Arberg27
Ian Butler wrote:
1. No Nibali there

See Tour De France 2012

Ian Butler wrote:
No Contador in top shape

Of course Contador in top shape in Tour De France

Ian Butler wrote:
3. Quintana wasn't leader and was already ahead of the climb (I think).

lol Quintana was leader and tried to get a head start by attacking former, because he knows that, he cannot run with Froome attacking first time.

Ian Butler wrote:
4. That's a year ago. This year's Froome is nowhere near that guy. Contador is the other way around, much stronger this year. So you can't base their stats on only 1 season, but you have to see the bigger picture.

Froome: Best climber in TDF 2012, 2013 and 2014 until he was crash.
Contador: Rodriguez better climber in Vuelta 2012 than Contador, Fromme better than Contador in 2013 and 2014 until he was crash.
Edited by Arberg27 on 27-07-2014 12:01

TimoCycling
Jesleyh wrote:
Don't forget that Dumoulin actually finished 2nd in his last 3 TTs now. Guess who came first every time? Martin.
Dumoulin is easily 78, possibly 79.

There's just nobody coming close to Martin as long as it's relatively flat.

Also, Barta had some more great TTs throughout the season, it's not an one-off. Wink

He came in first in the Nationals though Wink.

Imagine if Martin wasn't in form for yesterday, we would've had another Dutch stage winner Sad.

Ian Butler
Arberg27 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
1. No Nibali there

Tour De France 2012 Wink

Ian Butler wrote:
No Contador in top shape

Ian Butler wrote:
3. Quintana wasn't leader and was already ahead of the climb (I think).

lol Quintana was leader and tried to get a head start by attacking former, because he knows that, he cannot run with Froome attacking first time.

Ian Butler wrote:
4. That's a year ago. This year's Froome is nowhere near that guy. Contador is the other way around, much stronger this year. So you can't base their stats on only 1 season, but you have to see the bigger picture.
Froome best climber in 2012, 2013 and 2014 until he was crash.

Just because it's the Tour doesn't mean Contador is in top shape Wink he's had some difficulties getting into top shape since his suspension. This year he's had more luck than 2012 and 2013.
Quintana wasn't the leader, Valverde was. Otherwise he wouldn't have attacked earlier.
And it's Tour 2013, not 2012. Nibali wasn't there.

Naskela
Tour De France 2012 Wink

You know you lost the argument when you bring up results two years back.

¨
In that case should Joaquim be higher than Contador? again old results.

If you Seriously believe that you shouldn't be allowed making those arguments Smile. the whole team were protecting Valverde until the last week.
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Arberg27
i58.tinypic.com/9zyal1.png

Froome 85 Smile
Edited by Arberg27 on 27-07-2014 12:19

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Dancycling
Look. The only real showdown between Contador and Froome this year was Dauphine Stage 2. If I remember correctly, Froome didn't gap Contador so both should have the same mountain stat whilst Froome has a better hill stat to compensate for the uphill sprint

bajbar
Col de Madone time is from a week before the tour last year. The stats should be at least 75% based on the results this year. Contador sucked last year, so he got the stat of 80 (or was it even 79). This year he has constantly beaten Froome (and everyone else for that matter) on mountain stages (with the exception of col du Beal, which was his second race day after almost two months without racing). I think based on this season it would be unrealistic for Froome to have higher mountain stat than Contador. And besides, even Porte had better time up Madone last year than Armstrong and look where is he now...

Dusen
I think Contador and Froome should be death even in MO stats.

Contador has really stepped up his game this season.

dark_x2012
Dancycling wrote:
Look. The only real showdown between Contador and Froome this year was Dauphine Stage 2. If I remember correctly, Froome didn't gap Contador so both should have the same mountain stat whilst Froome has a better hill stat to compensate for the uphill sprint

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Rolling Eyes
Froome better hill???????
Contador beats one of the best punchers in the world in the hilly Basque Country andyou say Froome deserves more hill for doing a 700m highly suspicious uphill sprint using an anchlor!!! Also, PCM doesn't work this way and hill has nothing to do with that stage.
Otherwise I agree with the equal mountain stat. Wink
Edited by dark_x2012 on 27-07-2014 12:43

Dusen
dark_x2012 wrote:
Dancycling wrote:

Contador beats one of the best punchers in the world in the hilly Basque Country andyou say Froome deserves more hill for doing a 700m highly suspicious uphill sprint using an anchlor!!! Also, PCM doesn't work this way and hill has nothing to do with that stage.

Contador was the aggressor on the 2 stage of the Tour. Froome was only hanging on and counter attacked when the hill was fadding out.

Contador is imo 1-2 stats better in hill. Froome is like 2-3 stats better in TT imo so it evens out i think Smile

Not sure about RES and alle the other support stats.

dark_x2012
And could anyone post supportive stats cuz I really don't have an idea for them? After those crazy solo attacks by Contador in Tirreno and Dauphine and Quintana's solo in the Giro I am really confused.

Dancycling
dark_x2012 wrote:
Dancycling wrote:

Well actually it does because the mountain stat, on a mountain stage, is replaced by the hill/sprint coefficient in the last km of so. That being said Contador probably is a better puncher and I think Froome has a better sprint stat at the moment so it doesn't really matter.

baseballlover312
Dancycling wrote:
dark_x2012 wrote:
Dancycling wrote:

Well actually it does because the mountain stat, on a mountain stage, is replaced by the hill/sprint coefficient in the last km of so. That being said Contador probably is a better puncher and I think Froome has a better sprint stat at the moment so it doesn't really matter.

No it isn't. There is also a mtn:sprint ratio for that reason. On a mtn stage it is completely the mtn that judges the final km.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
Arberg27 wrote:
i58.tinypic.com/9zyal1.png

Froome 85 Smile

Armstrongs time was taken during a Tour stage, Froome's was from training, where he just started at the bottom of the climb and didn't ride 100+km beforehand. (IIRC)

Dancycling
baseballlover312 wrote:
Dancycling wrote:
dark_x2012 wrote:
Dancycling wrote:

No it isn't. There is also a mtn:sprint ratio for that reason. On a mtn stage it is completely the mtn that judges the final km.

Really! I've never heard of that. Forget all of what I said then. So in the uphill sprint ratio the uphill part is determined by the mo/hi coefficient, which is then put into a coefficient with sprints. Also, I though the sprint always had a minimum value of .3

matt17br
I think that we should wait for Vuelta to have a better stats situation...
For now: Contador-Quintana-Froome surely 83.
Nibali 82 (but I'm sure he deserves 83, too)

http://v.ht/Matt17
alex199412
zubeldia needs higher REC aroung 79 or 80 this guy ist the impersonated consistence and always being good over 3 weeks

i ask myself if peraud and pinot should have the same mountain stat or pinot should have one more, because peraud is always hanging in but i never ever saw him attacking Grin

sammyt93
alex199412 wrote:
zubeldia needs higher REC aroung 79 or 80 this guy ist the impersonated consistence and always being good over 3 weeks

i ask myself if peraud and pinot should have the same mountain stat or pinot should have one more, because peraud is always hanging in but i never ever saw him attacking Grin

I'd say Peraud should have 1 stat higher MO as he was climbing better then Pinot and was the only one who could follow Nibali (clearly not on Nibali's level as Nibali later dropped him), but Pinot should have higher ACC and possibly FI aswell because he was more attacking.

That said Peraud knew he wasn't going to be able to attack Nibali as Nibali would just take off and it was often just the 2 of them, whereas Pinot was normally climbing with Bardet, Valv, TJ etc. who are guys he could attack.

owneole
i really hope for the next databases that are being made you guys actually put kristoff up there with the three bests. There is no doubt that is deserves a spot there.
And sagan, shouldnt really have sucha high spurt i think, same with bos.
ole jakob

Jesleyh
The three bests aren't the ''three bests'' anymore Wink

Kittel is the best now.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Crazy Devil !
Crazy Devil !