TheManxMissile, Ollfardh, Caspi

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
calculated stats based on FINAL results
Paul23
Looks great overall. I like how Dege wins all cobbled classics, although there is no Omloop here. Tony stays ITT WC and switches to Giant.(although i would prefer him staying at etixx)
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

matt17br
Looks pretty realistic Grin
Besides some obvious AI flaws as the cobbled stage screwing up the TDF, all the rest seems to be not too far from reality (except Valverde winning too much, Nibali and Degenkolb doing too well in the classics and Lutsenko somehow winning Pologne, but still, it can't be perfect and it's probably PCM's fault Pfft).

Keep it up, really, I'm quite confident that sooner or later some db makers may use it as base and only change the top stats to their liking Wink

(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
TankNL
matt17br wrote:
Looks pretty realistic Grin
Besides some obvious AI flaws as the cobbled stage screwing up the TDF, all the rest seems to be not too far from reality (except Valverde winning too much, Nibali and Degenkolb doing too well in the classics and Lutsenko somehow winning Pologne, but still, it can't be perfect and it's probably PCM's fault Pfft).

Keep it up, really, I'm quite confident that sooner or later some db makers may use it as base and only change the top stats to their liking Wink

Thanks Matt, I'm using it that way. I only edit 7 riders to personal preference and have loads of fun with it.

Tank

TankNL
Paul23 wrote:
Looks great overall. I like how Dege wins all cobbled classics, although there is no Omloop here. Tony stays ITT WC and switches to Giant.(although i would prefer him staying at etixx)

Omloop is no WT race, that's why there's no result.
I did see that the startingfield of Omloop was far from impressive, not like in reallife. Will look into the races to see why the cobble leaders opt to skip this race.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 16:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
ppanther
Super cool project. I am playing around with your excel by myself, but whats the best way including new races?

TankNL
ppanther wrote:
Super cool project. I am playing around with your excel by myself, but whats the best way including new races?

I use a build in VBA-macro to grab CQranking.com pages... but I did not include that macro in the public files, because I didn't wanted to DDOS them, with a couple of Excel’s that run simultaneously, that could very well be the case.

TankNL
ppanther wrote:

I use a build in VBA-macro to grab CQranking.com pages... but I did not include that macro in the public files, because I didn't wanted to DDOS them, with a couple of Excel’s that run simultaneously, that could very well be the case.

I could upload the lastest version with alle the races WT and .HC and .1 included, would that help?
Edited by TankNL on 04-05-2015 10:06

ppanther
TankNL wrote:
ppanther wrote:

I could upload the lastest version with alle the races WT and .HC and .1 included, would that help?

Would be great and would help for sure. Grin

TankNL
Here is the updated Excel file;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4...%20v1.xlsx

All races from 2011 until now on .WT, .HC and .1 level

ppanther
TankNL wrote:

Thanks!

ppanther
TankNL wrote:

How does it come this file is smaller than the previous one? Just curious.

TankNL
Don't know, might be that I've changed some formula's or deleted some hidden sheet... don't know exactly Smile

b.t.w. If you have any insights or tips regarding your playing around with the excel, please share them here.
Edited by TankNL on 04-05-2015 12:19

TankNL
alright, past the 10.000 views... good to see that there is interest in the project still.

themanxtrain1
That's fantastic work.

matt17br
I noticed that you made a mistake while copying over FTR stats of the spreadsheet into the JESGD cdb file Wink They are the same as the sprint stats! Just the same Pfft Looking a bit into the excel file again I noticed that the FTR formula could be made better. Not really sure how but we could discuss it!
Edited by matt17br on 08-05-2015 15:06
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
TankNL
We could do it here in the forum. I've totally transparant, just for feedback like this. But you could also send me a pm, to discuss this in private.

TankNL
We could do it here in the forum. I've totally transparant, just for feedback like this. But you could also send me a pm, to discuss this in private.

TankNL
matt17br wrote:
I noticed that you made a mistake while copying over FTR stats of the spreadsheet into the JESGD cdb file Wink They are the same as the sprint stats! Just the same Pfft L

I will look into that, thanks.

TankNL
I've done some extra work on the races and with the info from https://firstcycling.com/ I managed to also include all the .2 + .2U +.NE results from 2015, In order to get more info in the lesser known riders.

Will upload the new excel later this day.
Edited by TankNL on 09-05-2015 14:07

TankNL
TankNL wrote:
matt17br wrote:
I noticed that you made a mistake while copying over FTR stats of the spreadsheet into the JESGD cdb file Wink They are the same as the sprint stats! Just the same Pfft L

I will look into that, thanks.

You are right, wrong vLookup column selected Smile ... corrected and will upload new .cdb later today.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Long way to go
Long way to go