vuelta stages.
8. I also agree here, although I am pretty bias. If he wins or place sin Lombardia this year, that will be for sure.

9. Okay
10. I don't know about Morton. He was doing every well in the American races, but earlier in the season in Europe he was one of the first ones dropped and always seemed incredibly weak.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Anderis
baseballlover312 wrote:
I also think Nuyens could use a little more mountain. He was the last Garmin guy left in the group besides Martin on the first week Vuelta stages.

I don't think so.
During stage 2, which was probably the hardest before Martin retired, it was Fairly who was second last Garmin rider dropped from the group.
During stage 4, it was Howes who was able to stay with the main group after Mirador de Ezaro, not Nuyens.

baseballlover312 wrote:
10. I don't know about Morton. He was doing every well in the American races, but earlier in the season in Europe he was one of the first ones dropped and always seemed incredibly weak.

He is still very young and I'm pretty sure he doesn't ride all of the races at his 100%.
However, he has proven he can be strong in some races, so you could be able to achieve some good results with him in the game too.
Edited by Anderis on 31-08-2013 22:06

baseballlover312
Anderis wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
I also think Nuyens could use a little more mountain. He was the last Garmin guy left in the group besides Martin on the first week Vuelta stages.

I don't think so.
During stage 2, which was probably the hardest before Martin retired, it was Fairly who was second last Garmin rider dropped from the group.
During stage 4, it was Howes who was able to stay with the main group after Mirador de Ezaro, not Nuyens.

Okay, I made a mistake.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Kalach
1, I would say Ivan Santaromita should have a better MO and HILL stats (74, 75). He proved this season that he is worth of it ( Giro del trentino, Italian champion, Giro d'Italia) and actually in Vuelta he is riding also pretty good.
2, Yannick Eijssen maybe +1 MO and HILL
3, And one more opinion on one of the top riders. Evans deserves MO 79 and he is also pretty good in descent (DH 77/78) Shock Wink I think that he has got lower stats only because of this season (and his age). But in Giro d'Italia was fine even though it had not been his objective, just contingency plan Pfft
Edited by Kalach on 01-09-2013 11:35

Pellizotti2
79 is way too high for Evans. He only managed to podium at the Giro because they cancelled or cut away climbs from all the mountain stages. Yet still he was dropped and lost time to the other contenders.

Scarponi and Betancur would've passed him comfortably if the entire race had been ridden.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Jesleyh
Kalach wrote:
1, I would say Ivan Santaromita should have a better MO and HILL stats (74, 75). He proved this season that he is worth of it ( Giro del trentino, Italian champion, Giro d'Italia) and actually in Vuelta he is riding also pretty good.
2, Yannick Eijssen maybe +1 MO and HILL
3, And one more opinion on one of the top riders. Evans deserves MO 79 and he is also pretty good in descent (DH 77/78) Shock Wink I think that he has got lower stats only because of this season (and his age). But in Giro d'Italia was fine even though it had not been his objective, just contingency plan Pfft

Evans 79MO? That's as ridiculous as when I thought Gesink deserved 79MO Pfft
Nah, 77MO would be best for me, he's definitely declining. TdF was his big goal, right? Well...
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Spilak23
Many seem to only remember Evans from the Tre Cime. He was much much better than Scarponi on Montasio and Jafferau. (1 minute and 40 seconds). Scarponi only 16 secs better than Evans on the Tre Cime.

So 78 MO is right, especially as he will quickly decrease during the season
Edited by Spilak23 on 01-09-2013 11:44

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 20:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Pellizotti2
Spilak23 wrote:
Many seem to only remember Evans from the Tre Cime. He was much much better than Scarponi on Montasio and Jafferau. (1 minute and 40 seconds). Scarponi only 16 secs better than Evans on the Tre Cime

Don't forget the MTT, where Evans lost 1'15 to Scarponi
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

Spilak23
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Spilak23 wrote:
Many seem to only remember Evans from the Tre Cime. He was much much better than Scarponi on Montasio and Jafferau. (1 minute and 40 seconds). Scarponi only 16 secs better than Evans on the Tre Cime

Which was hardly a 'mountain' timetrial

Jesleyh
Spilak23 wrote:
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Spilak23 wrote:

Which was hardly a 'mountain' timetrial

What? Why not?

www.procyclingstats.com/races/profilesmaps/2013-04/Giro-dItalia-Stage-18-ITT-1366543649.jpg

Spilak23
Cause Sanchez and Caruso finished on the podium, Clement finished top 10. Not exactly top climbers..

Another one to defend Evans: https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23996

Kalach
Yeah...Well, as I can see there is not many people who believe in him...But I have to defend him...He has decided to ride Giro in the late March (because of lack of racing lost in the end of season 2012). He had only 6weeks to prepare for the Giro and he still managed a podium. And in the last mountain stage he had a bad luck = technical problem as I remember and thats why Uran overtook him.
Well TDF was his goal, but with Giro in the legs and in that age is impossible to gain a good result. He was fatigued really bad in TDF. I dont want to say that if he had not ridden Giro he would have won TDF, but I think he would have managed better result. Anyway in this upcoming season if he change focus on Giro or Vuelta he can still do it. (Btw look how Horner is riding at the vuelta despite that he is 41 years old) Pfft
Edited by Kalach on 01-09-2013 12:34

The Hobbit
More flat for tony Martin
More hill for Michael Mathhews spr too? ( weak field though)
More sprint for cancellara

Also the first few stages of the vuelta shouldn't count as evidence for mountain boosts, they are hilly at best. The mountains are to come,
I think Nibali has shown his hill is not so good, but this may just be form, we'll see in the next few days

Just a few small ideas.

Jesleyh
Well, I wouldn't put Nibali above Rodriguez and maybe not above Valverde in MO anyway Wink

baseballlover312
Spilak23 wrote:
Cause Sanchez and Caruso finished on the podium, Clement finished top 10. Not exactly top climbers..

Another one to defend Evans: https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23996

Well the prior two are actually climbers.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

The Hobbit
baseballlover312 wrote:
Spilak23 wrote:

Well the prior two are actually climbers.

Maybe he got his Sanchezes mixed up.
Also, does this show anything about Clement, that's very good for someone who isn't a climber at all.

Jesleyh
Well, yes, it does.
But Clement was rated 74MO in the last PCMdaily pack, so that seems fine.

Pellizotti2
Clement has climbed quite well this season, so not that surprising. 11th at the Dauphiné, and finished with Froome and Porte on the stage to Superdevoluy.

The Hobbit
Oops Rolling Eyes
I never knew he was doing so well in the climbs...
Can I add that I think Porte is underrated a bit.
If you think that on Ax 3 he was second I think, even after setting the pace for Froome, I know it's a bit late but this just jogged my memory.
How well is Riblon rated, he was convincing in Poland and from breaks in the tour.
Sorry if I'm hopelessly off again...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Twins (?!)