View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
atlanta wrote:
Ah ok. Well still think he will be better than TJVG and Talansky by a long way. Put it this way every year he improves

So does Talansky... though I'd say TVG has stalled a lot.

But Tejay looks like he can actually keep up with the big guys on climbs now. That was his biggest fault was that he wasn't really that great of a climber. Thats a huge improvement for him, so I dont see how that is stalling.

But half of the time he's also cracking... I haven't seen his level improve since 2012. Sometimes he has good days.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
baseballlover312 wrote:
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
atlanta wrote:
Ah ok. Well still think he will be better than TJVG and Talansky by a long way. Put it this way every year he improves

But Tejay looks like he can actually keep up with the big guys on climbs now. That was his biggest fault was that he wasn't really that great of a climber. Thats a huge improvement for him, so I dont see how that is stalling.

But half of the time he's also cracking... I haven't seen his level improve since 2012. Sometimes he has good days.

Last year he couldn't beat guys from the American Tour like Acevedo. Now he's beating or keeping up with Froome, Contador, Uran, Purito etc in his better races. Thats a huge improvement.

baseballlover312
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
atlanta wrote:

Last year he couldn't beat guys from the American Tour like Acevedo. Now he's beating or keeping up with Froome, Contador, Uran, Purito etc in his better races. Thats a huge improvement.

He had a bad year last year IMO. In the 2012 TDF e was right with the 2nd tier contenders.

He's still improving and I am a big fan of him so I won't complain or argue it. Hope he does great in Le Tour as well as Talansky.

My point is that Talansky seems to get substantially better every year.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 10:31
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Anderis
baseballlover312 wrote:

Dunno if substantailly better every year is the right word.

2012:
7th Vuelta
2nd Tour de Romandie
1st Tour de l'Ain

2013:
10th Tour de France
2nd Paris-Nice
6th Criterium International

That doesn't look like a huge leap forward. This year can be better if he can keep up his perofrmance from Dauphine so far.

atlanta
Out of the two i see more promise in TJVG as you say Valverde he can keep up look at Catalunya he won a mountain stage. Imo i just don't think Talansky deserves 78. He is not better than Kelderman uphill also Kelderman is younger.

I suppose you could say well as he is younger he will get better than Talansky but i don't see it. Talansky is always a 80 climber with good recovery in mine Kelderman never reaches that, mostly he is 77/77, sometimes 78 if im lucky.

baseballlover312
Anderis wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

Dunno if substantailly better every year is the right word.

2012:
7th Vuelta
2nd Tour de Romandie
1st Tour de l'Ain

2013:
10th Tour de France
2nd Paris-Nice
6th Criterium International

That doesn't look like a huge leap forward. This year can be better if he can keep up his perofrmance from Dauphine so far.

That barely tells the whole story.

In that race he did well by consistency, but he was well behind the top guys. This year and last he has been actually with the leaders on many occasions. Dauphine for example.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

atlanta
Yes and out of most of them he was only their because they kept stopping. Talansky got blow away last km.

baseballlover312
atlanta wrote:
Yes and out of most of them he was only their because they kept stopping. Talansky got blow away last km.

He never cracked, he just couldn't match the acceleration. Nibali also got dropped. Doesn't prove much.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

atlanta
No but he as not really stayed with the big guys has he. He would have lost alot of time if they were riding full stop. They were that slow that he was allowed back to make the pace again.

I don't want to sound like im hating on Talansky as he is a great bike rider, who can basically get a top 10 at each GT he picks. I just think Kelderman and Talansky should have same stats, with WK having higher potential by 1, but that is just me.
Edited by atlanta on 13-06-2014 20:14

baseballlover312
atlanta wrote:
No but he as not really stayed with the big guys has he. He would have lost alot of time if they were riding full stop. They were that slow that he was allowed back to make the pace again.

