jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
I've said before there is no way that Majka is 79/80. I'd be willing to put him at 78, but I still am really confused as to how he became the world's best climber mid way through the race.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Jesleyh
Provisionally, we have:
Quintana on 82 with high REC instead of 83.
Pinot 80, Peraud 80, Majka 79, Valv 79
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

baseballlover312
Every single time he placed highly it was from a break or a long attack. he never fought toe to toe with the big contenders. He always managed an outsider attack. you put him on those stats and he could do giant GC things. His Giro performance should still be a factor.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Naskela
baseballlover312 wrote:
I've said before there is no way that Majka is 79/80. I'd be willing to put him at 78, but I still am really confused as to how he became the world's best climber mid way through the race.

I agree and especially after placing 6-7 in the Giro i would rather have him at 78 with high recovery, he will always be a mystery for me! i would add the work Rui Costa did for Quintana last year along with two stage wins in the tour and doing well in most races he was in which earned him 77 in mountains so i definitely don't support 79 on Majka.
Edited by Naskela on 24-07-2014 16:56
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Ian Butler
Van Avermaet needs some MO boost, too Smile

gotlandrules
Jesleyh wrote:
Provisionally, we have:
Quintana on 82 with high REC instead of 83.
Pinot 80, Peraud 80, Majka 79, Valv 79

Valv lower then Pinot and Peraud after being marginally slower then them in the mountains in _one_ tour? He should be on atleast the same MO stat as them given his (pretty recent) history, can't just judge on one tour.

Edit: And as said, Majka is still a 78 MO guy, can't just forget his Giro after a few good climbs in the tour, if Majka is 79 then Aru should be 80...
Edited by gotlandrules on 24-07-2014 17:06

bajbar
Just to remind you. Majka crashed quite heavily in the Giro and was in doubts of continuing the race. He did continue. Then he got a stomach bug (before the Val Martello stage) and had to suffer through the mountain TT. If it wasn't for that TT he would be on the podium (or very close to Aru at least, as the were on same time bofore the TT and Majka outclimbed him on Zoncolan). So Majka 79 at least for me. No way he keeps up with the top guys (bar Nibali) with 77/78.

baseballlover312
bajbar wrote:
Just to remind you. Majka crashed quite heavily in the Giro and was in doubts of continuing the race. He did continue. Then he got a stomach bug (before the Val Martello stage) and had to suffer through the mountain TT. If it wasn't for that TT he would be on the podium (or very close to Aru at least, as the were on same time bofore the TT and Majka outclimbed him on Zoncolan). So Majka 79 at least for me. No way he keeps up with the top guys (bar Nibali) with 77/78.

The top guys? Like Van Garderen, who is and will be 78? He's only done that once anyway, others were breaks. With the way outsiders can do well in PCM 14, i don't see thew problem with it.

Honestly with the Daily stats so out of wack in my opinion, IDK if there will be a single good DB this year...
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
Peraud 79 for me, but high REC. Valv 79 (maybe even 78) but lower REC and Majka 78. I dont care about these arguments people make about beating the top GC guys. He wasn't racing for the GC, so he will be a lot fresher. Lets not forget he started his stage wins on the climbs before all the other favourites and it should be considered that he was being caught by all the GC guys then. Its not like he was pulling away.

Although if Quintana is on 82, I'd have Nibali at 81 and then no one else from this tour higher than a 79 (Pinot/Peraud) 78 (Valv)

gotlandrules
valverde321 wrote:
Peraud 79 for me, but high REC. Valv 79 (maybe even 78) but lower REC and Majka 78. I dont care about these arguments people make about beating the top GC guys. He wasn't racing for the GC, so he will be a lot fresher. Lets not forget he started his stage wins on the climbs before all the other favourites and it should be considered that he was being caught by all the GC guys then. Its not like he was pulling away.

