View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour Down Under - Discussion
quadsas
Adomaitis opens up his point tally, we likey
deez

DaveTwoBob
Goodness! Expected Walscheid to be overtaken after hitting the front. Amazed and delighted he hung on for the win. Kraftwerk seem to like the Aussie air Smile

Got the season off to a great start.

Thanks for the report roturn and for the congrats.
Manager of Renault Classic [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

jt1109
First stage as expected not inovlved.

But really happy with stage 2 with Moscon grabbing a top 10 and us getting 4?! riders in the front group which would be incredible if we could hold 4 guys in the top 30 overall come the end of the race. Also in with a shout in the team classification which would be another great way to score here.

seancoll
Some interesting stages so far. Love that the breakaway riders are getting more than a day at the front and a breakaway win is always fun (but understandably frustrating for those with the favorites).

Demare and Lagane leading some of the GC considerations brings me some personal joy as it shows that the mid-level alternative classification settings make some sense at a race like this. After some doubts about their positioning and whether their combination of skills would still work this year, I'm glad for the first positive signs for those teams.

Great result by Walscheid to take stage 1.
MG Manager - SEE Turtles

quadsas
Sagan opens up his tally as well. Disappointed that Adomaitis and Januskevicius missed the split, we've scored a good amount of points in this race past two years by having both the puncher and sprinter making the cut. I'll settle for Sagan GC win I guess
deez

Ad Bot
Posted on 16-10-2024 11:39
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Marcovdw
Two top tens seems good, but ninth and tenth doesn't really bring much bonus seconds. Hoping for better results in the next stages
Manager of Minions

TheManxMissile
Two good stages so far. Still very much in contention and Lagane seems up for the challenge, and encouraging signs i made the right choice to split his training between HL and SP.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

whitejersey
A little disappointing stage for us, would have liked to see a bit more fight from the boys but cannot be too unhappy.

Does seem like Demare is unable to really do it on his own for the individual stages and with the weakish squad around him from Tryg it does seem like they're unable to really control the race here.

liefwarrior
Disappointed by somewhat unsurprised by the results so far. It is nice to see that Lagane is doing well, bodes well for Démare even after another decline. Thank you for the reports roturn. Here is hoping things pickup for us from this point forward.

@whitejersey: I made the mistake of worrying that Démare might be selected for a sprint train so brought along the necessary pieces. As it happens, that the engine thinks that Pedersen is meant to have a go on the flat while his leader's positioning is left up to chance. Not sure what is going on regarding the hill stages, as both Hellemose and Honoré should be around to help out on the Corkscrew...

Ollfardh
Go Lotto!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Gustavovskiy
Hindley 125th is woeful. Didn' t expect us to be that much crappy. Congrats on a brilliant win to Lotto!
Manager of Everesting

Fabianski
Laurens147 wrote:

Not a good start for us, Christen as a LVL1 loanee is our first man in the results column. Hopefully we can turn it around in the next stages!

I guess you'll still be happy with Christen being your first man on stage 2 Pfft

Holy moly, what a debut for Fabio! Already very present in DUC and netting his first career points in his first race, he pulls off a fantastic show on S2 of TDU, on the 3rd day of his career - not sure he'll ever do better than that in his entire career Shock Stage win and the lead in all classifications, wow!
But please, Laurens, give him some rest as well - I mean, his current paycheck is big enough, I don't want to give him a raise next year Pfft

More generally speaking, obviously a potentially crucial stage for KHJ and Boswell. Démare remains the top favourite, as he could win every stage, and Lagane also looks well set. But with the two "pure" puncheurs gapping everyone else, it's surely looking good for a GC podium.

And late congrats to Kraftwerk on a great Walscheid win on S1, feels weird to see two riders related to my team winning on the same (RL) day Grin

Jakstar22
Yates staying with the favourites and not looking like he was coming off the back or anything at any time so good work from him. Happy with how today went. Interesting to see Thompson and Mudgway in the second group ahead of much strong riders in the team but that’s okay.

Congrats on the win Lotto and another great report!

Bushwackers
Glad to see Christen taking the surprise win here. Congrats to Laurens and Fabianski.

Ulrich Ulriksen
Oof. If Narvaez can't stay in the front group there that is a bad sign not just for this race but for his season. He may be missing the other leaders we had last year to pull him through. Bagioli and Boswell both in the front group reinforce that. Boswell has done more in 2 race days this year than he did all last year.

On a brighter note love to see Walscheid already scoring for Kraftwerk (he loves this race, won a stage last year as well) and Milesi with a nice run on day one for some miinor points, pity he couldn't stay with Christen to fight for the stage result.

Thanks for the reports
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Eden95
Good to see Bagioli at the front in most shots towards the end, but disappointing that he couldn’t do better with his abilities. Congrats Laurens and thanks for the report
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Caspi
Corruption! Why only KOM points twice on S3? Grin

A bit worrying that Nikiema threw away all chances of a GC result already on S2, but nice to see both him and Mundle very active in the breakaways.

Nemolito
Hatem Ben Ameur second on stage two, love to see him do well at Bralirwa Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Laurens147
Fabianski wrote:

Laurens147 wrote:

Not a good start for us, Christen as a LVL1 loanee is our first man in the results column. Hopefully we can turn it around in the next stages!

I guess you'll still be happy with Christen being your first man on stage 2 Pfft

Holy moly, what a debut for Fabio! Already very present in DUC and netting his first career points in his first race, he pulls off a fantastic show on S2 of TDU, on the 3rd day of his career - not sure he'll ever do better than that in his entire career Shock Stage win and the lead in all classifications, wow!
But please, Laurens, give him some rest as well - I mean, his current paycheck is big enough, I don't want to give him a raise next year Pfft

My post aged well Pfft Great victory in S2, what a performance! This combined with the jersey points, already a big haul for us. Also good to see Wouters in the mix in S3. Didn't expect Calmejane to be totally absent, but we can't have it all.

Curious to see how the GC will play out for the other teams! Thanks roturn for the reports.
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

whitejersey
Not ideal, fun stage anyways, thanks for the report!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Roster
Roster