seancoll

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT] Zwift Pro Cycling {2023}
TheManxMissile
You'll be back soon enough! Sometimes having a specific and dedicated project means down periods and back-to-back relegations. But the reward will be so much sweeter! Spoken from experience.

media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/HsS59TIH5_RTxt6dGGdTlru8HEU=/fit-in/500x281/top/filters:format_auto():upscale()/2015/01/13/844/n/1922398/c2a5479c347699ee_cLspJvJ.gif
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

kandesbunzler26
It's a shame you're relegating with such a talented squad. A couple of points more and you would have had a solid PCT team together next season (and clearly a more than solid one in the years to come). Now you'll have a really busy off-season with many hard choices and probably many, many inquiries in transfers. But you should come out of there with some possibly CT-dominating leaders anyway. Best of luck there!
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

ivaneurope
Mresuperstar wrote:

i.imgur.com/Ee6m81e.jpg

Zwift Reevaluates Support After Back-To-Back Relegations

Zwift, a prominent global online fitness platform, has announced a comprehensive review of its support for the Zwift Pro Cycling Team following recent developments. With the team's relegation to the Continental (CT) division, Zwift has initiated a strategic reassessment of its sponsorship and financial commitments.

Zwift's core mission revolves around fostering inclusivity and accessibility within the cycling community. The sponsorship of the Zwift Pro Cycling Team has historically been a cornerstone of this mission. However, in light of the team's recent performance challenges, Zwift deems it necessary to reevaluate its strategy and allocation of resources.

The company extends its gratitude to the cyclists and staff of the Zwift Pro Cycling for their unwavering dedication. Their passion for the sport has been evident and appreciated throughout the partnership.

While the extent of direct support for the Zwift Pro Cycling may undergo changes, Zwift remains steadfast in its commitment to promoting cycling and supporting athletes globally. It will continue exploring avenues to utilize its platform and resources to advance the sport.

Understanding that the cycling community may seek further clarification on this decision, Zwift is committed to providing more information as it becomes available.

Regroup in 2024 for a promotion assault
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

whitejersey
There are no doubts that this relegation is going to take a huge toll on the team, but regardless of who you end up keeping you will bounce back without any issues in CT next year. It's a massive puzzle for you to work out, akin to the one that lls had to sort a few years ago that led to b2b promotions and I am sure that you can do it!

Ulrich Ulriksen
Echo the commiserations of others. Got to be frustrating to just miss pulling it off, because the team would have been in great shape going into '24 in the PCT. As others have said you have some CT beast in Powless and Jorgenson, not to mention Burke.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

redordead
KaiserAdler wrote:

redordead wrote:

Mresuperstar wrote:
In Zwift's two-year existence, the team has yet to complete a season goal (0/10).

I don't want to be too negative, but I think extending that to 0/15 is a real possibility Frown

Red proving once again he had a crystal ball, how sad the reality may be. Good luck in the off season mate, see you in the upper ranks soon.

I always felt you would have a hard season and I had my concerns that you would be relegating again. You made a really good fist of it so it must feel bad getting so close to staying up. You have lots of talent and some sacrifices will need to be made, but surely you're in position to bounce back and maybe in a few years you'll be stronger than ever before Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Ezeefreak
Thats tough to go trough this. BUT if I look at your team I am sure you can now build a really solid core for your next push towards the top. Even if you need to cut down again there is so much talent gathered there that it should go into the right direction the next season(s). Best Luck for this and leave some points to our team next year too Grin
i.imgur.com/wu8Njxa.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/jerseydesigner-ezee.png

liefwarrior
Relegation at the crucial moment, especially when you have assembled a squad with such a bright future ahead of it, is truly heartbreaking. I don't doubt this coming off-season is undoubtedly going to be a very difficult one for you. I'm very interested to see what route you go. I think holding on to Girmay is an option: even unmaxed he would dominate the Continental Tour cobbles. However, keeping the American duo of Powless and Jorgenson must also be tempting. The least likely, but simultaneously most interesting, route would be to sell all three of them and use the funds to train any of your many B-Tier riders into absolute monsters. No matter which direction you go, I don't doubt that we'll see you (and hopefully Zwift, they've provided for some great maillots) back in the PCT almost immediately.

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:30
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Laurens147
What a bummer Sad Echoing the others, I'm curious what the offseason will bring for you.

All the best in the offseason!
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

Mresuperstar
@All: Thanks everyone for the kind words. Obviously this wasn't the plan but I like a challenge. I started crunching the numbers a few weeks ago when it really started to hit me that this was an actual possibility. All I'm going to say is that it's been a mathematical nightmare trying to decide who to keep, who to sell, and who to release. I have gone through so many scenarios and spreadsheets that I'm kind of relieved in a sense that my pre-planning for this wasn't a waste of time (as weird as that sounds). And yet, it could all go up in flames once renewals start.

Things are about to get really interesting, let's start with this...

i.imgur.com/MROdsa0.jpg
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/0XELE5w.jpg
i.imgur.com/cDJTKrt.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
Mresuperstar
i.imgur.com/2pVxmd8.png

Newton Foundation Returns as Main Sponsor for 2024 Season

Spoiler
i.imgur.com/H1j21Rt.png

In a heartwarming reunion, the Newton Foundation steps back into the limelight as a primary sponsor for the upcoming 2024 cycling season, marking a poignant moment in manager Mresuperstar's 13th season as a Man-Game manager. Renamed as Newton Foundation p/b Zwift, the team is set to embrace a new challenge, with a steadfast commitment to effecting positive change.

For Mre, the reunion with the Newton Foundation signifies a homecoming of sorts. Back in the 2017, Mre teamed up with the Newton Foundation for the first time and guiding the PCT team to a remarkable promotion to the Pro Tour. Newton Foundation didn't have the funds to prop up a top-level cycling team at the time but did sign secondary sponsorship deals with Mre in subsequent years — 2019 and 2020 with Desigual, followed by 2021 and 2022 with Zwift.

As they transition back to Newton Foundation being the primary sponsor, Mre reflected on the enduring partnership forged with the Foundation and the profound impact it has had on the team's journey.

"The bond we share with Newton Foundation runs deep," he said. "It's more than just a sponsorship — it's a shared vision, a shared commitment to making a meaningful difference in the world."

Looking back on their shared history, Mre reminisced about the legacy of Taylor Newton, a former cyclist under his mentorship for six seasons from 2014 to 2019. Taylor's resilience on the road served as an enduring inspiration for the team, driving them to push beyond their limits and strive for excellence.

While Taylor has moved on from professional cycling, his presence still looms large, a testament to the enduring bonds forged within the sport. During his cycling career, Newton racked up the fifth-most race days ridden (383) under Mre's management despite never winning a single race or stage.

The Newton Foundation's mission, born from personal tragedy, resonates deeply with the team. Founded in the wake of Taylor's father having a stroke and subsequent passing, the Foundation is dedicated to providing support, resources, and hope to stroke victims and survivors.

Now, as the team proudly bears the Foundation's name again, they renew their commitment to championing the cause of stroke awareness and rehabilitation.
i.imgur.com/MROdsa0.jpg
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/0XELE5w.jpg
i.imgur.com/cDJTKrt.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
TheManxMissile
i.gifer.com/3rA5.gif
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
TDF13: Another downhill
TDF13: Another downhill