· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
Yeah, if YOU play with him. What about the situation when you choose to play as another team and he starts failing hard, because the game is not programmed so that certain guy only follow others wheel and get valuable points there?

People said the same thing about his hill before, but in the end it's not only about the results he can get, but the ones he can't.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

toon83
So are we settling on 80 sp for sagan?
what about his flat, cob, acc, hil, res, rec and stamina stats?

And would anyone have bouhanni at higher stats than Demare?

Naskela
admirschleck wrote:
Lolwut Sagan at 78? How can you get [url=hhttps://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/Peter_Sagan]those results[/url] with 78 SP? Okay, he's not the fastest guy, but 5 stats below Kittel? That's way too much. He's between 79 and 80 for me.

He is nowhere near the same he was last year and the year before in a flat sprint he would never beat riders like Kittel and Cavendish so i think 78 is fair, his backup stats would make him a favorite in most hilly stages anyway which makes it realistic. 78 is still pretty good stats, in my db Coquard, Viviani and Modolo is all 78 and Sagan with his backup stats (ACC,END) would make him far better than those i mentioned even in a flat sprint and finish top 5 in pretty much every flat stage in the tour which also is realistic comparing from his results this TDF.

And would anyone have bouhanni at higher stats than Demare?
I think i have him at 80 while Demare is 79, he is more of a classical sprinter so his backup stats make him better even with 79.
Edited by Naskela on 22-07-2014 21:17
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Tafiolmo
The big problem dropping Sagan below 80sp is that he's probably not going to earn enough points to really challenge for the points jersey in the TDF. Sure he's got a lot of climbing stats better than other sprinters but the AI doesn't always use this to his benefit. Therefore to challenge he needs to consistently be guaranteed to pick up points in the sprints and 80 kind of guarantees that he will be in with a strong chance to do so.

Jesleyh
We have Sagan currently on 79SP and 83ACC. Without Cav, he should be able to get the results he has now, or at least close. PCM just is limited regarding that, that's true.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Dancycling
admirschleck wrote:
Wow. Such a great argument that is. So creative. And yet no other rider is smart enough (good enough actually) to follow Kittel, just Sagan? I think it's pretty much great strategy and power.

Other than that, there's no "wheelsucking" stat in PCM, so you can't really rate it that way.

Your forgetting that not every race is the TDF. He'll still lose to guys like Modolo, Demare and Kristoff quite easily in these smaller sprints, without guys like Kittel, Cav and Greipel, and hilly stage sprints (where you actually see him sprinting) but if you give him a 79, he will shit on them in PCM.

Tafiolmo
Jesleyh wrote:
We have Sagan currently on 79SP and 83ACC. Without Cav, he should be able to get the results he has now, or at least close. PCM just is limited regarding that, that's true.

On mine he has 80SP and 82ACC BUT with Cavendish on 82SP 84ACC Kittel 83SP 83ACC Greipel 82SP 81ACC he's probably not going to win the green jersey unless one of two of those crashes out, has bad form or you don't put them on the Tour startlist.

(also I've just changed some of these top sprinter stats recently to try and get a difference between the big three sprinters as most db hardly have a difference between them)

toon83
Is majka set for a stat upgrade in the pcm daily update?

jarneke1404
how much deserves majka? 79 mountain?

baseballlover312
Absolutely not. Maybe 78. But if you look at winning 2 stages from breaks, he's still 77 to me. That is in line with his Giro performance and he's only been good on spot stages in the Tour.

Also I think this tour proves how overrated Kwiatek is.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
Dancycling wrote:
admirschleck wrote:
Wow. Such a great argument that is. So creative. And yet no other rider is smart enough (good enough actually) to follow Kittel, just Sagan? I think it's pretty much great strategy and power.

Other than that, there's no "wheelsucking" stat in PCM, so you can't really rate it that way.

Your forgetting that not every race is the TDF. He'll still lose to guys like Modolo, Demare and Kristoff quite easily in these smaller sprints, without guys like Kittel, Cav and Greipel, and hilly stage sprints (where you actually see him sprinting) but if you give him a 79, he will shit on them in PCM.

No. Please go and look at Sagan's ProCyclingStats profile and then come up here with something better and more accurate than that Sagan is only riding Tour on high level. Actually, it's completely opposite, he's one of the rare that tries (and gives) to give his all in all races he ride.\

Also generally, you guys are underrating Sagan alot. Whoever (95%) beat him in a sprint on this TdF is at least 1 stat higher than him in SP or at least on the same level of his. Secondary stats has nothing to do with this, as it's mostly pure sprinting.

baseballlover312 wrote:

No, it only proves how you can't keep your form up on highest level (that's needed for a good TdF result) for more than 5 months.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
Dancycling wrote:
admirschleck wrote:

No. Please go and look at Sagan's ProCyclingStats profile and then come up here with something better and more accurate than that Sagan is only riding Tour on high level. Actually, it's completely opposite, he's one of the rare that tries (and gives) to give his all in all races he ride.\

Also generally, you guys are underrating Sagan alot. Whoever (95%) beat him in a sprint on this TdF is at least 1 stat higher than him in SP or at least on the same level of his. Secondary stats has nothing to do with this, as it's mostly pure sprinting.

baseballlover312 wrote:

No, it only proves how you can't keep your form up on highest level (that's needed for a good TdF result) for more than 5 months.

When was his form high after the Ardennes?
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
On Romandie, where he won a prologue and at the end of June, where he won NC ITT. It's true that he didn't race much from that point and had pretty bad Dauphine, but if you check his results in and before May, it's clear how he had some great results in all races he raced there.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Naskela
Majka deserves pretty big REC when it comes to Kwiat it is omegas fault, they race him to much. He is 76 MO if i remember correctly, i think that's correct for him.

AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
On Romandie, where he won a prologue and at the end of June, where he won NC ITT. It's true that he didn't race much from that point and had pretty bad Dauphine, but if you check his results in and before May, it's clear how he had some great results in all races he raced there.

Romandie was a prologue, and was 3 months ago. And winning the Polish TT championship is far from hard.

And I'm not talking about his punch, but his mountain.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
baseballlover312 wrote:
Romandie was a prologue, and was 3 months ago. And winning the Polish TT championship is far from hard.

It has nothing to do with his recent results, but the fact that he had some great results earlier in the season, basically in ever race he appeared, which means OPQS forced him a bit more than they should've. As you can see he only raced one race in those three months after Romandie (not counting NCs there), so it's normal to expect a free fall when it comes to his form. I wouldn't touch his stats yet.

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

It has nothing to do with his recent results, but the fact that he had some great results earlier in the season, basically in ever race he appeared, which means OPQS forced him a bit more than they should've. As you can see he only raced one race in those three months after Romandie (not counting NCs there), so it's normal to expect a free fall when it comes to his form. I wouldn't touch his stats yet.

But your the one who said he can't hold it for 5 months, when the last 3 he hasn't been pushed at all.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
Keeping form also means being able to keep it on trainings and similiar things while not officially racing.

Tafiolmo
I'm not sure if this question has ever been asked so I'll ask it.

As most know in modern cycling, it's very hard for a top GC rider to have both peak form on two tours like either the Giro and the Tour or the Tour and the Vuelta. This year a great example is Rolland, great form in the Giro but looking jaded in the Tour.

Now to recreate this realism in the game, I first thought of lowering for example Rolland's mtn stat a bit for the Tour, but then thought that the rec stat might be the better one to lower.

Just looking for opinions on the best way to do this and if so by how much should either the mtn or rec stat be lowered?

AiZaK
What do you think about Mountain Stats???

Froome 83
Contador 83
Quintana 83
Nibali 82
J. Rodriguez 81
Valverde 79/80
Majka 79/80
Pinot 80
Van Garderen 78/79

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username