PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
bob7
What about Froome TT stat ? Don't you think guys he is weaker in TT now ?

Cossack
If we want to rate Froome on this spring then his MO also would need a decrease Wink Let's wait until Dauphine and Tour before any adjustments to him.

clamel
clamel wrote:
Now this might stir up some folks, but have in mind I am not for or against Peter Sagan.

So looking at his mountain/hilly stats (also remember that I seldom comment on top end riders). In the latest version I got DH=82,Mtn=70,Hill=77.
I would question that the Mtn should perhaps be a slight lower, since I have seen some races with mountains in my game where Sagan without problems stuck around with more classy mountain men on some very hard KoMs.

It might have been discussed before, but I would say that his mountain skills perhaps should be lower slighty. The difference between hills and mountain should be a bit more that is.

Then again perhaps we will see Sagan force himself up Mt Baldy this week and completly put me to shame.Embarassed

AND he surely did !!!!!!!!!!!
But what about Julian Alaphillipe ???
Is he a sprinter, claasic or climber. Henao should have won on Mt Baldy, but these sprinters pulled out something really amazing.

Now a brainstorm for what stats this new frenzy sensation will get ..
and Peter Sagan perhaps should keep his MTN stats...

I for one is stunned Rolling Eyes
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

bob7
Mount Baldy is a hard climb. Not the hardest but still very tough. I don't know what to do with Alaphilippe. Maybe 72-73 in MO ? Henao doesn't look great, he may be tired after good spring, more tired than Alaphilippe.
Edited by bob7 on 17-05-2015 10:01

Avin Wargunnson
clamel wrote:
Then again perhaps we will see Sagan force himself up Mt Baldy this week and completly put me to shame.Embarassed

Nice call. :lol:

Btw calling Sagan (or alaphilippe) just a "sprinter" is a bit short-sighted, these are not sprinters by any means now...
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 18-05-2015 09:55
I'll be back

maxmat52
What statistics would you put in Mikel Landa, he si very strong in the giro?

AdamHansen
maxmat52 wrote:
What statistics would you put in Mikel Landa, he si very strong in the giro?

Difficult to say considering the giro ain't finished, but it looks like the whole Astana team needs to be upgraded considering how ridiculus op they are atm.

maxmat52
Yes, thanks a lot

Tafiolmo
Well the Astana team is riding like Geweiss did in the 1990s where they just dominated with this style for a few years.

@Clamel

Alaphilippe could end up being the new Laurent Jalabert if he continues riding like this.

AiZaK
Just now, Mikel Landa may be 76

Forza-Diavolo
Landa 78 in Mo

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
clamel
Tafiolmo wrote:

@Clamel

Alaphilippe could end up being the new Laurent Jalabert if he continues riding like this.

Now thats all to well said. He really could be, and that could be nice. France now have not only GC future hopes, but also some that can take some classic one-day races. Perhaps even bag some Monuments.
Also having some good shot at the GT in the future just as Jalabert had (getting 1 Vuelta but missed out a couple of times on TDF, if I recall correct)

Sad (but perhaps intelligent) that Alaphilippe probably will not go for the Tour this year. The pressure would be huge from home crowds.

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

--------------------

sgdanny
Landa has definitely shown some great stability and that has been done throughout even last season. 78 MO is my current projection, but if he stays in the Top 5 I would give him 79 MO, but I wouldn't give higher, since he would need to do the same in the Vuelta, to deserve an 80 MO rating.
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

Tafiolmo
All the very top climbing domestiques in the game like Kreuziger, Fuglsang and Porte etc all have between 78-79 mtn stat (same as some of the GT leaders in other teams) which makes them the best climbers in the game outside of their GT leaders, Porte now though worth at least 80. I now think Landa has at least reached the level of 78-79 mountain but of course there is another two weeks left.

@Clamel

Jalabert kind of started his career as a Michael Matthews type sprinter, not as good as the top tier sprinters but good at uphill sprints and could also compete for the points jersey in big tours and he won green at the Tour twice. But it was after that terrible crash he had that put him out for almost a year I thin,k that he came back a different rider and literally turned into a hilly classics rider and then onto a GT contender, he was certainly the last truly great rider that France really had.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 19-05-2015 21:09

clamel
Tafiolmo wrote:

@Clamel

Jalabert kind of started his career as a Michael Matthews type sprinter, not as good as the top tier sprinters but good at uphill sprints and could also compete for the points jersey in big tours and he won green at the Tour twice. But it was after that terrible crash he had that put him out for almost a year I thin,k that he came back a different rider and literally turned into a hilly classics rider and then onto a GT contender, he was certainly the last truly great rider that France really had.

Yes I remember how much one thought he changed. In his early days one would never (at least I) think that he should be contending for GC in The Tour and Vuelta. Being a top green jersey rider way back and then ending his career with the danish as a spotted jersey holder in The Tour. Amazing development.

--------------------

--------------------

clamel
I have a little question on a shadow rider (little known).
Johann Van Zyl MTN
I saw him in California in a brakeout and remember that he was next to useless in pcmdaily. Very low stats overall. Looking at MTN website it shows that they have great hopes for this rider.
hann van Zyl is one of the most promising young riders from South Africa. He is a former double under 23 SA National Road Champion. Johann was ecstatic at signing his first professional contract with Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung in 2013. He has always been a hard working rider and a helper on the team while learning how to develop into a race winner.
end quote

Perhaps some increased stats in some key areas perhaps, firstly plain and attack perhaps. Looks to be good in climbing and TT according to results.

--------------------

--------------------

Ian Butler
Meh, obviously this guy is the most promising rider from South Africa:

https://procycling...?id=193770

Grin
Edited by Ian Butler on 20-05-2015 13:46

bob7
9th in RR ? How may riders participed ? 10 ? Grin

Ian Butler
bob7 wrote:
9th in RR ? How may riders participed ? 10 ? Grin

Shock Not at all!
Don't disrespect our very own Aiden (he's a member hereWink)
We're all rooting for him!

Pfft
Edited by Ian Butler on 20-05-2015 13:47

bob7
Really ? Grin My bad, sorry Grin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?