· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
CountArach
PCM rulezz wrote:
the breakaways are better in this game. I have never seen a breakaway that has more than 6-7 riders. Everytime there are more the peloton chases them down.

That's awesome! I wonder if things will be different on transitional stages where strong breaks are often allowed away. Either way fixing breaks is a huge things compared to 2011. Does the AI seem to chase without the assistance of the human player now?
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Neilstrong
Yes the AI will chase breakaways without human help, even if there if you have no riders in the breakaway

Ste117
I love the new interface, just need to get used to the important buttons not being permanently in the left bottom corner. Also need to adjust to the sprint and using the new features. Really good realistic game once all the bugs are sorted out Smile
MG Team manager Team Ticos Air Costa Rica

i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh592/caspervdluijt/gfx/Valverde.png

ronnygj
I do not know french so I don't get much out of the official forums as the English section has limited number of posts, so I just wanted to know if anyone has seen anything on the official forums about the bug/feature that all custom teams automatically becomes continental pro teams.

After the beta patch that recently came out, I started a custom team. My sponsor has several X.2 races as goals but I can't participate in them since they are not races in the same nation as my team and my team ends up as a pro-continental and not continental team. And this is a bit irritating.

aidanvn13
ronnygj wrote:
I do not know french so I don't get much out of the official forums as the English section has limited number of posts, so I just wanted to know if anyone has seen anything on the official forums about the bug/feature that all custom teams automatically becomes continental pro teams.

After the beta patch that recently came out, I started a custom team. My sponsor has several X.2 races as goals but I can't participate in them since they are not races in the same nation as my team and my team ends up as a pro-continental and not continental team. And this is a bit irritating.

Somebody posted about that, I'm not sure where. Mmm, sorry, I'm not much help. I think however there was talk about it being fixed in a patch.

Rauling
Have you guys experienced that only a few teams participated in smaller races like Tour of Turkey and Tour of South Africa? So that only 44 riders participated?
i44.tinypic.com/2efteua.jpg
PCMFreaks.dk - Official Danish Support Site

valverde321
I dont know where this "not able to attack on climbs" came from, but its a myth. I've been able to attack on every climb but one (and even there I think it was just a small bug with the solid rider models) and this makes for very fun gameplay once again! Not only that, but you can attack more than 2 times even on a climb if its long enough!

I just played a stage and had Arroyo attack 20km from the top! He got away for a while, then he was slowly brought back, so I let him recuperate and then he attacked again until he got away and I won! Also the big group really broke down! It started as 42 riders, and it slowly dropped to 6.

Thomas
How do you remove the rider names above the riders without having to remove every single box (profile, rider stats, rider info etc..) ?

The 'Tab' doens't seem to do the job.
Edited by Thomas on 23-06-2012 16:28

climeon
valverde321 wrote:
I dont know where this "not able to attack on climbs" came from, but its a myth. I've been able to attack on every climb but one (and even there I think it was just a small bug with the solid rider models) and this makes for very fun gameplay once again! Not only that, but you can attack more than 2 times even on a climb if its long enough!

I just played a stage and had Arroyo attack 20km from the top! He got away for a while, then he was slowly brought back, so I let him recuperate and then he attacked again until he got away and I won! Also the big group really broke down! It started as 42 riders, and it slowly dropped to 6.

Can you attack on steep gradients just as/or more effectively as you can attack on 3-4% gradients

arz
A question, have they finally removed the salary cap from the team. A thing I have never been able to understand is that if you can without cheating afford better team that can fit in a salary cap one should be allowed to do that. Modifying salaries of riders just don't feel same.

Maybe it's just me coming from football manager side and certainly always trying to develop the "empire" there and thus finding it very frustrating that this game never allows to build a prober team.

Most likely this will end up being final decission criteria if ever getting this game as other aspects they will fix in a month or two and no point to go with careers anyway before prober DB.

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
9-Ball
climeon wrote:
Can you attack on steep gradients just as/or more effectively as you can attack on 3-4% gradients

Yes, certainly. I don't understand the 'you can't attack on climbs' comments I'm seeing here either. I have no trouble doing so.

Same with the 'all stages end in sprints' comments - I'm not seeing that either.

While the pace of mountain sections remains too high (should be in real time!), those two above noted issues are the huge game-breakers some people are calling them. Not sure why they see if that way.
It was eleven more than necessary.
Jacques Anquetil

kevtucks
anyone noticed a lack of news interviews?

i have won a couple of stages and a 2.1 stages race but no interviews yet!

PCM rulezz
I've installed the new patch and every thing was fine in the tour: no peloton on the last climb. But in the giro there was a group of 90 riders after a hard stage. There were a lot of attacks but nobody could stay away.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.

It's difficult not to be happy when you're surrounded by Belgians. - Mark Cavendish

T-Photon
ruben wrote:
T-Photon wrote:
I find it kindy funny that Cyanide decided to avoid a full beta phase for the beta testers for the first time in PCM history this year.

Look how that turned out - now the game is even more buggy :lol:

Hmm. But in all honoustly from what I remember when I was translator (cym3) and later (last year) tester I can remember a lot of testers didn't pull their weight anyway.

It's easy to say I want to be a tester but a good tester is hard to find. As a programmer myself I can actually relate to cyanide for that...

I too study software engineering and I can see your point.

Problem is that you have two options when entering the testing phase:
1) do a inhouse test with real QA testers (best solution)
2) do a beta with some community people (decent solution)

Cyanide was not satisfied with the beta testers perfomance (I can understand that having participated last year) so they scrapped the beta.

too me i seems like a bad decision releasing a game without using any of the two solutions, option 2 might not be perfect but it can only increase the overall quality.

third option might have been to develop the game using test-driven development but that is even more expensive than using QA testers Wink
Follow our development team:
https://darkshiftstudios.com/
https://forum.darkshiftstudios.com/

-
kissaha
The new interface looks OK, but I have 1920x1080 resolution on my laptop, and everything is so small and unreadable. Quite annoying. And also, I can't zoom out in 3D anymore.

baseballlover312
You know what's crap? Some people buy Armada packs to get great riders. How do you get them? Definetley not available in the US. Plus, as people race, they're gonna get packs and better riders. By August, almost every team will be gold. 9/10 guys will have Contador. It's gonna get old too quick. Cya will make a quick buck, but it won't actually get them more intake in the long run.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ste117
baseballlover312 wrote:
You know what's crap? Some people buy Armada packs to get great riders. How do you get them? Definetley not available in the US. Plus, as people race, they're gonna get packs and better riders. By August, almost every team will be gold. 9/10 guys will have Contador. It's gonna get old too quick. Cya will make a quick buck, but it won't actually get them more intake in the long run.

I bought a few packs to get myself going, my biggest fear is people having more than 1 Contador or 1 Cavendish for example, it will ruin the game. I will probably not buy anymore now, as if you look already most people have gold teams, I would recommend everyone putting a bit of money into if you want to win. That's what I have done.

Alakagom
I agree with all your concerns, but all can be easily fixed with one thing - good match-making system.

If new players with bronze cards will be joined in races with other newbies, and develop their squad, the game will be fun.

If they will be matched with higher ranked players with golden cards, then there's no point.

I don't see problem buying cards, but those who do should never be matched so early in the game with players who are plaing with bronze players as that destroys the fun, as the game is based on stats mainly, unlike FIFA where you need a lot of skill.
Edited by Alakagom on 23-06-2012 20:54
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Ste117
Alakagom wrote:
I agree with all your concerns, but all can be easily fixed with one thing - good match-making system.

If new players with bronze cards will be joined in races with other newbies, and develop their squad, the game will be fun.

If they will be matched with higher ranked players with golden cards, then there's no point.

I don't see problem buying cards, but those who do should never be matched so early in the game with players who are plaing with bronze players as that destroys the fun, as the game is based on stats mainly, unlike FIFA where you need a lot of skill.

I agree, I was just in a race with other guys who had bronzeonly, they finished over 10 mins down on the winner (me) and behind 7 of my team too. I felt sorry for them because they could not compete.

valverde321
Alakagom wrote:

Plus theres no fun in building a strong bronze team for example now, as my Canadians will get demolished whereas in Fifa, its one of my best teams, with lots of wins, its just a fight to get the best riders you can, which isn't the fun in UT for me.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Vacansoleil chasing time
Vacansoleil chasing time