PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
TimoCycling
Unguru30 wrote:
TimoCycling wrote:
I disagree with a few:

77 MO is way too high for Ulissi
76 MO is better for Duarte
74 MO for Henao should be 73 IMO
Kelderman's rec should be atleast in the low 70s, he didn't get worse that bad. Only wasn't stronger than the others in the real mountain stages, don't think that was because of bad recovery.

He won a stage which featured the Carpegna, so as long as his REC is 69-70 it won't affect anything.
77 may indeed be too much because Duarte is very inconstant, but he finished second on Montecopiolo ahead af all the favourites, besides Aru, and second on Tre Cime di Lavaredo last year.
Henao-maybe 73 is better
Kederman was bad in the MTT and pretty bad on Panarotta.

Bad? Only just behind the favouritesWink.

Jesleyh
More than 'just' in the MTT. It should be noted that he made the tactical mistake of starting the TT on a light bike, even without a TT steer(which Rolland, the other one starting with a normal bike, had). The rest switched, and Kelderman lost just less than a minute on the others there, which would mean he'd be faster than Evans.
Still not great then, but not bad.

Panerotta wasn't bad at all though!
Edited by Jesleyh on 02-06-2014 17:53
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

MartijnVDD
I thought, let's do some stat changes myself, but then it turned out to be so difficult that I'll just wait for the official update (V2 maybe?).;Especially secondary stats are difficult.

I wish we could foresee the future and do tdf updates already as well. ^^
Bretagne-Seché, for example, will turn out to be very underrated, but we don't know who'll surprise us and how much. Knowing that a db will never be complete is something that bugs me. =)

ruben
instead of giving Evans 77mo, on the basis of the last week I'd rather give him 78/79 MO but just low REC. After all that's why he falters the entire time

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 22:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Unguru30
ruben wrote:
instead of giving Evans 77mo, on the basis of the last week I'd rather give him 78/79 MO but just low REC. After all that's why he falters the entire time

Giving him 78/79 MO would be unrealistic IMO, because in the game he can take lots of time on guys like Kelderman in the first week mountain stages, which may be hard to take back. Irl favorurites don't attack themselves in the first week in most of the cases, and Cadel is definitely not the kind of guy that would gain minutes on Kelderman in the beginning of a GT by attacking on mountain stages.
Edited by Unguru30 on 03-06-2014 11:47

ruben
Unguru30 wrote:
ruben wrote:

Giving him 78/79 MO would be unrealistic IMO, because in the game he can take lots of time on guys like Kelderman in the first week mountain stages, which may be hard to take back. Irl favorurites don't attack themselves in the first week in most of the cases, and Cadel is definitely not the kind of guy that would gain minutes on Kelderman in the beginning of a GT by attacking on mountain stages.

I disagree with you, having played this game so often and having played GT's in career so often.
Believe you me, if you give Evans 78/79 MO and only 71-73 REC, and others with 77 with much higer REC. He will falter completely in the last week and give away all the time he won.

Don't forget Evans had a lead of more than 3 minutes on Kelderman in real life as well, and lost all that and more in the end.
Tjhe problem if you give him lower MO is that he'll never take the lead in the Giro like in real life, neither will he be able to beat Pozzovivo in the Giro del Trentino with lower MO. Something which he did do in real life.

Don't underestimate the effect of a low REC stat in the game itself. The game really uses it much more effectively than in the past PCM versions

Ton1Mart1n
Evans = 76 MO, 75 REC. DONE
“When it’s hurting you, that’s when you can make a difference”

Jesleyh
I'm not so sure about 78/79MO.
Don't forget that he mainly took it by riding a good TTT + controversial stage 6.
He didn't take the pink by pure skill, nor by being the strongest in the mountains in the first part of the Giro.
Plus, 78/79MO would also make him one of the favourites for stage-races like Tirreno, Suisse/Dauphiné etc. I don't think we want that, that'd be unrealistic as well.
Edited by Jesleyh on 03-06-2014 13:53
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Naskela
i would rather have Evans 76MO with high back up stats or 77MO with low back up stats, no way he is 78/79 and i don't think its fair comparing Evans and Kelderman`s TT that late in the tour, considering Evan`s (REC) he already had one better TT than Kelderman with a half minute the week before!
Edited by Naskela on 03-06-2014 14:45
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

ivan the terrible 2191
No way should Evans have over 76-77 mnt, rec don't mean much in this game imo. I never see people with lower recovery fail Dan Martin had 71 rec 78mnt/81 hill and he finished 2nd ahead of Nibali and many others in the Giro.

baseballlover312
ivan the terrible 2191 wrote:
No way should Evans have over 76-77 mnt, rec don't mean much in this game imo. I never see people with lower recovery fail Dan Martin had 71 rec 78mnt/81 hill and he finished 2nd ahead of Nibali and many others in the Giro.

He is 77/80 actually. And 70 recovery.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

ivan the terrible 2191
baseballlover312 wrote:
ivan the terrible 2191 wrote:
No way should Evans have over 76-77 mnt, rec don't mean much in this game imo. I never see people with lower recovery fail Dan had 71 rec 78mnt/81 hill and he finished 2nd ahead of Nibali and many others in the Giro.

He is 77/80 actually. And 70 recovery.

Their is such a thing as evoloution. I no what his stats are at start this is 2015.

ivanbassofan4ever
all I want is ivan basso 85 mountain so he can win races

Ollfardh
troll account?
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

vismitananda
ivanbassofan4ever wrote:

In my CSC career using the 2005 DB, Voigt has a lot of wins in a season than Basso. Mostly a long breakaway 50KM+ from home Grin
-Pain is temporary, Quitting lasts forever-

Unguru30
Is there some kind of date for when the new stats DB will be released?
Edited by Unguru30 on 04-06-2014 09:19

Ton1Mart1n
ivanbassofan4ever wrote:

Nobody is stopping you Smile

Ton1Mart1n
What would you give Magnus Cort in hill, rec and acc?
His one of the most promising talents in a age of only 21.
Results this season
1st Overall Istrian Spring Trophy
1st Stages 1 & 2
1st Himmerland Rundt
1st Destination Thy
1st Ringerike GP
2st Overall Tour des Fjords
1st Young rider classification
1st Stage 3
5th Volta Limburg Classic
6th Eschborn-Frankfurt City Loop U23

Selwink
HI: 70/71
SPR: 72/73
REC: 66/67
ACC: 73/74

Just a shot in the dark that is.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

Forza-Diavolo
do i overrated Porte and Kreuziger if i give them 80 in mountains

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.