· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
dark_x2012
The Hobbit wrote:

I don't see how you can say he has been a disapointment when he has barely even raced. I think he is in a similar situation to Rodriguez, he came into the Tour in terrible shape, Porte looking to help Froome as best as he could, Rodriguez obviously going for the KOM.

The reason people aren't lowering Purito's stats are that he showed some early form, and that he isn't really peaking for the Tour. Porte didn't form because he was always getting injuries or problems. His peak was obviously the Giro, which he probably would have podiumed at least, had he been there. If we ranked Porte on this season, he'd be about 72 mt, if you did on last season, he'd be 80. Neither really represents where Porte is at on his day though, which is what makes this so hard, as we can't know.

I have to disagree with you. He hadn't had so severe injuries like Purito or Horner that caused loss of muscle mass in his legs. Also how much do you think it takes to get in top shape if you have the leg power and need to gain the endurance to compete in the Tour?

jussike
As an Estonian I am a tad biased for setting stats of Estonians. With this season/tour in mind, what would you do with both Taaramäe and Kangert? With Kangert, I would probably wait to see todays TT result, but as for Taaramäe, he has started to show some legs after the operation he had earlier this year (+he was okay in Tour of Turkey).

As I am no expert in PCM, I would be extremely grateful if any of you could tell all the important stats for those two.

Thank you in advance,

fullenglish
dark_x2012 wrote: Also how much do you think it takes to get in top shape if you have the leg power and need to gain the endurance to compete in the Tour?

You'd need to be in Tip top shape if you want to ride well over whole 3 weeks. Not going to happen if you have disrupted preparation in the 2-3 months before.

I'm not so sure that the illness is a necessarily a smokescreen given the wet/cold weather in the days leading up. From my own experience its very easy to pick up a bug when you're freezing/soaked/only wearing lycra for 5-6 hours. Rider's immune systems tend to be weakend due to the efforts they put in, and once you've got something that affects your breathing or ability to eat you can get in trouble quite quickly as your recovery really suffers.

Sky have also been pretty bad in the past for their riders forgetting to eat.... Happened to Kiriyenka last year when he missed the cutoff time, Froome on Alpe d'Huez. Quite possibly Porte too when he lost time in 2013.
Its always worth considering this when a rider bonks on one stage and then loses motivation/team support and his performance drops off from there on in.

Stats wise, I think a lot if riders (probably more than 1/2) should be given a dislike of wet conditions (if those favoured/disliked weather things even work?). Its not really right to be slashing stats because guys are Ill and miss their goal. Its not as if he's done an Andy Schleck.

totto
I think if any one should be given low REC, it's Valverde...

Cossack
Barta and Dumoulin should be both at least 78 TT with decent REC, also Konig and Bardet should be up in TT.

baseballlover312
78 for Dumoulin would be fine, but Barta put 1 great TT in. 76 would be better. Maybe 77.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Jesleyh
Don't forget that Dumoulin actually finished 2nd in his last 3 TTs now. Guess who came first every time? Martin.
Dumoulin is easily 78, possibly 79.

There's just nobody coming close to Martin as long as it's relatively flat.

Also, Barta had some more great TTs throughout the season, it's not an one-off. Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 26-07-2014 18:49
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:21
Bot Agent

IP: None  
baseballlover312
Jesleyh wrote:
Don't forget that Dumoulin actually finished 2nd in his last 3 TTs now. Guess who came first every time? Martin.
Dumoulin is easily 78, possibly 79.

There's just nobody coming close to Martin as long as it's relatively flat.

Also, Barta had some more great TTs throughout the season, it's not an one-off. Wink

I know, but 78 is a big number. 77 TT would not be a 1 off stat.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Kiserlovski01
What do you guys think about MO/HI/END/REC for:

Gastauer ( Lux - ALM): 73/73/72/71
Jeannesson ( Fra - FDJ): 75/75/74/73

matt17br
Arberg27 wrote:
83: Froome
82: Quintana, Contador
81: Nibali, Rodriguez,
80: Valverde, Kreuziger, Porte

But why the f'k everyone is underrating Nibali?
If Quintana goes second in the tour and wins the giro (without opponents of his level) deserves a higher stat than Nibali. What should Nibali do to be at the level of Quintana? Win Giro-Tour-Vuelta the same year? He always beat Rodriguez, he won the Giro in the same situation as Quintana SO he deserves the same stats of Quintana. Don't forget that Nibali went second at the Vuelta just behind an amazing (and probably doped) Horner that beat the VAM record of Froome on Angliru... Nibali isn't probably on the same level of Froome/Contador. But is f'ingly underrated. It's a shame he can not fight against Froome and Contador. Hope in next year.

http://v.ht/Matt17
Arberg27
ok Smile

84: Froome
83: Contador
82: Quintana, Nibali

bajbar
Arberg27 wrote:
ok Smile

84: Froome
83: Contador
82: Quintana, Nibali

Contador hasn't lost a single second in mountain stages to Froome this year, while we cannot say that the other way around. So I believe they should have at least the same stat (83) if not 1 level higher for Contador, who was only beaten by Rodriguez for four seconds this year in face-to-face matchups on mountain stages.

Arberg27
Froome is clearly the strongest in top condition, with most lengths down to everyone else Smile

Alakagom
Kiserlovski01 wrote:
What do you guys think about MO/HI/END/REC for:

Gastauer ( Lux - ALM): 73/73/72/71
Jeannesson ( Fra - FDJ): 75/75/74/73

This isn't far off, but I'd be even more generous to Gastauer, he's be absolutely superb.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Naskela
jussike wrote:
As an Estonian I am a tad biased for setting stats of Estonians. With this season/tour in mind, what would you do with both Taaramäe and Kangert? With Kangert, I would probably wait to see todays TT result

I never take any bad GT TTs very seriously most riders out of the top 15 in the general classification riding on 80% most of the stage besides the favorites.

When it comes to Tom Dumoulin he needs an increase in TT he showed several times he is one of the best time trialists recently.
Edited by Naskela on 27-07-2014 11:03
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Shonak
Arberg27 wrote:
Froome is clearly the strongest in top condition, with most lengths down to everyone else Smile

Even if that was the case, he's not strong enough that it would justify a whole point difference on Contador and two on Quintana & Nibali really. I'm with Bajbar on this one.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png
"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V

Arberg27

Naskela
Is it now i should post a video of Schleck from 08 to back up my opinion on him being 82 in mountain Grin Contador is allot better than now than he was then last year, i think we all know Froome was the best in top condition last year.
Edited by Naskela on 27-07-2014 11:30
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Ian Butler
Arberg27 wrote:

If I remember correctly:
1. No Nibali there
2. No Contador in top shape
3. Quintana wasn't leader and was already ahead of the climb (I think).
4. That's a year ago. This year's Froome is nowhere near that guy. Contador is the other way around, much stronger this year. So you can't base their stats on only 1 season, but you have to see the bigger picture.

TimoCycling
Kruijswijk (imo): 75 MO 73 HI 74 END 75 REC

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots