· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Arberg27
Cobbles:
83: Cancellara, Vanmarcke (Cancellara better FL,HIL,STA, RES and sprinter, he is actually very fast maybe 73-75)
81: Terpstra, Sagan (Very strong last year, this year he was unlucky, Bjarne Riis makes him to awesome, activate beast mode)
80: Boonen, Avermaet, Vandenbergh, Stybar
Edited by Arberg27 on 19-09-2014 09:54

Dancycling
Arberg27 wrote:
Cobbles:
83: Cancellara, Vanmarcke (Cancellara better FL,HIL,STA, RES and sprinter, he is actually very fast maybe 73-75)
81: Terpstra, Sagan (Very strong last year, this year he was unlucky, Bjarne Riis makes him to awesome, activate beast mode)
80: Boonen, Avermaet

No!

Arberg27
He was the strongest after Cancellara last year and this year he was unlucky.

Ollfardh
No Arberg, you don't seem to realise the difference between results in cobbled races and cobble skills. Vanmarcke is indeed as good as Cancellara on the cobbles in my opinion, Cancellara just have way better back up stats, giving him better results.

Sagan is exactly the opposite, he has lower cobble skills, but gets good results because of his very strong backup stats. Flat, stamina, acc, res, hill, spr, he has it all, but he's not a cobbler.

The same can be said about Terpstra, he wins Paris-Roubaix off the cobbles. On the cobbles he had to let go, but great flat and endurance made him come back. After which team work won him the race.

Cancellara 75 sprint is hugely overrated, again it's his backup stats. Best flat of the peloton, endurance 2-3 points above the rest (he's godlike in a 250+ km race). A decent acc, res and a 71 sprint should do it for him.

If I need to rate cobbles:
Cancellara/Vanmarcke 83
Boonen 82
Terpstra/Van Avermaet 81
Stybar 80
Vandenbergh/Sagan/Thomas/Degenkolb/... 78-79
Edited by Ollfardh on 19-09-2014 10:09
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Arberg27
1 cobble state does almost nothing in PCM.
Boonen will win Paris Roubaix every time, with your state.

Ollfardh
Arberg27 wrote:
1 cobble state does almost nothing in PCM.
Boonen will win Paris Roubaix every time, with your state.

Not in my game. Again, you fail to realise the importance of backup stats. You cannot make assumptions on who will win without knowing what back up stats I give to my riders.

Besides, Boonen is 4 times winner and shared record holder, give him a little credit?

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:25
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Arberg27
Now are we back at Andy Schleck 83 mountain..

Ollfardh
Right, time to ignore the troll I guess

Arberg27
Boonen has been very bad the last couple of years, like Andy Schleck.
You say Boonen must have 82, because he was once very good, well then Andy Schleck too.
Edited by Arberg27 on 19-09-2014 12:07

TheManxMissile
I'd hardly call: 7th E3, 1st KBK, 5th GW, 7th RVV and 10th PR nothing (as well as a selection of good results in smaller cobbled and classics style races). In fact it's more than 90% of other Classics riders

EDIT: It's not too dissimilar from Geraint Thomas who get's 79, especially considering Age and injury differences
Edited by TheManxMissile on 19-09-2014 12:11
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Arberg27
Why have Contador so good fighter State?

He tried just to sit on the wheel and win at his time trial. He did however an error, on a few stages by taking Valverde's wheel.
Last year he tried also just to sit on wheels, but there was Froome in better shape.
He also just sit on Andy Schleck's wheels, that they were rivals.
Edited by Arberg27 on 19-09-2014 12:12

matt17br
Arberg27 wrote:
Why have Contador so good fighter State?

He tried just to sit on the wheel and and win at his time trial. He did however an error, of a few stages by taking Valverde's wheel.
Last year he tried also just to sit on wheels, but there was Froome in better shape.
He also just sit on Andy Schleck's wheels, that they were rivals.

Is this the first year that you follow cycling? Contador is one of the most spectacular climbers to watch, mainly because of his constant attacks.

@Again Arberg, Boonen wasn't ONCE very good. What did he do in 2012? And then in 2013 and 2014 anyway finished in top-10 in at least a classic.
Schleck after the 2010/2011 really did nothing. But not nothing like Boonen. The real meaning of NOTHING.

@Ollfardh, you seem to get the point, man.
Edited by matt17br on 19-09-2014 12:40
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Arberg27
Not after his doping suspension.

2014: Froome's Wheels
2013: Froome's Wheels
2012: Rodriguez`s Wheels

Quintana`s fighter State must be very high, as he is not afraid to attack from long range, where such Froome and Contador wait until the last mountain.
Edited by Arberg27 on 19-09-2014 12:33

bob7
@Arberg27 you serious ? Or you just hate Contador ? Contador is most attacking cyclist in entire GT cyclists

matt17br
Arberg27 wrote:
Not after his doping suspension.

2014: Froome's Wheels
2013: Froome's Wheels
2012: Rodriguez`s Wheels

Did you watch the Vuelta 2012 completely? Do you think that another cyclist could have done that attack at Fuente dè?
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

Naskela
bob7 wrote:
@Arberg27 you serious ? Or you just hate Contador ? Contador is most attacking cyclist in entire GT cyclists

that's true, Conta is definitely an attacking rider of course he didn't attack as much as when he was leading the GC in Vuelta. Maybe only Quintana who is more offensive in my opinion alongside Nibali who was riding like a crazy person because he didn't have much competition in the tour this year.
Edited by Naskela on 19-09-2014 12:47
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Arberg27
Andy Schleck - Serre-Chevalier
Quintana - Val Martello

Contador wait until the last mountain, except once in his entire career.
Froome also wait until the last mountain, where he attacks more than any other.
Quintana always attacking from long range.
Edited by Arberg27 on 19-09-2014 12:52

Ollfardh
Is the Fighter stat actually working this year?

Arberg27
Ollfardh wrote:

Yes it should be Smile

matt17br
Ollfardh wrote:

Yeah, but I think it worked every year.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
XBOX cover in 3D