· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,035
· Newest Member: tomhardyy
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Dekker leaves Rabobank
Aquarius
Let's say I'm a pro cyclist, I receive a letter by WADA/UCI/my national federation about my blood values going up and down.
I know this can be caused by two things : illness or doping.
Unless I'm an utter fool, I'll claim I got an illness, no matter if it's true or not.

To Addy : it's not necessarily about being pessimistic, it's more about being realistic. There are very little riders that you may get water-tight evidences for. There are much more of them using dope, not all of them, of course.
Until something else gets proven, Cavendish has had a normal progression, has never worked with "dope famous trainers or doctors" (Ferrari, Cecchini, Mabuse, Fuentes, etc.), neither has he been targeted as a suspicious rider by AFLD. As he is a sprinter he's not producing super-human wattages (there's no limit to explosive power).
To sum it up, as of today, there's nothing against Cavendish.

On the other hand, there may not be enough to claim it's water-tight evidence against Thomas Dekker, but there's still more than what there is against Cavendish.

Addy291
Just for the record, I wasn't saying that I think Cav looks suspicious, I would never believe he would dope. I just used him as an example as it seems that some people, whenever someone performs well and above expectations, accuse them of doping (like the guy who started saying stuff about Kohl...) and again with no evidence...

again though, I won't talk any more of it, I guess some people are pessimistic, some realistic and some blindly optimistic (I like to think I'm a mix of realistic and blindly optimisticPfft because I know there are dopers out there, but I don't accuse anyone or believe anyone has doped until it is provenWink)
Edited by Addy291 on 28-07-2008 15:41
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

ruben
yr not realistic aqua, you are paranoia

mb2612
well after the giro i don't think there was anyone in the forum not looking at sella suspiciously. And if someone goes from average to very good (eg. flo-jo) then I reckon people should be suspicious.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Please assume I am joking unless otherwise stated

ruben
https://www.tdmaga...oduct_id=7

Dekker says he hasn't broken with Rabobank yet. And there was nothing wrong with his blood values. He has searched contact with the UCI today, and they sent him a letter saying there is nothing wrong with his blood values, and he is free to race wherever he wants.

So, basically, the Volkskrant fucked up, and sent a rumor into the world which wasn't true at all. Great.
Edited by ruben on 28-07-2008 16:35

Deadpool
Everyone, applaud Ruben for jumping the gun *applaud, applaud*

Rinhoth
hehe..
but seriously, this is good news, as Dekker is one of the young riders coming up, and I'd find it more worrying if a young rider doped than an older rider.
If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
-Lance Armstrong
www.player-art.com/gallery/content/Signatures/Soccer/cesc_by_sg-style.JPG

ruben
Applaud for Volkskrant you mean. Wink I just translated their piece of junk they call an article

Setzel
Dekker doped doped Banana Banana hehehe
Eating my daily Breakfast at 9 pm

i56.tinypic.com/2zoxd05.jpg

Dan_Grr
I picture in my mind that Dutch cyclists have more credibility in this matter, so I like to be believe he's innocent. Keep me posted on this.

How old is Dekker now?

Xavier
so why no olympic games then? (if there is nothing going on)
i understand he wasnt in good form for the tour, but he should have had time enough to recover from his illness, rest, and gain some match rhytmn here and there

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 17:55
Bot Agent

IP: None  
ruben
He called of the olympics because he wasn't feeling good enough to score a medal there. And that's really the only reason you would want to ride the olympics.

He doesn't need to ride it for experience, because he rode it in 2004, he will only ride for the win

chuckie
Rinhoth wrote:
hehe..
but seriously, this is good news, as Dekker is one of the young riders coming up, and I'd find it more worrying if a young rider doped than an older rider.

Dekker's a lot of hot air if you ask me..
www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races09/tdf09/tdf09st08gc-wegmann.jpg

Smoothie
careful chuckie you may enrage the mighty Ruben! Shame that he wont be at the Olympics, life's not too good for him it seems. Where is his next big race ruben?

Hasselinhoo
Smoothie dekker isn't riding in the olympics because of his bad shape that's why he wasn't in the tdf team too...

Jaap90
I hope that Dekker will join the team of Bouygues next year. A great team for the Tour with Levefre, Voeckler, Fedrigo, Clerc and Dekker Banana

Hasselinhoo
Jaap90 wrote:
I hope that Dekker will join the team of Bouygues next year. A great team for the Tour with Levefre, Voeckler, Fedrigo, Clerc and Dekker Banana
lol? Voeckler,Fedrigo and Dekker are far far far away from Kloden,Leipheimer and Contador..

ABridgeTooFar
Ruben wrote:

Dekker says he hasn't broken with Rabobank yet. And there was nothing wrong with his blood values. He has searched contact with the UCI today, and they sent him a letter saying there is nothing wrong with his blood values, and he is free to race wherever he wants.

So, basically, the Volkskrant fucked up, and sent a rumor into the world which wasn't true at all. Great.

If his name ended in Armstrong then people would be calling the rumors "facts"

alex153
ABridgeTooFar wrote:
Ruben wrote:

Last time I looked he wasn't called that though.

Deadpool
alex153 wrote:
ABridgeTooFar wrote:
Ruben wrote:

Last time I looked he wasn't called that though.

How do know that alex, odds are that your blood-alcohol level is above .10

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
River Side