Booker

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
Lachi
It is of no use to update the RAM of a notebook if the game does not run.
Most probably the GPU (graphic) is the weak part in a notebook it cannot be replaced.

Avin Wargunnson
Lachi wrote:
It is of no use to update the RAM of a notebook if the game does not run.
Most probably the GPU (graphic) is the weak part in a notebook it cannot be replaced.

That is what i woudl not buy a gaming laptop, no proper upgrage chance Wink

Btw. I received the game yesterday and was playing it a bit for two hours. I was playing a single stage and gameplay was a bit strange, bu that is probably still that stage race bug, so i will jump into the career now, the season planner looks good.

But my biggest problem is clear, i cant see shit at the new interface. I am playing at 30" television at 1680x1050 and i would need to sit a centimetres in front of it to see the actual messages or even the rider stats (which are stupidly badly visible with colour almost the same as background).

This really annoys me and i dont know what to do, probably i will have to return to my old 18" display just for PCM, where the actual riding does not look so epic Sad
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 03-07-2012 06:26
I'll be back

duckman
I must be 1 of the silent majority few that for the most part is enjoying the game!

Not much of a multi player so the issues around this years multi player options dont affect me..

The career AI game play i find to be very strong at the moment.. Just completed Paris-Nice with Saur Sojasun and scored 9th overall with Hivert, and 19th with Coppel..

the only issue i have come across is Coppel losing 1.32 mins on stage 1 which finished in a sprint, even tho there were no gaps in the field but half the peleton lost time on that stage..

i have only come across 2-3 things that i have found unrealistic so far..
1) Cadel Evans attacking in 1 stage
2) Matthew Goss actually getting some stage wins Pfft

overall, i am very impressed with the career game play.. The UI does need some work as there is a lot of wasted space, and some of the text boxes are to small, but overall it is impressive!

Avin Wargunnson
duckman wrote:
I must be 1 of the silent majority few that for the most part is enjoying the game!

Not much of a multi player so the issues around this years multi player options dont affect me..

The career AI game play i find to be very strong at the moment.. Just completed Paris-Nice with Saur Sojasun and scored 9th overall with Hivert, and 19th with Coppel..

the only issue i have come across is Coppel losing 1.32 mins on stage 1 which finished in a sprint, even tho there were no gaps in the field but half the peleton lost time on that stage..

overall, i am very impressed with the career game play.. The UI does need some work as there is a lot of wasted space, and some of the text boxes are to small, but overall it is impressive!

Gameplay is good, but the rest is screwed (multiplayer, manager part, interface, stratlists). It depends how deep and complex you want the game.
I'll be back

Teddy The Creator
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
duckman wrote:

Gameplay is good, but the rest is screwed (multiplayer, manager part, interface, stratlists). It depends how deep and complex you want the game.

+1 Amazingly I agree with you Avin. I was blinded by the shiny new graphics and early attacks that I missed all the flaws. But I am starting to enjoy it a little more. With a Daily.DB it'll be great..
Edited by Teddy The Creator on 03-07-2012 12:07

Avin Wargunnson
Teddy The Creator wrote:

+1 Amazingly I agree with you Avin. I was blinded by the shiny new graphics and early attacks that I missed all the flaws. But I am starting to enjoy it a little more. With a Daily.DB it'll be great..

Hehe, we dont agree often, do we? Smile
The game will be good as you say, unfortunately it could still be much better (or fortunately, because Cyanide has another chance to surprise us next year).
I'll be back

Biathlon
Do PCM 12 work on Mac?
Words to live by
"What would Lance do?"
i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Biiathlon/livestrong_tdf.jpg

T-Photon
Biathlon wrote:
Do PCM 12 work on Mac?

no, Cyanide has developed PCM with the Directx SDK from Microsoft Wink

will never work on Mac.
Follow our development team:
https://darkshiftstudios.com/
https://forum.darkshiftstudios.com/

-
Teddy The Creator
No it doesn't. They should think about making it cross-platform though, they would make a fair amount of money, and we know that's all Cyanide care about.

Maybe they should ditch all team licenses and spend money on getting a more professional and passionate dev team. I think if us at PCM.Daily had the same resources as Cyanide, we would make a cracking cycling manager game. Grin

Biathlon
Okay thanks for fast answer. Smile
Words to live by
"What would Lance do?"
i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Biiathlon/livestrong_tdf.jpg

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
T-Photon
Teddy The Creator wrote:
No it doesn't. They should think about making it cross-platform though, they would make a fair amount of money, and we know that's all Cyanide care about.

Maybe they should ditch all team licenses and spend money on getting a more professional and passionate dev team. I think if us at PCM.Daily had the same resources as Cyanide, we would make a cracking cycling manager game. Grin

to be fair I think most people underestimate the many hours going into PCM by the developers Wink

that said a new game from a new team of developers would be very awesome.

-
kumazan
T-Photon wrote:
Teddy The Creator wrote:

to be fair I think most people underestimate the many hours going into PCM by the developers Wink

that said a new game from a new team of developers would be very awesome.

Unless it is like that Cycling Evolution crap. Pfft

T-Photon
@kumazan: never tried it Pfft was it ever released?

-
kumazan
Yes, it was. Never tried it though, because the reviews said I'd be better off getting anthrax than playing that. Pfft

Lachi
Biathlon wrote:
Do PCM 12 work on Mac?

You could use Bootcamp and install Windows on a Mac.

the_hoyle
valverde321 wrote:
the_hoyle wrote:
Well... I have to say that I am quite disappointed with it. The game finally arrived last Wednesday, and I am unable to play it. I was unable to load 3D stages, and more than half of the Simulations would crash upon completion. I contact PCM about this, and after waiting a couple of days, I get a reply asking for me to send them a report of my laptop. I reply, and again a few more days later, they tell me my laptop is not good enough and that's that...

Ok, my laptop is not the greatest, but other PCMs have worked fine, so why does this suddenly require so much more from a graphics card/video card?

On the plus side, I did think that the new layout of the career screen was very nice, and the built in season planner would be very helpful. Sadly I was was not able to fully experience it over a longer period of time.

So back to PCM11 it is. Before this though, I have to email PCM for them to resend me the installation link, as I uninstalled everything before I installed PCM12 *sigh*

Wow that sucks! But simulation should work fine, if it worked last year!

I think they are just too lazy to figure out your actual problem.

Have you thought of upgrading your laptop a bit? I think RAM is pretty cheap and that may be all you need to play everything on lowest settings and simulate and such.

Is there a special setting you had your laptop on, to play PCM 11, that you dont have set for PCM 12? (I think you can put your graphics card to "gaming mode" or something like that)

Edit: Update Graphics Card Drivers maybe?

I have maxed out the ram already. I have played Football Manager for years, so I bought more ram so that runs nice an quickly Wink

The drivers are up to date (according to my laptop anyway Frown), and after having a mate of mine have a good look at my laptop, it seems to have a built in graphics card on the main board and no slot to mount a better / higher graphics card Sad Looking at the thread in the technical issue forum on here, I am not the only one having this issue, and being disappointed by Cyanide's lack of input on a solution.

And yes, I know I could simulate the stages, and get some quite valid/realistic results, but that takes the fun, like watching a stage unfold or having to change tactics depending on what happens or springing an upset on a stage etc, away from the game.

To be honest, with everyone else's comments/rants at PCM12, I might have had a lucky escape, and I will be much happier with PCM11 with PCM.Daily update Wink
.: Manager of :.
i.imgur.com/FNKAFFk.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/graphic%20artist.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/graphicartist1.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/jersey%20designer.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/jerseydesigner1.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

TDekker
Well, everybody is talking about the mountain-AI is fixed in career-mode but i don't notice that. I have just played the 12. stage in Tour de France (2 HC's, 2. and finish on 1. climb). A part from the breakaway the peleton spinted in a group of 28 men. That's absolutely unrealistic. Don't know if it's my db or what? I'm playing with RSM news and the latest patch 1.1.0.3.

Lachi
You should always test with the original DB to see if the problem comes from the game or the DB.

Also you should always install the patch first, then the DB.
Do you play with the latest version of the DB, which is compatible with the patch?

TDekker
OK, i think i'll test the original DB then and yes i installed the patch first but i can see the RSM version is updated to 0.9v now, so i'll give it a try. Thanks Smile

tellico
Just for sure...: equipment stars still has no effect on riding?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
PSK Whirlpool
PSK Whirlpool