· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Tafiolmo
dark_x2012 wrote:
Brute force means a lot but so does technique - a serious lack for Froome and Martin. Also, yes, I think Porte is a much better cobbler than Froome mostly because he can handle his bike. Contador couldn't change his gears so he can't have ridden diferently.

Yes but brute force is essential for cobbles as a rider like Froome is always potentially going to be better than either riders like Contador or Quintana going over cobbles and as Atlanta had said he would've been fine with the likes of Thomas and Eisel protecting him and probably would've finished similar to Porte.

Also the stage was hardly an indicator of a true cobbled race anyway, as half the riders didn't know cobbles and were just looking to survive and limit their losess. Also the true cobbled riders like Cancellara and Vanmarcke had already peaked in the cobbled season and weren't at their best and let's face it the stage was hardly the Paris-Roubaix.

Wiggins has proved how a tt rider who beefs himself up can ride over cobbles when he needs/wants to. Tony Martin could do it as well if he focused on cobbles.

lakebeach
Cheng Ji 80 flat? Pfft
"It's very hard to work with other guys because nobody wants to work with me so it's better to drop everybody." - Peter Sagan

TimoCycling
lakebeach wrote:
Cheng Ji 80 flat? Pfft

Atleast 73/75 Imo. Very strong rider.

jarneke1404
how about the REC stats of Richie Porte, Jurgen Vdb and maybe Rui Costa?

Riis123
This is my stats for the climbers:

82:
Quintana
Contador
Froome

81:
Rodriguez
Nibali

80:
Valverde

79:
Porte
Uran
Kreuziger
Aru
Majka

78:
Mollema
Peraud
Nieve
Bardet
Pinot
Pozzovivo
TJVG
Talansky
Horner
Rui Costa
Betancur

Jesleyh
That is quite close to what we have right now.
Except for the fact that we put the best climbers on 83, which means that some of these riders are a level higher than in your suggestion.
It's all provisional atm though, a lot can still happen obviously Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Naskela
Except for the fact that we put the best climbers on 83

It looks allot better with 83 as a minimum in my opinion.

how about the REC stats of Richie Porte and Rui Costa?

It somewhat surprises me how high REC stat people had on Porte in all the recent dbs, he should be somewhere around Talansky. I think Rui Costa is sick so i would not change his REC that much if it was up to me Rolling Eyes

How do people feel about stats for Gastauer and Kristoff? I know its still early talking abt Mountain stats for Gastauer:/
Edited by Naskela on 20-07-2014 14:10
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Riis123
I have Gastaur on 73

dark_x2012
About Valverde, I think he has become more of a puncher than a climber, so I think his mountain should be 79

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:32
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Jesleyh
Valverde is more than 80HI anyway Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

dark_x2012
I know. I am talking about his mountain, which I don't think should be 80. Also, Porte hasn't done good in the mountains this season so I guess 78 mountain + low recovery for him

alex valceanu
Kelderman deserves a 78 , Van den Broeck as well .If Ten Dam keeps up than him too maybe . Rolland 77-78 ? In rest i kind of agree with your stats .
Edited by alex valceanu on 20-07-2014 16:27

maxime86
is it reasonable to say that Gallopin's hill stat, fighter stat and flat stat will be raised?

admirschleck
Yes.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Riis123
alex valceanu wrote:
Kelderman deserves a 78 , Van den Broeck as well .If Ten Dam keeps up than him too maybe . Rolland 77-78 ? In rest i kind of agree with your stats .

I completely forgot about Rolland, he is 78 as well. Kelderman i feel is fine at 77 at the moment (he will surely improve a lot) while i lowered VDB to 77 as I feel he is over the hill

dark_x2012
What about Frank Schleck? I think he deserves a small increase in mountains.

toon83
When is the planned PCM Daily, post tdf stat update expected? I would assume there will be one?

admirschleck
You can find some info on that here: https://pcmdaily.c...admore=923 and in latest Weekly News ("PCM.daily DB Team additions" part).
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Riis123
dark_x2012 wrote:

77 imo.

Naskela
is it reasonable to say that Gallopin's hill stat, fighter stat and flat stat will be raised?

In my Db i have him at (76 HIL) I don't feel he is quite there yet to compete with the best in the Ardennes so i think 76 would be fine!
Kelderman deserves a 78 , Van den Broeck as well .If Ten Dam keeps up than him too maybe . Rolland 77-78 ? In rest i kind of agree with your stats
Seems fine by me but what happens to Mollema? don't like to have 3 Belkins at (78 MO) 77 on Mollema sounds weird for me but maybe deserved...

When Pinot and TVG accelerate he have no chance of following so if they would be (78 MO) i would think Frank is (77)
Edited by Naskela on 20-07-2014 17:59
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots