View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
Alakagom
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
schleckfreak wrote:
What do you other guys give them ?

I think Ulissi and Capecchi stats are fine in PCM daily 2012 database, lets also wait for more races to judge.

Sagan is discussed again and again.
I think carmelobymelo has good stats for him in his update, maybe i would up his endurance even more, as he is great in stages over 200kms.
And maybe Alakagom will also update his stats for Daily database if he is doing the update.

I indeed did Pfft We will possibly have V2 after LBL so I updated all stats by now. I increased Sagan's Endurance, Flat, a bit of Sprint and Acceleration by 1 point and his cobble stat, so you should be happy Pfft Might increase his Hilly one as well after Ardennes Wink
Edited by Alakagom on 11-04-2012 10:32
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

CrueTrue
Alakagom wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
schleckfreak wrote:

I think Ulissi and Capecchi stats are fine in PCM daily 2012 database, lets also wait for more races to judge.

I think carmelobymelo has good stats for him in his update, maybe i would up his endurance even more, as he is great in stages over 200kms.
And maybe Alakagom will also update his stats for Daily database if he is doing the update.

I indeed did Pfft We will possibly have V2 after LBL so I updated all stats by now. I increased Sagan's Endurance, Flat, a bit of Sprint and Acceleration by 1 point and his cobble stat, so you should be happy Pfft Might increase his Hilly one as well after Ardennes Wink

Say what now? Wink

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:18
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Alakagom
CrueTrue wrote:
Alakagom wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
schleckfreak wrote:

Say what now? Wink

It's just my estimation Mike Pfft I know it could never come or could be in few weeks Pfft That's why I added rather cunningly 'possibly' Pfft
Edited by Alakagom on 11-04-2012 20:56

tuturuto
first of all, great work with the 2012 pack guys, nicely done, congrats to you all !!!

i think i have a pretty good knowledge of basque cycling Rolling Eyes so i want to give my opinion on some riders stats:

- A.Galdos: 75 SPRINT 75 HILL.... no way, he hasnt done much since his 7th in Milan-Sanremo, and that was ... 3 years ago now, i d say 72 72 would be limit

- Garikoitz Bravo. he was a top prospect, the strongest junior of his generation, he had offers from other teams, but he prefered to sitck with Caja Rural (his sub-23 team), also he did great in last Volta a Portugal (won the under-25 jersey i think), MOUNT HILL both to 68 minimum, potential to 5 minimum

- Igor Romero, he is a croneur, not a climber at all, strong body ... PLAIN 67 TT 67 MOUNT 60 or something like that

- Domagalski . only 3 potential... you may be right, but the guy killed it last year in the u23 spanish season, most promising rookie Caja Rural promoted this year

- J.Aberasturi. next year he will be on Euskaltel-Euskadi (if it still exists), he is not a pure sprinter, the stage he won last year in Portugal he won it in a sprint of 25 riders after some 3º cat climbs, PLAIN 66 HILL 66 min

-H.Orbe. together with Fraile, the 2 most promising basque prospects, unlike Fraile and most basque riders, Orbe is not a pure climber, he is more of a puncheur with a good sprint, strong in the plain aswell, potential to 5, plain to 67,sprint to 66, prologue to 66, hill to 65, rise his endurance,acceleration and resistence also

-Barbero, he s not that good, at least not by the moment. general downgrade

- Zuazubiskar, he is a croneur, TT to 66 min, PLAIN to 66 min, MOUNT to 58, potential to 4

- Cabedo- not that good (for the moment), i d say he is not a climber, potential to 4, MOUNT to 60

-I.Izagirre. great potential, all-rounded rider, upgrade in PLAIN,TT,and COBBLES

-Kazaux. not a pure climber, PLAIN to 67, maybe bring down a bit his MOUNT, FTR to 75

-G.Izagirre, not a climber, more of a puncheur, UP Plain,Hill,Acceleration,sprint,cobbles DOWN mountain

- Oroz and Egoi Martinez, big bodies, DOWN mountain (Egoi doesnt climb well for a while now) UP plain

-Azanza- plain to 68, mount to 65

- Erviti- PLAIN to 73, he is the strongest basque rider in the plain ( wich it isnt a great achievement :lolSmile

free agents

-A.hernandez, plain to 68, downhill to 75 cobbles to 63, he is now on cyclocross.

-Ibai Salas. plain to 63, great prospect

also for next versions it would be nice to include young riders such as Chetout, Larrinaga, Aitor Gonzalez, Markel Anton, etc...

if u want some help with the basque riders for next versions, just ask me, i d gladly help with anything i can
Edited by tuturuto on 17-04-2012 15:50

kissaha
Great post, tuturuto! Just what is needed to determine the stats of lesser known riders, and I'm sure Alakagom will take them in to consideration.

Alakagom
Indeed, tuturuto thanks for that overview. I already updated A.Galdos stats and lowered them few days ago ironically Pfft Will definitely use the rest of your suggestions & I will do some searching of my own as well with smaller Spanish teams.
Edited by Alakagom on 17-04-2012 20:55

tuturuto
cool, stat limits should also be modified i think (ex. sprint limit is only 70 for Aberasturi, etc)

i forgot to mention in the other post, but Carlos Verona is (in my opinion) already the best rider of Burgos Monumental...and he is only 19, he should be updated aswell

and again, great work guys, i just took up PCM after some years "out", and im enjoying a lot your 2012 pack

CrueTrue
Unfortunately, the stat limits are decided by the game. If you open the database, you will notice that everyone have 0 in their stat limits - they aren't generated until your start a career.

However, they can be influenced, e.g. by setting their potential "correctly" and by giving them high stats in the category you want them to develop (e.g. if you want a sprinter to develop as a sprinter, his highest stat should SP).

http://www.pcmdaily.com
kissaha
I give riders stats limits all the time, and it works perfectly.

viking90
I do think that these two Swedish guys deserves better stats espacially in TT´s and they can survive some climbs too, Tobias Ludvigsson and Alexander Wetterhall.
Ludvigsson did really good late last season as a trainee in SKil-Shimano in Vuelta Burgos with a 16th place in GC.
Under here is some results made by those two, some this year and some of them last season.
I may be blueyelloweyed but think they deserves a little better then now.

https://www.cqrank...ceid=21181
https://www.cqrank...ceid=22224
https://www.cqrank...ceid=21253
https://www.cqrank...ceid=21350
https://www.cqrank...ceid=19958

CountArach
Continuing with my project of getting the most realistic possible stats for Landbouwkrediet riders into the database I'd like to propose some new stats for Egidijus Joudvalkis. His 35th at the Ronde shows that his 57 on cobbles is too low. Maybe 63 would be a better estimate, which would also reflect his Driedaagse de Panne 30th place. His hill stat should also be about 66 rather than 63 after his result on the 4th stage at Dunkerque, as well as the Flanders result.
Edited by CountArach on 08-05-2012 09:01
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

CountArach
Another rider who needs redoing is Bob Jungels, of the Leopard-Trek CT team.

He is a very promising young time trialist who can also climb hills pretty well. Last season without a contracted team he got 3rd at Fleche du Sud (2.2), 2nd in the European U23 TT Championships, 10th at the European RR, 12th at Chrono Champenois and 16th at the U23 TT World Championships. This season he has started to show even more talent, particularly on the hills. He was 2nd on the first stage of Triptyque des Monts et Châteaux. He then came 6th in the short TT and this meant that he won the overall. He also came 2nd overall at Giro del Friuli Venezia Giulia.

So in terms of his stats I'd suggest a big boost in TT/Prologue so that he is around the 69 mark. A hill stat of around 66 feels about right too, with his mountain maybe being bumped up to the 60 mark. EDIT: Oh and his flat obviously needs an increase too given his TT skills and his success in breaks.

Also on another note, there is a typo with the name of Robin Stenuit of Wallonie - Bruxelles Credit in the database.
Edited by CountArach on 10-05-2012 03:12
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Rammus
I guess you're keeping a close eye on the giro but to point some out none the less,

Damiano Caruso: he's been climbing really well so far and deserves a good boost ! With the current database Liquigas can never control the race like they do in real life in the mountains, it's a tough one because they don't win many stages but i always find it weird many other teams have hordes of 75+ mountaineers like Moivstar/Euskatel and liquigas just have syzmd so it never plays out like it should in PCM.

Przemyslaw Niemiec: I think I might of mentioned this one before but he is underserving of his stats. 76 Mountain is pretty prestigous (voeckler, uran, fuglsang, vanendert, poels etc) guys who will top10 in GTs and win big climbing stages, and imo Niemiec doesn't warrant this skilll.

Oh also I guess it's debateable but I'll throw out my opinion anyways ...
I think Samuel Sanchez is just a touch too strong (like recovery/resistance), unless contador rides he's 100% the vuelta winner. His sta/res/rec are like that of a consistent GT winner which he is not. Solid GT winners like Cobo/Basso/Scarponi/Nibali have much less and couple that with Sanchez's better flat/descend/acc/hill he just demolishes these riders ! Who are about the same level imo.

