Booker

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de Romandie - Discussion
kandesbunzler26
Congrats to Eden once again. The MTT should be quite exciting.

Good to see Vauquelin in the break again, though it's a pity he couldn't score some more points. But we got our picture of him in the jersey, so thanks sean Wink
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

cio93
I enjoy seeing former Puma rider Doubey in the KoM jersey!

Bjartne
Incredibly disappointed by Garby and the rest of my climbers. Shouldn't be possible to lose 12 minutes to some of those riders.

Well, well.

Congrats Eden and thanks for the great report Smile

Fabianski
Hum... Mixed feelings once again. I supposed Stüssi to be around 6th-7th in the climbers' pecking order, which is exactly where he finished. Still, he was looking strong, but maybe just did too much work instead of letting the better climbers do their job.
If stage 5 was a flat ITT, we'd be in a fantastic position now. But it's all uphill - and this is the stage where he threw away a Top 5 last year from an even better position. I'm hoping the TT results will be as consistent as they mostly are this year, and he won't lose any spots tomorrow. If the TT stat has some kind of impact, he should do well - if it's all about climbing, it'll be a tough job.
Good to see Darbellay inside the Top 20 now - it'd be a nice sign of life Smile

Congrats to Indosat again, looks like you'll end up with a really nice points haul despite the TTT failure.

Thanks for the report!

cunego59
Oof, that was a real disappointment. Meintjes wasn't great tactically, spending too much energy early, I think, but he also didn't seem to be very strong in general. He didn't lose too much time, but given I had hopes for the GC win, to now having to worry about not falling out of the Top 5 is rough. I assume Stüssi will overtake Meintjes, and depending on how heavy the impact of TT is, Ranaweera and Powless could become dangerous, too. Meanwhile, Meintjes would need a tremendous day to maybe attack Penasa ahead of him. Doesn't seem very likely. If we keep the Top 5, it's still a reasonable performance, it is a strong startlist here after all.

Thanks for the nice report, as always Smile

AbhishekLFC
Choi did very well on Stage 3 to get the podium and the bonus seconds. Set him up perfectly for Stage 4, where he was once again solid as always. Shame to have missed out on the podium on the stage, and being a second down in the GC, but I can live with that. Not leading into the MTT probably will favour Oomen with the AI but let's see if the +1 TT can make up the 1 second deficit. Either way, I'll be happy.

Congrats to jandal and Eden for the last two stages, and thanks for the reports Smile

Ollfardh
Yeah, I was afraid this would happen. I can't blame Oomen though, if anything it was the TTT that cost us the race. Congrats Abhi!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

ivaneurope
Sad face Sad
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

cunego59
That was very good damage control. Tied for time with Penasa opens the door that we could fall behind him on the final stage, but even then, I'm okay with 5th even if more would have been possible. The 35 seconds that Meintjes is behind first place are the exact 35 seconds that he lost on the previous stage. But the game has been very good to us so far, and again, it's no shame coming in behind Choi, Oomen and Stüssi, so I'll take it.

Really close battle for the win. I feel a bit sorry for Ollfardh, losing by a single second is always tough. But congrats to Abhi! Now let's hope for a fun final stage.

Fabianski
Oh, wow... Honestly, I didn't see that coming at all! In my experience, the TT stat never had any kind of impact in MTTs - just look at last year's result on the same stage, where Stüssi finished 22nd behind lots of worse climbers/TTers or, more recently and with the same game version, the Giro MTT. So rather than looking ahead, I was hoping that no-one would overtake him, making him drop out of the Top 5... Instead, he now finds himself on a podium spot, which is huge. But the race ain't over yet...
Looking at the whole team, it obviously was a huge day for us, with 4 in the Top 14. Although I'll admit that I'm extremely surprised that even Küng and Bissegger are able to make the Top 15 on a mountain stage, looks like the mountain stat really didn't matter too much...

So I'm hoping we'll help controlling the race tomorrow, to get Bol another sprint opportunity - and by the way placing everyone in the first third of the pack. Holding onto Stüssi's 3rd place - and Darbellay's 15th place, which would be awesome as well - is the most important job now!

Big congrats to Zwift on the stage win, Powless clearly showing he's ready for some of the upcoming races. And congrats obviously to Sony and Choi, who's set to bring home an importan win for his team. The fight against Oomen was great - although it's obviously never fun to miss out on the (likely) GC win by a second...

Thanks to sean for another great report!

Bjartne
Kaislavuo manages to salvage at least some points here, so happy with that last stage.

Great win by our former talent Choi from the Compal-Merida era, nice to see him win!

Thank you sean for the great reports in a steady flow Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ollfardh
Losing the race by a second happens and it doesn't bother me that much, what Oomen did in Ukraine is what is keeping me in therapy. Big thanks to Sean for the reports!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

cunego59
On principle, I like that the breakaway won. I feel like we don't get to see that very often in these shorter stage races, and Seibeb is a cool winner. In practice, I would've really liked to take that second place for Silvestre from the peloton Pfft Glad that Meintjes secured 4th place, I can certainly live with that. Congrats to Abhi again and as the others have said, thanks for the great reports sean!

kandesbunzler26
Thanks to sean for the nice reports and congrats to lief for the stage win as well as Abhi for the GC win.

cunego59 wrote:

In practice, I would've really liked to take that second place for Silvestre from the peloton Pfft

I can only second this as it would have been a win for Russo ... 7th place for him is indeed the range where he should have landed in a sprint anyway, but this way it's just a lot more frustrating. And I could enjoy the break winning more if some of our riders would have been there too (preferably Vauquelin fighting for some KoM points). But so it's about 7 points for us from this race which seems way less than possible.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

quadsas
An usual boring, uneventful stage race for us. Still, two in top 15 and two more in top 30 is a fine result. Lašinis continues to prove that he deserves training next year, what a nice year he is having
deez

AbhishekLFC
Did not expect that to happen on Stage 5! We are usually on the receiving end of these kind of things Pfft

I guess the perfect race from Choi and the team. Did just enough on every stage (literally) to get us the win. Coincidentally, this is our first ever Stage Race GC win as a PCT team in our 5th year combined in the division, so this is historic! Very poetic that an Asian rider gets it after our transition to a Japanese sponsor.

Very bad luck to Lierse. Also great to see Penasa doing well for his team. He's as consistent as always.

Thanks for all the congrats Smile And thanks for the reports Sean!

jandal7
disgusting couple of stages. we are in deep trouble.
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Bushwackers
Congrats Abhi on the win!

I would have liked to see Schelling finish a bit higher, but this is in line with our season so far. Thanks Sean, it was a fun race to follow.

DaveTwoBob
Ranaweera benefitted from his TT training and made up for the time loss from the TTT to finish joint 5th in GC and 3rd in Points.

Bit frustrating with not enough firepower to chase down the break to give Haller a chance for another podium finish.

Overall not a bad race for Kraftwerk.

Thanks for the reports sean & congrats to Abhi.
Manager of Renault Classic [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

Imladrik
Very happy with this race!
First Le Berre getting what I think are his first pro points, taking up the KoM jersey early, and then finishing on a nice 6th in the last stage.
And then the team being smart with sending a strong Doubey in the hardest stages to keep it.
Not that many points, in the end, and I would have love to see us more agressive, but happy with the outcome. Nice to see Russo doing well too, and France future star Vauquelin Smile

Thanks Sean for the reports!

“...the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably."
A. Roy

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Europcar in yellow