TheManxMissile

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Expansion Pack: Stat Discussion
Spilak23
Juan José Cobo 75-->73 (i think i don’t need to explain why)

I would keep him at 75. He never had a chance to defend himself during the Giro due to multiple crashes early on.

It's a small sample but he did very good in last years Pyrenees.

https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=21640

First 10 riders where in the break so they don't count. He stayed in the group where Basso was hamering it untill Nibali attack. Still in the group at that moment were Nibali, Basso, Froome, Wiggins, Roche, Horner, Van Garderen, Zubeldia, Van den Broeck and Valverde. All 77 MO and higher.
Rolland, Pinot and Evans were then already dropped.

It feels strange to defend Cobo. Pfft

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 20:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
fickman
Spilak23 wrote:
Juan José Cobo 75-->73 (i think i don’t need to explain why)

I would keep him at 75. He never had a chance to defend himself during the Giro due to multiple crashes early on.

It's a small sample but he did very good in last years Pyrenees.

https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=21640

First 10 riders where in the break so they don't count. He stayed in the group where Basso was hamering it untill Nibali attack. Still in the group at that moment were Nibali, Basso, Froome, Wiggins, Roche, Horner, Van Garderen, Zubeldia, Van den Broeck and Valverde. All 77 MO and higher.
Rolland, Pinot and Evans were then already dropped.

It feels strange to defend Cobo. Pfft

Ok lets say that explains why he was sucking at Giro but what about the whole last Year and all the races before Giro this Year??? He was suppose to be leader/co-leader at Vuelta 2012 and he was never near a top 20. You cant give him 75 MO beacuse of 1 day performance in one Stage. The guy isnt even considered as potential Team leader/co-leader anymore, he is a domestique right now and not even a good one. But thats my opinion.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider....eason=2012
https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider....eason=2013

Spilak23
Finished together with Horner, Kloden, Kiserlovki, Zubeldia on Les Sybelles.
Plu Peyragudes, he helped Valverde to that stage win.

Chech out his TdF reults from last year. Only three mountain stages but he did like someone who deserves 75 there.

Alakagom
Anyone that played a lot from last update, did you see any anomalies ? I.e. riders with lowered potential such as Evans retiring unexpectedly or something similar?

So far I think the lowering of potentials worked good, so happy to do it across the board, just final check with you's.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

TheManxMissile
Alakagom wrote:
Anyone that played a lot from last update, did you see any anomalies ? I.e. riders with lowered potential such as Evans retiring unexpectedly or something similar?

So far I think the lowering of potentials worked good, so happy to do it across the board, just final check with you's.

It has worked b-e-a-uitfully!!! I would recommend a widening of the plan right across the board, including younger riders who are already very good (i.e. Sagan, Rolland, Kwiatkowski etc.). It doesn't force them to retire it just stops them continuing to grow, and drop stats faster... Just works perfectly.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Alakagom
Good to hear, reducing potentials of youngsters with high stats is also the plan. I guess likes of Sagan or Kwiatek will have potentials of 4/5 instead of the 6/7 they had now.

Cossack
When do you plan to release the next stat update? I'm going to start my first career and would be happy to start it with fresh changes Smile

Alakagom
I am not too sure, I didn't plan any, but might release an small update around June, before PCM 13 comes out as the last update for PCM12. We'll see Wink
Edited by Alakagom on 01-06-2013 21:08

Jesleyh
Those new potentials seem to work fine indeed! (Well, I'm only 1/4 in 2014, but yeah Pfft)
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

fernando97
Alakagom wrote:
Good to hear, reducing potentials of youngsters with high stats is also the plan. I guess likes of Sagan or Kwiatek will have potentials of 4/5 instead of the 6/7 they had now.

I agree with potential lowering for already "maxed out" guys and old cyclists, but as for the younger ones that still have room to improve like Kwiatkowski I wouldn't go lower than 6. I mean he is not that great just yet, but he has the potential to get there in the future....

Jesleyh
fernando97 wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

I agree with potential lowering for already "maxed out" guys and old cyclists, but as for the younger ones that still have room to improve like Kwiatkowski I wouldn't go lower than 6. I mean he is not that great just yet, but he has the potential to get there in the future....

Agree, maybe 5, but Sagan could be lowered(in potential, to be clear) though.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Spilak23
Valverde's TT stat needs to be upped. He is on the same level as Henao and Ballan now which is just ridiculous

Alakagom
Btw, this just for bit of fun. At the moment, updating potentials there are only 5 riders with potential of 7. Can you guess all of them?
Edited by Alakagom on 02-06-2013 11:05

TheManxMissile
Kelderman, Betancur, Bouhanni, Demare, Pinot, Rolland, Phinney?
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Ian Butler
Kwiatkowski. Pinot.
Démare?
Tim Wellens? Pfft

Spilak23
TheManxMissile wrote:

. Quintana and Coquard definetly.

Definatly not Rolland.
Edited by Spilak23 on 02-06-2013 11:09

Alakagom
TheManxMissile wrote:

I changed the potentials, so riders from last update with have different potentials. I.e. some of the ones you posted are far too good for potential of 7. You can have another go, you got neither of them here. But I think you knwo why now.

FroomeDog99
TheManxMissile wrote:

I think they'd be younger than that Wink

Barguil could be one? Ulssi?

Spilak23
Lutsenko, Quintana, Cocuard, