View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
Waghlon
issoisso wrote:
CrueTrue wrote:
Congrats, p3druh Smile

And what a close Tour. 2 seconds in the GC and 1 point in the Points Classification. Got to feel a little sorry for British Airways and Festina.

Admit it, you replayed the stage over and over until waghlon got screwed

That have to be the explanation. But GG Smile
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
SportingNonsense
Team Rankings Update

As had been hoped, the Tour de France has thrown the team rankings ride open once again. Who will win? Who will relegate? And who will take the positions inbetween? We are truly no closer to finding out as we enter the final stage of the season, with the 3 big races now behind us.

4 teams took over 100 points from the race, the teams of the Top 4 riders in GC, but right at the bottom were ProTour leaders La Gazetta dello Sport.

1SIC Radical - Timberland1208
2Wikipedia1189
3Philips - Hummel1164
4British Airways - Martini1139
5Rabobank831
6Warner Brothers825
7American Suzuki782
8Festina - Seiko776
9Virgin Media - Caisse d'Epargne738
10Crédit Lyonnais717
11Accumalux-Huez697
12Team B&O690
13Unicef RT638
14Lipton Ice Tea627
15Eurosport599
16Domina Vacanze459
17White Bear - Wild Horse256
18La Gazzetta dello Sport239

La Gazetta do still lead the standings, but what once was a lead of over 1000, is now a lead of just 301. Wikipedia have closed them down, and set up what will hopefully be a close and exciting battle to end the season - each have races where they will outscore the other.

Up front it does seem to be a 2 horse race now though, with a 709 point gap between Wikipedia and Domina Vacanze. Domina are still benefiting from their Vuelta, but it will be very hard for them to maintain 3rd as the chasing group of Lipton, Festina, Accumalux and Rabobank remain close - but they themselves may soon have to be wary of SIC Radical, Philips and Virgin, who are now that far behind.

Credit Lyonnais and Unicef seem on course for a solid finish, but the likes of White Bear, Warner Brothers and B&O may need to start placing wary looks behind them as a strong run from 2 or more of the 3 main relegation contenders could throw them into difficulty.

Those main 3, as they have been pretty much all season, are American Suzuki, British Airways and Eurosport. American Suzuki have picked up a 200 point cushion now, but they are going to need it - Karpets is done for the season, while Serpa and Davis may struggle to score much more.
British Airways have now moved back up to 17th, albeit only 10 points ahead of Eurosport, and they could now even be the favourite of the 3 to survive with Stijn Devolder expected to go well in TONE.

1La Gazzetta dello Sport7388
2Wikipedia7087
3Domina Vacanze6378
4Lipton Ice Tea6015
5Festina - Seiko5984
6Accumalux-Huez5830
7Rabobank5797
8Philips - Hummel5359
9SIC Radical - Timberland5309
10Virgin Media - Caisse d'Epargne5225
11Crédit Lyonnais4797
12Unicef RT4550
13White Bear - Wild Horse4381
14Warner Brothers4365
15Team B&O4163
16American Suzuki3796
17British Airways - Martini3562
18Eurosport3552

i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/ptgraph2.png
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

Setzel
wow i managed to get nearly 500 points in TdF that's something from the weakest line-up in France
Eating my daily Breakfast at 9 pm

i56.tinypic.com/2zoxd05.jpg

SportingNonsense
Setzel wrote:
wow i managed to get nearly 500 points in TdF that's something from the weakest line-up in France

Clearly your lineup was stronger than White Bear and La Gazetta's Wink

Setzel
SportingNonsense wrote:
Setzel wrote:

Clearly your lineup was stronger than White Bear and La Gazetta's Wink

Yeah but i clearly overachieved here , so i still have the chance to finish in top 5 team rankings the finale of the season will be very close fought
Eating my daily Breakfast at 9 pm

i56.tinypic.com/2zoxd05.jpg

p3druh
500 points between Sic Radical and 11th place. Gotta hold that 'till the end, win the Vuelta a Asturias and get 11 stage wins to keep the sponsors happy.

Yeah, I can see Sic Radical making that (or not) Pfft
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

mrlol
300 pts ahead still... I'm starting to believe I could win it. Top 2 for sure.
Also for Cunego, with a bit of luck, the gap to Schleck is not impossible.

www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
fenian_1234
Good final stage in Paris - but Eurosport look well and truly out of out it.

rjc_43
That takes the fucking piss.

