· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
His recovery needs to be REALLY bad. No giving him low 70s and calling it poor. Mid 60s recovery and 79 mtn.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
Jesleyh wrote:
Porte 76?
Don't you think that's a tad extreme, looking at TdF '13, for example?
Just needs terrible REC(and 79MO)

Porte 78 at most. He's never proven himself to be amazing apart from on maybe a handful of days working as a teammate which we know is different from riding for yourself. He's done almost nothing this year and 79 would mean he on the same level as basically the podium of this Tour which is just inaccurate as hell. I mean he's been so bad this Tour it as if he has been dropping back to fight on a later mountain but the same thing keeps happening, he just keeps doing absolutely terrible on the climbs.

He is good on hills though.

baseballlover312
True he never made a move after he boinked. Never saved it for later. Never redeemed anything.

78 mtn, 64 recovery.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Dusen
baseballlover312 wrote:
True he never made a move after he boinked. Never saved it for later. Never redeemed anything.

78 mtn, 64 recovery.

I think that is a good portray of Porte.
He can still play a part in mountain stages in small stage races but will be in trouble in grand tours

Kentaurus
Why would his recovery be so low? I know he fell apart this tour (after becoming a defacto leader), but in last years tour he was just as strong late as he was early. 6th stage 18 (Alpe d'Huez) and 5th stage 20 (Le Semnoz).

I'm not saying it needs to be great, but certainly he deserves more than a 64.
Edited by Kentaurus on 25-07-2014 21:07
AZTECA - NBCSN pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/azt.png

Dusen
Kentaurus wrote:
Why would his recovery be so low? I know he fell apart this tour (after becoming a defacto leader), but in last years tour he was just as strong late as he was early. 6th stage 18 (Alpe d'Huez) and 5th stage 20 (Le Semnoz).

Well he does have at least that 1 bad day in pretty much all the grand tours he have riden regardless of being captain or helper.

So i guess that could be a fair reason to cut his RES a bit, maybe not that much, but a little bit lower than other GC riders.

lakebeach
kida wrote:
lakebeach wrote:
kida wrote:
He's ridden 6 GT's before this TdF started. He finished 7th in the 2010 Giro and IMO that was helped by being in the break. He finished 19th last year but aside from that he's finished 81,72,89,68 in GT's. I'll give you his positions in week long stage races are better. So maybe you're right when you say 79MO but a low(ish) REC stat.

You can't decide his mountain stat only looking at his results as a team mate. He has only had two opportunities riding for himself in GT's, Giro 2010 and Tour 2014. He has served as a team mate in the rest of the grand tours he's ridden.

Ok let me see if I'm on the same page as you:

You can't use results to come up with stats unless the results were gained when the rider was riding for himself and not as a team mate.

I mean you want to give Porte an 80 for climbing because he finished 7th when he was riding for himself(he's riding for himself at the moment and he's getting beaten by Ben Gastauer, who's working for other riders). So F/E Gadret, Mollema, Gesink should have a higher MO stat because they've finished higher than Porte in a GT whilst riding as leaders.

Am I on the right page?

Well, my only point is that it's important to concider what he has actually done in the races, and to not only look at the results.
"It's very hard to work with other guys because nobody wants to work with me so it's better to drop everybody." - Peter Sagan

baseballlover312
Because he can never put together a string of good stages. For every few he does well, he completely boinks in a bunch of others, not just 1 or 2. This Tour he has done nothing. He boinked, took days recovering, and then still never attacked or featured again.

I say 64 rec represents him because in all honesty, a few recovery points here or there among the contenders means absolutely nothing in game. If you want it to actually have an impact, that's how low you have to go.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

kida
Kentaurus wrote:

He also blew up big time on stage 9 of last years tour and lost 18 minutes. Which seems the norm for Porte during a GT.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
admirschleck
I agree with Kent. Can't see the strong reason to be so harsh on Porte and his REC stat. He was sick this year and he clearly took a "rest" day last year on the tour (on the stage when he lost shitload of time), but he always was there with Froome in 2nd and 3rd week, where only few guys could follow this duo. We don't have inconsistency stat in PCM, and it definitely isn't something that should be compensated by a bad recovery stat.

However, I am not saying he deserves a top recovery stat. Some low 70's should be fine, I think.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
I agree with Kent. Can't see the strong reason to be so harsh on Porte and his REC stat. He was sick this year and he clearly took a "rest" day last year on the tour (on the stage when he lost shitload of time), but he always was there with Froome in 2nd and 3rd week, where only few guys could follow this duo. We don't have inconsistency stat in PCM, and it definitely isn't something that should be compensated by a bad recovery stat.

However, I am not saying he deserves a top recovery stat. Some low 70's should be fine, I think.

No. that just doesn't work. Recovery is not effected by only small gaps. I rode the Giro with Dan martin and got 3rd. He has 70 recovery, and still he barely dropped off. I've run other tests with him as AI. There is little decrease in performance in 3rd week. he lost like 2 GC spots.

If you want the stat to mean something, you actually have to treat it as it's own stat, rather than a backup stat to mtn. If you do that, Porte is in the 60s.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

kida
admirschleck wrote:

Regarding Porte and being ill, didn't Mollema say he was ill too?

From a Porte/Sky fan on another forum

"The illness is a smokescreen by Sky. When he got shelled the rider himself said he wasn't coping with the heat well, no mention of illness. The DS said illness a couple of days later".

Kentaurus
From my playing so far, recovery is far more important for your support riders than your GC rider. How fair that is compared to the real world is questionable, but it is how this game is playing for me so far.

As a note, I would have no problem with Porte being ~68, I just feel 64 is too low.
Edited by Kentaurus on 25-07-2014 21:36
AZTECA - NBCSN pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/azt.png

Naskela
admirschleck wrote:

He took a rest day? Froome were attacked trough the whole day there is no way he would let him go resting, Porte was driving like crazy to get back to the leader group i remember it like yesterday. But i don't support that low rec if his mountain stat is 78 probably raise it a bit.
Edited by Naskela on 25-07-2014 21:50
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Dancycling
I think you should wait before lowering Porte and see what happens in the TT. If we don't see him doing well there it will be evident that he is not at his best in terms of fitness, so he shouldn't be lowered.

madzdaman
Dancycling wrote:
I think you should wait before lowering Porte and see what happens in the TT. If we don't see him doing well there it will be evident that he is not at his best in terms of fitness, so he shouldn't be lowered.

so if he does well he should be lowered?

Dancycling
Yes. As odd as that sounds

zeus1001
Guys!!! Porte is a fantastic teamrider specially in the mountains.... You have to keep in mind, that he got injured at least two times, this year... In the last Year, on the Tour, he destroyed most of Froome's competition by himself... I think he sould have a good rec and mountains stats as well...
Edited by zeus1001 on 26-07-2014 00:08

madzdaman
i think he'd still be a decent helper with say 77 mon and 70 rec, without being a leader. may not be as accurate but if we're being accurate, he has been very bad this season, so should be even lower. He may become better next year, but we can change the stats accordingly. for now, he's been a disappointment for a year now.

The Hobbit
madzdaman wrote:
i think he'd still be a decent helper with say 77 mon and 70 rec, without being a leader. may not be as accurate but if we're being accurate, he has been very bad this season, so should be even lower. He may become better next year, but we can change the stats accordingly. for now, he's been a disappointment for a year now.

I don't see how you can say he has been a disapointment when he has barely even raced. I think he is in a similar situation to Rodriguez, he came into the Tour in terrible shape, Porte looking to help Froome as best as he could, Rodriguez obviously going for the KOM.

The reason people aren't lowering Purito's stats are that he showed some early form, and that he isn't really peaking for the Tour. Porte didn't get to show any early form because he was always getting injuries or problems. His peak was obviously the Giro, which he probably would have podiumed at least, had he been there. If we ranked Porte on this season, he'd be about 72 mt, if you did on last season, he'd be 80. Neither really represents where Porte is at on his day though, which is what makes this so hard, as we can't know.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
It's possible!
It's possible!