Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:41
Bot Agent

IP: None  
matt17br
dark_x2012 wrote:
Can't the admins simply ban Arberg Angry I'm sure it isn't only me who is fed up with his idiotism. He's either a troll, which I think is about time to be punished as I think this should be a serious tread. Trolling once is fine, twice-ok, but non-stop is too much. Angry The second option is him being a 50-IQ-idiot who shouldn't be allowed to get on others' nerves.

No, you are not the only one. If we can do something, it has to be simply ignoring him.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
dercu
Stage 19 TdF 2011, fuente de vuelta 2012, tirreno 2014 stage 5. Dauphinee this year stage 4 (5?) (he attacked but got caught before the finish) and the last stage.
If he needs to take risks to ensure a win, Contador will. No matter what.

If he is already first, or with a small gap in the CG, why should he attack from a long range ???
That would be stupid.
When Quintana attacked from far, he was either not already the leader (so everyone let him go) or he was already at 2 min at least from the first in CG.

You blame Contador for following wheels ?
well in 2009 he had almost 0 teammates because all were devoted to Lance -> have fun.
2010 : ultra godlike climber andy schleck, but with bad time trial, so why would contador do other things than stay in the wheel ??
2011 : Contador exhausted by hardest giro in history : tried a lot despite some crash in first week.
2012 : vulta after 1 year without racing, still manage to win while not being the best climber.
2013 : not good legs all the year, still manage to almost win the second TT.
2014 : Beat froome valverde nibali and quintana in every single race, only rodriguez beat him by 5 sec in Catalogne, with low level teamates in a lot of stages.

Contador is by far the 1st fighter among CG Favorites.

Contador : 84
Nibali : 82
Valverde : 80 (maybe he is boring, but when he feel he can do better when taking risk, he tries : vuelta 2014 : in a hilly stage, he attacked 30 km from finish but got caught, in lacamparonna, he attacked at the begening of the hardest part, to try something, who ended up bad for him.
Froome : 79 (so many attacks in this vuelta end !)
Quintana : 79 i yet want to see those long range attack when already at less than 30 sec from leader.

As for Mountain :
Contador 83.5
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 82.5 83 ? (so freaking strong in TDF)
Valverde, Pinot 81
Rodriguez, Uran, Peraud, Aru, 80
Bardet, Rolland, Majka, TVG, etc 79

I have a question btw, what do you think of W. Barguil ?? He seems quite impressive in some stages !

Dancycling
dercu wrote:
Stage 19 TdF 2011, fuente de vuelta 2012, tirreno 2014 stage 5. Dauphinee this year stage 4 (5?) (he attacked but got caught before the finish) and the last stage.
If he needs to take risks to ensure a win, Contador will. No matter what.

If he is already first, or with a small gap in the CG, why should he attack from a long range ???
That would be stupid.
When Quintana attacked from far, he was either not already the leader (so everyone let him go) or he was already at 2 min at least from the first in CG.

You blame Contador for following wheels ?
well in 2009 he had almost 0 teammates because all were devoted to Lance -> have fun.
2010 : ultra godlike climber andy schleck, but with bad time trial, so why would contador do other things than stay in the wheel ??
2011 : Contador exhausted by hardest giro in history : tried a lot despite some crash in first week.
2012 : vulta after 1 year without racing, still manage to win while not being the best climber.
2013 : not good legs all the year, still manage to almost win the second TT.
2014 : Beat froome valverde nibali and quintana in every single race, only rodriguez beat him by 5 sec in Catalogne, with low level teamates in a lot of stages.

Contador is by far the 1st fighter among CG Favorites.

Contador : 84
Nibali : 82
Valverde : 80 (maybe he is boring, but when he feel he can do better when taking risk, he tries : vuelta 2014 : in a hilly stage, he attacked 30 km from finish but got caught, in lacamparonna, he attacked at the begening of the hardest part, to try something, who ended up bad for him.
Froome : 79 (so many attacks in this vuelta end !)
Quintana : 79 i yet want to see those long range attack when already at less than 30 sec from leader.

As for Mountain :
Contador 83.5
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 82.5 83 ? (so freaking strong in TDF)
Valverde, Pinot 81
Rodriguez, Uran, Peraud, Aru, 80
Bardet, Rolland, Majka, TVG, etc 79

I have a question btw, what do you think of W. Barguil ?? He seems quite impressive in some stages !

I agree with you about Contador's fighting stat. However, I don't think he is a better climber than Froome. Froome obviously wasn't in top form in the Vuelta whilst Contador looked to be in better shape. When both riders have been in similar form this year, without injuries, they couldn't really be separated. Quintana and Nibali both 82, Nibali doesn't deserve 83, if anyone is better out of those two it is Quintana. Rodriguez should be higher than Valverde and Pinot seeing he has trained for Ardennes, Giro, Tour and Vuelta, so his Vuelta performance doesnt really show much.

Froome: 83
Contador: 83
Quintana: 82
Nibali: 82
Rodriguez: 81
Aru: 80
Valverde: 80
Pinot: 80
Peraud: 80

From what it sounds like this is what PCM.daily will have in their next DB so kudos to them, I completely agree.

matt17br
dercu wrote:

We already updated his mountain stats and his fighter stat Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Gabriele93
when will be released the new database?

matt17br
Gabriele93 wrote:
when will be released the new database?

Post this kind of questions on the Questions/Support thread. We are working hard to release as soon as possible, but a lot of the members are busy with school/work. We haven't got a release date, we can only say that it will be released asap.

Gabriele93
sorry for posting this question in the wrong thread and I hope it is as soon as possible Wink I can not wait :lol:

Gabriele93
and in any case you do a great job! congratulations!

dercu
Hmm yes this is really tricky to choose a side. Yes i think i'll agree with you with Froome same Mo as Contador Smile

As for Nibali and quintana, we need to see them vs Contador and Froome in good shape Pfft.
Giro 2015 ? Smile

Croatia14
I donĀ“t see why Quintana should be lower rated than Froome or Contador in MO...at TDF 2013 he was on Froomes level since he could ride for himself (started the Tour riding for Valverde, f.e. Ax-3-Domaines attack), this year he was always on top in the mountain stages, beaten by Contador tactically in Tirreno and in the punchy finals at Catalunya by ten seconds. He won all other mountain races or am I wrong?

AiZaK
Contador 84
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 81/82
Valverde 80
Purito 80
Aru 79/80
Edited by AiZaK on 20-09-2014 15:18

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:
Contador 84
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 81
Valverde 80
Purito 80
Aru 79/80

No way Contador can be on 84 or Nibali on only 81.
For Aru, he should stay anyway on 79.

Forever the Best
Contador attacked 92 kms to go in TDF 2011 Stage 19.
Also in Vuelta he attacked with 60-70 kms to go on Fuente De stage.
I never saw Froome going long range attack.
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

dark_x2012
matt17br wrote:
AiZaK wrote:
Contador 84
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 81
Valverde 80
Purito 80
Aru 79/80

No way Contador can be on 84 or Nibali on only 81.
For Aru, he should stay anyway on 79.

Actually Contador is about 83.25 and Nibali for me is 81.5(I really think the riders from this year's Tour were massively overrated). I'm fine with Nibali 82 mountains as long as he's weaker than Conta, Froome and Quintana in secondary atributes. Also I think Peraud and Pinot shouldn't be stronger than Majka and Aru. Wink
If it were up to me
Contador 83
Froome 83
Quintana 82 with better support stats than the two mentioned above
Nibali 82 with worse supp stats than the trio above
Valverde 80 and only worse rec(76-ish) cuz he always has an off day
Purito 80
Pinot, Peraud, Majka, Aru and Uran 79
Note: This is very subjective and may not refer to reality. Fans of the riders mentioned above, please don't get offended. Pfft

bob7
@dark_x2012 you are completely right! Finally, someone noticed that riders from this year's Tour were overrated. Italian rider didn't have strong rivals at the Tour. Contador, Quintana and Froome are better climbers than Nibali.
Contador 83
Quintana 82
Froome 82
Nibali 81
Rodriguez 80
Valverde 80

AiZaK
bob7 wrote:
@dark_x2012 you are completely right! Finally, someone noticed that riders from this year's Tour were overrated. Italian rider didn't have strong rivals at the Tour. Contador, Quintana and Froome are better climbers than Nibali.
Contador 83
Quintana 82
Froome 82
Nibali 81
Rodriguez 80
Valverde 80

I agree with you

dark_x2012
bob7 wrote:
Contador 83
Quintana 82
Froome 82
Nibali 81
Rodriguez 80
Valverde 80

I said exactly the same some time ago and didn't have much success Wink
Found it Pfft
dark_x2012 wrote:
I know it's the Tour but still that doesn't mean we should give +1 stats on the riders at le Tour. I'd say
83:Froome and Contador
82:Quintana
81:Nibali
80:Purito, Valverde(I know he sucked at le Tour but he never does well there and then strikes at the Vuelta)
79:Pinot, Aru, Uran, Majka, Peraud
The rest are fine for me.

Edited by dark_x2012 on 20-09-2014 17:32

matt17br
bob7 wrote:
Contador 83
Quintana 82
Froome 82
Nibali 81
Rodriguez 80
Valverde 80

Well, did Nibali only win the Tour? How can you rate a rider that won Giro, Tour and Vuelta only 81 on a scale of 85?
The same goes for Quintana. Why rate him 82? Because he won Giro amazingly and was on the same level of Froome. Can you rate Nibali 81 only because he never won against Froome or Contador? NO! Then, the same goes for Quintana. Did he ever win a GT with Froome/Contador? NO!
So the stats are good as they are.

bob7
matt17br wrote:
Well, did Nibali only win the Tour? How can you rate a rider that won Giro, Tour and Vuelta only 81 on a scale of 85?
The same goes for Quintana. Why rate him 82? Because he won Giro amazingly and was on the same level of Froome. Can you rate Nibali 81 only because he never won against Froome or Contador? NO! Then, the same goes for Quintana. Did he ever win a GT with Froome/Contador? NO!

We are in 2014. Don't look at the past.
Edited by bob7 on 20-09-2014 19:02

matt17br
bob7 wrote:
matt17br wrote:

We are in 2014. Don't look at the past.

Ok then, we are in 2014, the year when Nibali won the TDF.
Edited by matt17br on 20-09-2014 19:06

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Slow Kittel