TheManxMissile

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
I'd still rate Ten Dam at 77. Don't think he's done that much better than that comparatively.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

jarneke1404
can someone give me your opinion about the SP & ACC stats of :
Kittel
Cavendish
Greipel
Demare
Kristoff
Sagan
Degenkolb

And how should I make the difference between a power sprinter (like greipel, kristoff,...) and a pure sprinter (cavendish, coquard,...) ?
Edited by jarneke1404 on 20-07-2014 18:30

Jesleyh
@Ten Dam/Mollema/some others
It's all a bit early to decide the exact stat, it will depend of future stages(and of course the rest of the season Wink).

@Jarneke
I think ACC can decide that. Greipel and Kristoff have a bit lower ACC atm.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Tafiolmo
Riis123 wrote:
This is my stats for the climbers:

82:
Quintana
Contador
Froome

81:
Rodriguez
Nibali

80:
Valverde

79:
Porte
Uran
Kreuziger
Aru
Majka

78:
Mollema
Peraud
Nieve
Bardet
Pinot
Pozzovivo
TJVG
Talansky
Horner
Rui Costa
Betancur

The stats don't look bad but I tend to use a max of 83 for the best in either mtn or sprints. In Mtns of those above 80 I'd say the below, but then you've also got to take 'rec' into the equation as well. But I guess most people would have similar stats anyway.

83:
Froome
82:
Quintana
Contador
81:
Nibali (but could be 82)
Rodriguez
80:
Valverde
Edited by Tafiolmo on 20-07-2014 23:33

Tafiolmo
jarneke1404 wrote:
can someone give me your opinion about the SP & ACC stats of :
Kittel
Cavendish
Greipel
Demare
Kristoff
Sagan
Degenkolb

And how should I make the difference between a power sprinter (like greipel, kristoff,...) and a pure sprinter (cavendish, coquard,...) ?

As Jesley said, give the power sprinters less acc and you should also think of them as classics men as well, so they should have great flat, cobble usually and high endurance, meaning that they can win sprints after long hard races like the Milan San Remo or Gent Wevelgem for example.

Riis123
Tafiolmo wrote:
Riis123 wrote:

82:
Quintana
Contador
Froome

81:
Rodriguez
Nibali

80:
Valverde

79:
Porte
Uran
Kreuziger
Aru
Majka

78:
Mollema
Peraud
Nieve
Bardet
Pinot
Pozzovivo
TJVG
Talansky
Horner
Rui Costa
Betancur

The stats don't look bad but I tend to use a max of 83 for the best in either mtn or sprints. In Mtns of those above 80 I'd say the below, but then you've also got to take 'rec' into the equation as well. But I guess most people would have similar stats anyway.

83:
Froome
82:
Quintana
Contador
81:
Nibali (but could be 82)
Rodriguez
80:
Valverde

If someone was to have 83 of Froome, Contador and Quintana, I would honestly give the nod to Quintana. He was the better climber on the last stages last year in the Alps (And on the stages he was distanced on he was doing some long race attacks), but again, that could be the rec kicking in as well, because I feel there isnt any doubt that Quintana has the best rec of the GC-contenders. What also could be kicking in is my love for Quintana, but I dont think you can put Froome over Quintana at this moment in terms of pure climbing.

Tafiolmo
Riis123 wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:
Riis123 wrote:

82:
Quintana
Contador
Froome

81:
Rodriguez
Nibali

80:
Valverde

79:
Porte
Uran
Kreuziger
Aru
Majka

78:
Mollema
Peraud
Nieve
Bardet
Pinot
Pozzovivo
TJVG
Talansky
Horner
Rui Costa
Betancur

83:
Froome
82:
Quintana
Contador
81:
Nibali (but could be 82)
Rodriguez
80:
Valverde

If someone was to have 83 of Froome, Contador and Quintana, I would honestly give the nod to Quintana. He was the better climber on the last stages last year in the Alps (And on the stages he was distanced on he was doing some long race attacks), but again, that could be the rec kicking in as well, because I feel there isnt any doubt that Quintana has the best rec of the GC-contenders. What also could be kicking in is my love for Quintana, but I dont think you can put Froome over Quintana at this moment in terms of pure climbing.

The problem is Quintana was well above the rest in the Giro and Froome didn't ride the big climbs in this year's Tour. Froome on '83' has a lot to do with trying to recreate his crazy attacks that he can put in, as opposed to the constant pace of Quintana or Contador.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 20-07-2014 23:52

Riis123
Tge beauty of this is that no one is necassarily right or wrong at the moment. I think much of this will be settled in the Vuelta! Smile

toon83
So what about Peter Sagan and his stats.
I think I have him at something like this
FL 78/79
COB 78
SP 80
ACC 82
END 79/80
HILL 76

Average of 80.

Are these stats too high?

Cossack
admirschleck wrote:
You can find some info on that here: https://pcmdaily.c...admore=923 and in latest Weekly News ("PCM.daily DB Team additions" part).

Would it be possible to just upload a spreadsheet with your stats post-Tour so everybody can edit the DB themselves?

Riis123
toon83 wrote:
FL 78/79
COB 78
SP 80
ACC 82
END 79/80
HILL 76

Average of 80.

I feel like his sprint should be 78 or 79, or else he would shit on the other sprinters due to his higg supportive stats.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:26
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Dancycling
Riis123 wrote:
toon83 wrote:
FL 78/79
COB 78
SP 80
ACC 82
END 79/80
HILL 76

Average of 80.

I feel like his sprint should be 78 or 79, or else he would shit on the other sprinters due to his higg supportive stats.

78 sprint max imo. Personally, I would have him at 77 sprint. All he does is sit on wheels and I haven't seen him match or out sprint someone of 78 in ages

Anderis
I think Vansummeren is underrated in climbing. He is showing in this TdF, as he was showing in the last Vuelta, he can hang onto the group in some mountain stages for quite a long time. He's also often finishing around 60th in mountain stages recently. I would say 69MO and 68HI would do the justice. Or 68 MO and 67 HI at least (I don't think he is good on hills anymore).

Also remind you about Ben King. I was writing about him earlier, but I don't know if you have considered it already. He was only 67 MO in the last version of DB, but he is now finishing TdF mountain stages in top40 and was only 2 minutes behind the winner on Verbier during TdS.
Edited by Anderis on 21-07-2014 22:17

Riis123
Wait, are we talking about Abandon King? Pfft I honestly have no clue about those 2 riders you mentioned, all I can say is justice for Ion Izagirre. After those mountains I hope I'll not feel guilty anymore when overrating him in PCM.

Ollfardh
Anderis wrote:
I think Vansummeren is underrated in climbing. He is showing in this TdF, as he was showing in the last Vuelta, he can hang onto the group in some mountain stages for quite a long time. He's also often finishing around 60th in mountain stages recently. I would say 69MO and 68HI would do the justice. Or 68 MO and 67 HI at least (I don't think he is good on hills anymore).

Vansummeren was decent early in his carreer. Evans had a lot of help from him in their Lotto days. I think he also got a Podium in Gold Race at some point and a huge uphill attack in Tour de Pologne that gave him the overall win. Can't say he has shown much of that lately though. I think I had him at 71Mo/75hill at some point, but now it's a lot less in both.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Alakagom
Phewww, after all the JvdB discussion before I am glad we got his stats about right beforehand, although at this rate they may even get reduced Pfft
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Ollfardh
Alakagom wrote:
Phewww, after all the JvdB discussion before I am glad we got his stats about right beforehand, although at this rate they may even get reduced Pfft

As a strong defender against stat reduction earlier, I got to say that with his current results, 78 will no longer be an option Pfft
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

AiZaK
About sprinters I think:

Cavendish 83
Kittel 83
Greipel 81
Kristoff 81
Degenkolb 79
Sagan 79
Demare 79
Bouhanni 79
Viviani 79

dark_x2012
Sagan and Viviani 78 I think. Sagan's not as fast as Demare or Degenkolb. Viviani is just as fast as Sagan.

admirschleck
Lolwut Sagan at 78? How can you get [url=hhttps://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/Peter_Sagan]those results[/url] with 78 SP? Okay, he's not the fastest guy, but 5 stats below Kittel? That's way too much. He's between 79 and 80 for me.
Edited by admirschleck on 22-07-2014 09:24
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Hard Giro
Hard Giro