· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tirreno - Adriatico Discussion
redordead
I'm not really sure what to say. It feels like sprint trains are at an all time bad right now. Did we know this about PCM22? In any case commiserations to ELCO and Rabobank.

For us we've almost reached the minimum points I expected from this race after 3 stages, so I guess all there is left to see is how far can Pogacar take this. I doubt Enger will keep the points jersey till the end, but he's done everything he could.

It might be a stretch to say we didn't deserve this victory as Enger is pretty much on the level of all the other sprinters here and for today the team seemed to do most of the work in the peloton. But it still feels a bit off after what also happened in Paris-Nice.

For now I take the points thinking that the 'luck' will even out for everyone during the course of the season.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Marcovdw
That's more like it. We'll get that win eventually
Manager of Minions

Croatia14
Enger ahead of Kalaba, it's a dream finish!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

ember
Great sprint from Prasad. I'm happy to take third, before we hopefully switch focus to Amezawa and breakaway aggression!

cio93
Hi SotD!

Luis Leon Sanchez
Not the best stage from us but no lost time so no real complaints :lol:

Fabianski
redordead wrote:
I'm not really sure what to say. It feels like sprint trains are at an all time bad right now.

It looked pretty good in some cases in the first races of the year, but I agree, sprint trains have become a guarantee for miserable results by now. A shame.
And sprints overall feel very random, with even a difference of 5 stat points or so not making a difference on the road. Will be interesting to see in the final rankings whether that's just a feeling and the better sprinters actually come out on top, or not.

redordead wrote:
It might be a stretch to say we didn't deserve this victory

I agree, I think it's fair to say that Enger is a worthy sprint winner. Back-to-back wins are exceptional, but it clearly doesn't feel wrong given the startlist. Congrats, you're really on a great roll!

Luis Leon Sanchez
Kudus too strong may be the way for the remaining 3 stages of this race too Pfft

Mas, Wellens and Rodriguez all in the Top 20 bodes well for a good result given the stage didn't suit Wellens. Hopefully he conserved energy because it's 3 days of maximum effort and focus from here!

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:18
Bot Agent

IP: None  
SotD
Can't blame the team for thinking Farantakis is the best GC option for the race, letting our climbers drop back...

The AI is flawless.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

redordead
Seems like we did a fair bit of pacemaking in the peloton. I was a bit scared that we were prioritising Enger's GC lead over Pogacar, but looks like we were correctly working for Pogacar, which is a bit surprising tbh. He has decent punch, but there are quite a few better riders here for a stage like today.

In the end things worked out quite well. 8th on the stage is a solid result for Pogi and with Almeida losing time that hopefully puts him in a better position to win the U25. And with Enger, who I'm guessing had to have had some jersey bonus, staying in the race lead, that scores us more points on the stage than I anticipated.

I thought I could root for Beltran on this stage, but he was fairly working for Padun. Looking forward to hitting the mountains for the first time this season Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

knockout
Eenkhoorn dropping is really bad for us.
Gavars in the break was nice to see but he could not get anything out of that.

I'm curious to see whether the break participants will continue to lose that much time after getting caught when it's the top 20 guys attacking in a GT. Could lead to a lot of upsets if that were the case.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Marcovdw
Cattaneo survives this stage. The high mountains should suit him better.
Manager of Minions

alexkr00
Formolo should have done better than that.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

jaxika
Phew....what a ... How is Almeida (and the team) failed so much in a stage like this..

ember
Good to have Amezawa comfortably in the first group. Slightly surprised to see Van Poucke do a 7th place in the sprint, but we'll take it. Now I'm really hopeful for what Amezawa can show on a proper mountain stage!

Eden95
Are the sprinters going to magically hang on tomorrow as well?
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

baseballlover312
Galta acting like a puncheur early in the year. I'm surprised, obviously, but definitely not disappointed. He's not alone either. A great stage placing here, plus a small time bonsu which nows puts him second among the contenders. Obviously there's a ton of racing left, but that's good. I'ts also good that Quintana was being attentive for himself too. Hopefully this is a sign that the game is understanding the leadership dynamics here, with Galta having supremacy, but Quintana not losing the group for no reason.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Luis Leon Sanchez
Kudus and Morton simply a class above with Dombrowski struggling a bit. An action packed stage and certainly funny to see the sprints attacking near the end :lol:

Wellens 6th in that group with Galta is where he should be really so no complaints from me. Mas 12th is a pleasant surprise. Thought he'd drop down a bit.

Going to be a tough final 2 stages but hoping Wellens can push for a Top 5 while Mas can keep inside the Top 15! Thanks for the reports so far Imladrik Smile

cio93
I'm yet again baffled that we have ZERO breakaway appearances so far this year, no matter how mediocre our lineups are.
It's not like there is much to gain from them, but it's still very weird.

On the positive side, Johannessen made up some of the time lost yesterday up in the U25 classification, which sees him still within a shot for second place there, even though the game apparently considers Zwiehoff our leader here.

ember
Thank you for the report, Imladrik.

No breakaway appearance was hopefully unlucky Sad

But then there was this, going all in for Prasad as our GC guy :lol: :lol:

120Takeaki AmezawaAker - MOT+ 10'21
121Aaron Van PouckeAker - MOTs.t.
122Anders Halland JohannessenAker - MOTs.t.
123Darshana PrasadAker - MOTs.t.
124Fredrik DversnesAker - MOTs.t.
125Tim AriesenAker - MOT+ 11'30
126Aleksa CrncevicCedevitas.t.
127Soren Kragh AndersenAker - MOTs.t.

I'm struggling with that one, as ELCO and Cedevita (and the others) who had a sprinter attacking, clearly managed to let him go later, but out of nowhere we decide to tow him to the line with our full team? Grin Pfft Too much weirdness for my liking on that stage.

Baffled, and also frustrated Sad

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Another sprint