I don't want to sound like im hating on Talansky as he is a great bike rider, who can basically get a top 10 at each GT he picks. I just think Kelderman and Talansky should have same stats, with WK having higher potential by 1, but that is just me.

Agree on the first part, not the second. but that will just be what it is.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

atlanta
Yes im not saying mine is right just we obvi have diff opinions.

Would you say same stats and same potential?, as i think they are very close. Or maybe give Talnsky better stats with Kelderman 6 potential, Talansky 5?. What is Talansky pot at them moment?.

baseballlover312
atlanta wrote:
Yes im not saying mine is right just we obvi have diff opinions.

Would you say same stats and same potential?, as i think they are very close. Or maybe give Talnsky better stats with Kelderman 6 potential, Talansky 5?. What is Talansky pot at them moment?.

I think Kelderman should have better potential than Talansky at this point.

However, there is no good way to do this. Giving Kelderman 7 with his stats is not an option because he could get too strong. Giving Talansky 5 does not allow for enough improvement based on his current stats. I think the only thing a DB maker can do is give both a 6.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

atlanta
Yes you are right. 5 potential on last game i played before this years was 2011.And riders like Scarponi would have 4 potential and could still get 2 pts in mountain. They messed the potential up imo.

I think fair way then if we gave both same pot is give Kelderman 78, Talansky 77Wink.

Naskela
baseballlover312 wrote:
atlanta wrote:

How has TVG stalled he have done his best spring season ever and what he did in Oman was convincing that he made Hugh steps this season i would probably put Van Garderen 78M0, Talansky and Kelderman at 77 with the same potential when it comes to END and REC i dunno! (Sorry Jesleyh please dont ban me from the community)
Edited by Naskela on 13-06-2014 20:40
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

atlanta
Naskela wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
atlanta wrote:

How has TVG stalled he have done his best spring season ever and what he did in Oman was convincing that he made Hugh steps this season i would probably put Van Garderen 78M0, Talansky and Kelderman at 77 with the same potential when it comes to END and REC i dunno!

He also won a mountain stage in Catalunya. He is as good as Kelderman probably right now maybe better but i doubt he will in 2 years. I agree TJVG is a tiny bit above Talansky but lets see in few weeks.Pfft

Naskela
He also won a mountain stage in Catalunya. He is as good as Kelderman probably right now maybe better but i doubt he will in 2 years. I agree TJVG is a tiny bit above Talansky but lets see in few weeks.Pfft

You might be right that TVG and Kelderman deserves the same MO stats but i feel somethings wrong giving a rider places 7th in the Giro 78 when Mollema was given 78 after last years tour which were more impressive in my opinion and would be more wrong giving them 77 and Talansky 76... im glad i don't make stats for the coming db coz that seems impossible to get right!
Edited by Naskela on 13-06-2014 20:48

Anderis
Talansky gives another hint that we should consider at least 78 MO for him.

How much prologues skill does Slagter have in the game? 65 or so? He finished 8th today in TdS! Definetely an upgrade.

I also remind you that Haas also needs an upgrade in prologues (5th in Herald Sun Tour and 10th in Criterium International this year).

baseballlover312
So, do you still think TVG deserves more mtn than Talansky? Pfft
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Yes, because I still need to see a Top 5 in the Tour from Talansky. Pfft
baseballlover312, 06-03-14 : "Nuke Moscow...Don't worry Russia, we've got plenty of love to go around your cities"
Sarah Palin, 08-03-14 (CPAC, on Russian aggression) : "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke"

i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r657/547984/truth-vi.png

Big thanks to jdog for making this AMAZING userbar!

Naskela
baseballlover312 wrote:
So, do you still think TVG deserves more mtn than Talansky? Pfft

Ok let me clarify Pfft I said a few days ago that Talansky deserved 78 but changed my mind because i don't like giving a rider who don't have any top results from one of the GT that high in mtn so i would wait until at least mid tour before giving him that. but by all means it looking promising Wink
Edited by Naskela on 14-06-2014 19:44

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots