jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
Majka ahead of Van garderen, Pozzovivo, Rolland, and Talansky.

I'm laughing my ass off right now. Seriously. You know the Tour isn't the only race of the year Majka was in.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

bob7

I'm laughing my ass off right now. Seriously. You know the Tour isn't the only race of the year Majka was in.

In which race Majka was leader in his Team ? In Giro he was 6th and he was sick in 3rd week. Talansky wins Dauphine, because he got a lot of luck. Pozzovivo is more like Valverde, better in hills

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
baseballlover312
bob7 wrote:

In which race Majka was leader in his Team ? In Giro he was 6th and he was sick in 3rd week. Talansky wins Dauphine, because he got a lot of luck. Pozzovivo is more like Valverde, better in hills

Don't you realize that majka isn't the elader of his team most of the time. But you give him 79 and half of the WT races he is full leader for Tinfoff. it's the way the game works.

Also can you link me to somewhere saying Majka was sick the last week of Giro? He seemed to be riding fine. But behind Rolland and Pozzovivo. that was his peak race of the year.

Talansky didn't get "luck" in the Dauphine. He played his cards and came out the strongest.

And Van Garderen had a bad day on stage 16, but has been consistent besides that, while Majka has been erratic and only did what he did because he was not a contender for GC.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

masch20
Talansky still finished ahead of Nibali in Dauphine even without last stage...it is beyond me to see what riders are rated higher than him.
Majka 78 at most.

bob7
Don't you realize that majka isn't the elader of his team most of the time. But you give him 79 and half of the WT races he is full leader for Tinfoff. it's the way the game works.

He is second leader in Tinkoff, only behind Contador. Majka could have 78 I can agree with this, okay. But I have no doubt he isn't worst than Van Garderen and on the same level as Pozzovivo. Van Garderen is boring rider, I hate look at him. He should be called "Tejay '6th place' Van Garderen".

Dusen
baseballlover312 wrote:
bob7 wrote:

Also can you link me to somewhere saying Majka was sick the last week of Giro? He seemed to be riding fine. But behind Rolland and Pozzovivo. that was his peak race of the year.

Talansky didn't get "luck" in the Dauphine. He played his cards and came out the strongest.

And Van Garderen had a bad day on stage 16, but has been consistent besides that, while Majka has been erratic and only did what he did because he was not a contender for GC.

The commentators on danish tv went on and on about Majka being ill in the last week of the Giro so that is true.

Weather he is 77-78-79 or 80 i dunno. But he was ill in the giro Smile

baseballlover312
Dusen wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
bob7 wrote:

The commentators on danish tv went on and on about Majka being ill in the last week of the Giro so that is true.

Did it ever occur to you that he rides for Tinkoff- Saxo, which was formerly and still is kind of Danish. they could say anything. I want it in writing. It would be big news if it were true, so it shouldn't be so hard to find.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

bob7
Check Rafa's facebook

admirschleck
baseballlover312 wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that he rides for Tinkoff- Saxo, which was formerly and still is kind of Danish. they could say anything. I want it in writing. It would be big news if it were true, so it shouldn't be so hard to find.

It's not like you're not talking in favour of fellow Americans (Talansky & TVG), either.

Btt anyways, I think that Majka should definitely be on Talansky's and Rolland's level, while TVG and Pozzovivo could be 1 stat higher than him.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

It's not like you're not talking in favour of fellow Americans (Talansky & TVG), either.

Btt anyways, I think that Majka should definitely be on Talansky's and Rolland's level, while TVG and Pozzovivo could be 1 stat higher than him.

Of course I am, but I have results as evidence. And it seems as though you are actually agreeing with me completely anyway.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Dusen
baseballlover312 wrote:
Dusen wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
bob7 wrote:

You have decided that you don't want to believe it, there is nothing anyone can do to change that then.

baseballlover312
Dusen wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Dusen wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
bob7 wrote:

You have decided that you don't want to believe it, there is nothing anyone can do to change that then.

