· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Ukraine Discussion
Marcovdw
Promising start from Dennis and Brown. Washing away the bad taste from the previous races.
Manager of Minions

Ulrich Ulriksen
Solid opening from Brandon, in the top 10 and U25 lead, Will be happy if we end the race in the same spot. Need to distance the pure TT guys tomorrow as the I think the last TT will favor the climbers less.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

knockout
Next chance for the Lopez Foss duo. I do think that both of them should do quite well here and i need them to deliver more here than in Tasmania.

S1 was alright. Foss seemed to have a great day, Lopez was a bit underwhelming. Still, s2 will be crucial for us and i think lopez should get some gap over most contenders.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

cio93
Another brilliant (likely exclusively from our perspective) hilly stage!

Ganna was amazingly positioned the entire day and punched above his weight on the finish climb, apparently aided by Cemazar which surprisingly helped keep him right up there as well.
Stork and Cavagna making the second group too is very encouraging for the final TT on top of all that.

A second consecutive top 3 GC result for Ganna is now very possible if he has a good day tomorrow, while Cemazar actually has a shot at making it onto the U25 podium as well!
This could be exactly what we needed before the cobbled and hilly classics will see us drop again.

tsmoha
Ouch...

tsmoha
Ouch...

Sykkel_Freak
Very good performance from Paillot! He’s on course for a top 10 GC finish if he has a good day tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

Fabianski
What the fuck!
Absolutely awful stage for us, by far the worst of the year. Completely ridiculous what PCM is doing here, placing riders like Ganna or Paillot up front, but far, far stronger climbers/puncheurs behind.
Really hating that PCM version so far, feels even more random than in previous years.

Sorry for the rant, but that is just completely ridiculous Artificial "Intelligence".

Ulrich Ulriksen
oof.

thanks to abhi for the reports.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
ryant
Both Hayter and Oliveira are where they need to be heading into the last TT, really hope/pray for good legs so we can get at least one of them in the top 10 overall
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Jakstar22
Again not what I wanted. Bobridge can get into the top 10 and that is now the goal! Fingers are crossed we can come out of this final stage with something...

Marcovdw
Kinoshita did fine. Dennis and Brown not so much
Manager of Minions

knockout
Ignoring the points for 2nd place on the stage, this stage and especially the gaps were the worst possible ones for Evonik. Too little gaps for Lopez and at a terrible spot for Foss.

One sweet little thing tho is the tied KoM lead with Lopez and Phinney Grin

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

knockout
Ignoring the points for 2nd place on the stage, this stage and especially the gaps were almost the worst possible ones for Evonik. Too little gaps for Lopez and at a terrible spot for Foss. So none of them will get close enough to the big points

One sweet little thing tho is the tied KoM lead with Lopez and Phinney.

Luis Leon Sanchez
Good opening stage from Conci for 7th.

Interesting 2nd stage. Borges up there for the fight with a 7th of his own while Conci and Cosnefroy did what they needed to do which was to finish in that first group.

Now Conci 7th and Cosnefroy 17th going into the final stage TT. Hopeful that Conci can move up rather than down while Cos can climb into the Top 15.

Thank you Abhi for the reports so far!!

Eden95
I was wondering how the stage would play out looking at the profile, and ultimately thought that with what pcm22 has shown so far that there’d be several failed attacks before a couple of strong riders would take off in the final Km in front of a group of 40 riders with no gaps. Maybe I’m the pcm22 whisperer? I was also hoping to be wrong because that just doesn’t seem right.

We’ve barely raced, but following other races it seems like getting gaps even in mountain stages is no easy feat, and large groups might be the norm going forward sadly. Awful that Haig, McNulty, Almeida and Oomen didn’t bother, especially Haig who was in a decent GC position as well as basically the entire Jura team + Dennis and co. Really bizarre looking at some of the names that were in that big front group.

Dunbar did what was expected, stuck right to Wirtgen’s wheel and is in a prime position for tomorrow. The top 2 are untouchable, but the podium is still very much a possibility. If he has even an ok day then a top-5 should be a done deal, Ganna the only big threat behind. Fingers crossed Smile

Thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Eden95
I was wondering how the stage would play out looking at the profile, and ultimately thought that with what pcm22 has shown so far that there’d be several failed attacks before a couple of strong riders would take off in the final Km in front of a group of 40 riders with no gaps. Maybe I’m the pcm22 whisperer? I was also hoping to be wrong because that just doesn’t seem right.

We’ve barely raced, but following other races it seems like getting gaps even in mountain stages is no easy feat, and large groups might be the norm going forward sadly. Awful that Haig, McNulty, Almeida and Oomen didn’t bother, especially Haig who was in a decent GC position as well as basically the entire Jura team + Dennis and co. Really bizarre looking at some of the names that were in that big front group.

Dunbar did what was expected, stuck right to Wirtgen’s wheel and is in a prime position for tomorrow. The top 2 are untouchable, but the podium is still very much a possibility. If he has even an ok day then a top-5 should be a done deal, Ganna the only big threat behind. Fingers crossed Smile

Thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Croatia14
PCM 22 really behaves very weirdly. Taylor still is a machine, though.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

redordead
The hilly stage went about as well as I could have hoped for as my team here is more TT based. We finished out the race in a good way. No great results in the time-trial, but mostly everyone did a very solid ride Smile

TGH in 6th place is about right since he's behind the same riders as in P-N, but the competition here is even tougher with Phinney, Dunbar and Bernal. I guess this isn't the worst way of failing the win goal Pfft

We finally got the depth scoring we've been craving in these sorts of races. Lammertink and Craddock didn't have the best day today, but making the split on stage 2 put them in position to finish 13th and 16th. Everyone else finishing in the top 40 is also something, although I'm a bit surprised it's Habtemichael bringing up the rear. Hopefully some better days from him later in the season.

No real surprises with Phinney and Wirtgen at the top. Congrats to them and thanks to Abhi for the reports Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

MacC
Apologies, I have been away but fair to say I didn't miss much from a Glanbia a point of view here! The level of TTing and the hilly nature ruled us out.

Congrats to the winner (that Phinney guy is quite good, no?) and thanks for reports

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Time Trial
Time Trial