Anyways just some observations Wink Can't wait for the DB !

baggieboys32
Domenico Pozzovivo surely deserves an increase in mountain? He's just flying away from Scarpo, Cunego, etc etc

80? I know its high, but it seems earned...

baseballlover312
I like Pozzovivo too. I don't know about 80.
He's at 77 right now. I think increase him to 78. Maybe 79 if he keeps producing.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

baseballlover312
CountArach wrote:
Continuing with my project of getting the most realistic possible stats for Landbouwkrediet riders into the database I'd like to propose some new stats for Egidijus Joudvalkis. His 35th at the Ronde shows that his 57 on cobbles is too low. Maybe 63 would be a better estimate, which would also reflect his Driedaagse de Panne 30th place. His hill stat should also be about 66 rather than 63 after his result on the 4th stage at Dunkerque, as well as the Flanders result.

I'd raise it to a 65. Certainly seems well deserving in comparison to GC guys with upper 60s
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Avin Wargunnson
baggieboys32 wrote:
Domenico Pozzovivo surely deserves an increase in mountain? He's just flying away from Scarpo, Cunego, etc etc

80? I know its high, but it seems earned...

There were not real mountains in this years Giro so far, rather big hills.If he will be consistent in the third week against Basso,Rujano,Kreuziger, Scarponi, why not, but i doubt it slightly. But i agree he should be at least 78 climber.

About Sanchez, i think he really deserves his stats, he is maybe one of the best three or five stage racers these days and my dark horse for this years Tour if it will be his target. You cant compare him with Cobo to be honest, Sanchez is far better rider imo and would smash him at Vuelta if he was targeting it instead of Tour. Wink
I'll be back

Schleck96
Sanchez deserves his stats. He is a very good GT rider imo.

Alakagom
Rammus wrote:
I guess you're keeping a close eye on the giro but to point some out none the less,

Damiano Caruso: he's been climbing really well so far and deserves a good boost ! With the current database Liquigas can never control the race like they do in real life in the mountains, it's a tough one because they don't win many stages but i always find it weird many other teams have hordes of 75+ mountaineers like Moivstar/Euskatel and liquigas just have syzmd so it never plays out like it should in PCM.

Przemyslaw Niemiec: I think I might of mentioned this one before but he is underserving of his stats. 76 Mountain is pretty prestigous (voeckler, uran, fuglsang, vanendert, poels etc) guys who will top10 in GTs and win big climbing stages, and imo Niemiec doesn't warrant this skilll.

Oh also I guess it's debateable but I'll throw out my opinion anyways ...
I think Samuel Sanchez is just a touch too strong (like recovery/resistance), unless contador rides he's 100% the vuelta winner. His sta/res/rec are like that of a consistent GT winner which he is not. Solid GT winners like Cobo/Basso/Scarponi/Nibali have much less and couple that with Sanchez's better flat/descend/acc/hill he just demolishes these riders ! Who are about the same level imo.

Anyways just some observations Wink Can't wait for the DB !

I agree about the 1st point, Euskaltlel riders MO stats will be turned down a notch in next versions, and few of Liquigas riders will go up. But to what extent we'll have to wait till 3rd week.

Niemiec to me is a very similar rider to Szmyd, doing great work for Scarponi, debatable but we'll see about him. Sanchez well, debatable too but he is quite consistent as guys above me said Wink

About Pozzovivo, Avin says a lot of truth Wink In the 1st week there weren't many mountain stages compared to 3rd Wink He looks good and his hill stat will increase, but we'll wait for MO till further on the Giro.

And just to say, the V2 will be released shortly and it will not contain any updates for Giro. It will have the updates from Cobbles to Ardennes and 'ends' at Giro.

Rammus
Ah didn't realise I was alone on my opinion of Sanchez. Embarassed I'll try to explain my thoughts though

If you compare him with Basso for example Sanchez has

+1 flat
+19 downhill
+4 timetrial
+3 prologue
+7 sprint
+15 acceleration
+2 resistance
+1 recovery
+5 hill

climb&stamina are equal

That kind of increase means Sanchez is a whole new level above where Basso. Then you look Sanchez's best GT result was 2nd back in 2009 (in arguably the weakest GT) compared with Basso who was won mutiple GT's. I just don't see where his +57 (total) stat increase is deserved, like thats massive.

I agree you then can argue but hey, Sanchez is better than Basso at stuff like timetrials,descending,hills,sprinting etc which is completely true so they should be higher. So then you look at why is he not smashing these guys in real life ? So my point is well maybe his recovery, stamina, acceleration (stats that are hard to judge) are not as strong as you percieve them.

You can make similar comparisons with Scarponi,Anton and some others. Anyways yeah just some explanation.

You can take what I say with a grain of salt though as I'm a big fan of Basso Grin ! I just think there is something off with Sanchez, that's all.
Edited by Rammus on 16-05-2012 14:35

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Cav in green