Yes there is, a bit of evidence. But alas, it doesn't matter.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Dusen
[quote]baseballlover312 wrote:

https://sporten.tv...t-det-hele

Surely you can find a translater. But basicly he have had stomach problems for several days.

Now you will probalbly call bullshit and says the danish media is just buying this straight away, and thats fine, but you got your "evidence" now Smile

baseballlover312
Fair enough, but his performance didn't exactly have a decline in the 3rd week.

Either way, I believe in making stats based on actual results, not what they could have been. that's what makes the game realistic.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

bob7
I don't get it. An hour ago you claimed
the Tour isn't the only race of the year Majka was in
and now you said that
I believe in making stats based on actual results, not what they could have been.

You are inconsistent.
Edited by bob7 on 24-07-2014 23:49

baseballlover312
bob7 wrote:
I don't get it. An hour ago you claimed
the Tour isn't the only race of the year Majka was in
and now you said that
I believe in making stats based on actual results, not what they could have been.

You are inconsistent.

I don't see the conteradiction. i'm simply taking his Giro results into account. He got 6th. Don't factor in sickness.

That doesn't mean you don't factor in how the races were won or done well in, ecause the ways he won it are very possible with 78 mountain, with the way daily form and other things impact the racing in PCM 14.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Naskela
Pellizotti2 wrote:
While it doesn't really matter to me at all, since I've all but stopped playing PCM - I do think that many of you are underrating Purito.

Putting him on par with or around f. e. Valverde and several points below Contador, Froome and Quintana doesn't seem fair, when he beat all of them in Catalunya - which is basically the only race he has ridden in good form without being affected by crashes this year.

For me, he's right up there with the very best.

Well Van Garderen beated him on the 4th and hardest stage in Catalunya i still have Purito higher by one point. Im just saying most people have him higher than he most likely deserves until proved otherwise. Daily is not going to downgrade him much so i wouldn't be too concerned if i were you. NOTE: Catalunya was pretty much specialized for a rider like Purito.
Edited by Naskela on 25-07-2014 02:39
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Dancycling
admirschleck wrote:
Dancycling wrote:
admirschleck wrote:
Wow. Such a great argument that is. So creative. And yet no other rider is smart enough (good enough actually) to follow Kittel, just Sagan? I think it's pretty much great strategy and power.

Other than that, there's no "wheelsucking" stat in PCM, so you can't really rate it that way.

Your forgetting that not every race is the TDF. He'll still lose to guys like Modolo, Demare and Kristoff quite easily in these smaller sprints, without guys like Kittel, Cav and Greipel, and hilly stage sprints (where you actually see him sprinting) but if you give him a 79, he will shit on them in PCM.

No. Please go and look at Sagan's ProCyclingStats profile and then come up here with something better and more accurate than that Sagan is only riding Tour on high level. Actually, it's completely opposite, he's one of the rare that tries (and gives) to give his all in all races he ride.\

Also generally, you guys are underrating Sagan alot. Whoever (95%) beat him in a sprint on this TdF is at least 1 stat higher than him in SP or at least on the same level of his. Secondary stats has nothing to do with this, as it's mostly pure sprinting.

baseballlover312 wrote:
Also I think this tour proves how overrated Kwiatek is.

No, it only proves how you can't keep your form up on highest level (that's needed for a good TdF result) for more than 5 months.

Woah! All I am saying is that when Sagan has no wheel to suck, he won't be able to out sprint the riders whom he usually does when on Kittel or Cav's wheel, and rating him at 79 will mean that he will which is unrealistic.
Btw, Kwiatkowski is overrated in mountains but his other stats are fine.

Dancycling
baseballlover312 wrote:
Fair enough, but his performance didn't exactly have a decline in the 3rd week.

Either way, I believe in making stats based on actual results, not what they could have been. that's what makes the game realistic.

Be careful because if you say this, Talansky could be impacted as he has not performed well in the Tour, disregarding crashes. Grin

Dancycling
In entirety, this tour should have no impact on Majkas stats as you should really judge a rider by his peak, which was, in Majkas case the giro.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Cycling Manager Online: Tour de France
Fantasy Betting