EDIT: And that's the last effing time I ever send anyone of any good to do the Tour. Ever.
Edited by rjc_43 on 30-12-2009 18:05
[url=cleavercycling.co.uk]imageprocessor.websimages.com/width/420/www.cleavercycling.co.uk/CleaverCyclingWebHeader.png[/url]

http://cleavercycling.co.uk
SotD
pissing fuck to lose 2 spots on the final TT. Losing over a minute on 2 riders quite similar is just not good enough. Those 2 places would've been gold, but what to do. Luckily Hushovd managed to bridge Steegmans who was nowhere on the last stage. Unfortunately Boonen wins green by ONE point :-(

No shirts = unlucky Tour. Had my hopes up for something better, but luckily I managed to take up 1 spot in the GC and the sprint competition. No stagewins, and a dissapointing GC. Well. I hope to be doing better in the coming races. Should be possible... Contador will probably be going free next season though, as he has dissapointed me very much all season.

Congrats on winning the Tour though :-)
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 08:41
Bot Agent

IP: None  
p3druh
CrueTrue wrote:
Congrats, p3druh Smile

SotD wrote:
Congrats on winning the Tour though :-)

Thanks Wink
Edited by p3druh on 30-12-2009 18:40
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

dave92
great performance overall to grab 15th and a brilliant tt to win. Spilak was really surprising but lucky to grab the podium with Plaza's misfortune. Definately take the white jersey though. I can't really see my team closing on Gazzeta with Di Luca, Bennati, and Cunego probably targeting the classics. I will have to rely on huge performances in all of the stage races and chrono des herbiers.
Manager of Wikipedia, 2008 Continental Tour Champions
Team Page: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3992
Media: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3791

mrlol
dave92 wrote:
great performance overall to grab 15th and a brilliant tt to win. Spilak was really surprising but lucky to grab the podium with Plaza's misfortune. Definately take the white jersey though. I can't really see my team closing on Gazzeta with Di Luca, Bennati, and Cunego probably targeting the classics. I will have to rely on huge performances in all of the stage races and chrono des herbiers.

Well, let's write it out against eachother so we can make a guess :0

Cunego and di Luca will only be racing together for the rest of the season; Badaling, Emillia, Lombardia and Japan Cup.
For Bennati there is Seine Marne Seine and Fourmies
De la Fuente has Asturias for whaterver it's worth (hopefully top 10)
The for Herbiers I got Rogers going for the win Pfft (and Ford + Posthuma).
Rogers also has Deutschland and Asturias. Hoping him to do good in the TT's and then hang on in the mountains.

And that's about it. As you can see, the 4 hilly/mountainous classics are my main aim from now on, with my strongest lineup in all of them, but obviously there will be a lot of competition as well (Schleck and others)

dave92
im not gonna bother with the classics as by best man in those is pineua. Asturias I have a bit of a leg up with Uran, and in Germany I have Spilak, who i am hoping can pull something off in Northern Europe. Then my last chance is big performacnes from Dave Z, Coppel, and Keizer in Chrono des Herbiers.

Bennati could be key i have to hope he is sprinting for lower places somehow.

rycadinho
Just being curious but how are the stages being raced?
I've followed this game now for a week and i must say it looks funny to be part of Smile

SportingNonsense
rycadinho wrote:
I've followed this game now for a week and i must say it looks funny to be part of Smile

The person who does the races takes part of a control team. A few useless riders who do nothing in the race, theyre just there in order to finish. The person doing the races largely ignores them, and just focuses on whats happening in the race - we just let the AI race itself, and then report what happens.

Managers have their own team - they make it in the transfer season, and then choose which riders to send to which races. (Continental teams also choose which races to go to)
Edited by SportingNonsense on 30-12-2009 19:58

rycadinho
SportingNonsense wrote:
rycadinho wrote:

The person who does the races takes part of a control team. A few useless riders who do nothing in the race, theyre just there in order to finish. The person doing the races largely ignores them, and just focuses on whats happening in the race - we just let the AI race itself, and then report what happens.

Okay thanks for the fast answer Smile

mrlol
dave92 wrote:
im not gonna bother with the classics as by best man in those is pineua. Asturias I have a bit of a leg up with Uran, and in Germany I have Spilak, who i am hoping can pull something off in Northern Europe. Then my last chance is big performacnes from Dave Z, Coppel, and Keizer in Chrono des Herbiers.

Bennati could be key i have to hope he is sprinting for lower places somehow.

Yeah, the races Bennati has migth end up with hilly race results as well...

It's going to be close, but considering my 300pt lead, I do think I have the upper hand Smile

dave92
yeah, i can see my team matching your results if it goes well but overtaking your great team will be really difficult. I am just pleased that i have a sizeable cushion to 3rd as at the beginning of the season a top 5 would have been considered a great result. Should be interesting though, looking forward to it.

Levi4life
According to my tally BMC scored 461 points in this race. I motion to add those points to our CT total. BMC was also 6th and 8th in the Young rider classification, 8th in the points and 8th in the team competition. No stage win though.
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
TDF13: Ventoux