Although if Quintana is on 82, I'd have Nibali at 81 and then no one else from this tour higher than a 79 (Pinot/Peraud) 78 (Valv)

Agree with all of this except that i would have Valverde also at 79.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
gotlandrules wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

He'd still have a very high (the highest?) hill stat of all the GC riders so if the ratio wasn't 100% mountain he'd be strong, much like real life actually. It pains me to say, but the first week he wasn't that strong. 2nd week looked okay, maybe like he was building form for the 3rd week, but 3rd week he just looked way too tired. I suppose that would play more in to REC and he did actually attack on the descent today which may or may not have tired him out for the Hautacam. (If we are using the logic that Sagan wont drop to a 78 sprint just because he attacked on the descent and later got beaten by 75-ish sprinters in a small bunch sprint)

Edit: The more I think, 79 does make more sense.

But Im not going to get into Sagan deserving 78 SPR instead of 79 Pfft
Edited by valverde321 on 24-07-2014 18:02

Naskela
gotlandrules wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

Valverde followed Nibali pretty good in the first and a half week so maybe lower (REC), of course the climbs were not the hardest but he is going for the Vuelta as well so take that into consideration against riders who goes all in for the tour like Pinot and Peraud and he was third last year.
Edited by Naskela on 24-07-2014 18:02
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

dark_x2012
valverde321 wrote:

Majka's wins came from the breakaway, but on both stages he won time on everybody but Nibali and Peraud who then was smart enough to wheelsuck Nibali.
Plus being in a breakaway automatically removes freshness. Don't forget he had the Giro in his legs Wink The only stage you can use as an argument is stage 13 where he was well rested and still was beating guys (well maybe not him but Konig Embarassed ) even after Nibali's attack.
Edited by dark_x2012 on 24-07-2014 18:04

valverde321
dark_x2012 wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

Majka's wins came from the breakaway, but on both stages he won time on everybody but Nibali and Peraud who then was smart enough to wheelsuck Nibali.
Plus being in a breakaway automatically removes freshness. Don't forget he had the Giro in his legs Wink The only stage you can use as an argument is stage 13 where he was well rested and still was beating guys (well maybe not him but Konig Embarassed ) even after Nibali's attack.

Not if you just sit in the group of 20 riders for the first 3/4 of the stage....

And Majka pretty much sat on Konig's wheel all the way up that climb. Im pretty sure Konig doesn't have 79 MO either. He certainly didn't seem superiour to Konig on that day.

dark_x2012
valverde321 wrote:
dark_x2012 wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

Not if you just sit in the group of 20 riders for the first 3/4 of the stage....

And Majka pretty much sat on Konig's wheel all the way up that climb. Im pretty sure Konig doesn't have 79 MO either. He certainly didn't seem superiour to Konig on that day.

And the others don't sit in the peleton by that logic Rolling Eyes

Arberg27
83: Froome
82: Quintana, Nibali, Contador
80: Rodríguez, Uran, Pinot, Peraud, Aru
79: Majka, Kreuziger, TJ, Valverde, Bardet

dark_x2012
Arberg27 wrote:
83: Froome
82: Quintana, Nibali, Contador
80: Rodríguez, Uran, Pinot, Peraud, Aru
79: Majka, Kreuziger, TJ, Valverde, Bardet

Uran & Bardet -1 Contador&Quintana +1
P.S. I'm biased against Froome so can be a bit harsh against him.

jarneke1404
I can be wrong, but i don't think so : In my game, there is no difference between the REC stats, to prove that, i set the REC stat of Porte to 55 , which is not very overrated Grin and he still ends 2nd in the tour
Edited by jarneke1404 on 24-07-2014 18:59

bajbar
83: Froome, Contador
82: Quintana, Nibali
80: Rodriguez, Aru (?), Pinot, Peraud
79: Uran, Majka, Kreuziger, Valverde, Pozzovivo
78: Talansky, Porte, Kelderman, TVG, Bardet

baseballlover312
Yeah. majka ahead of Talansky. :lol: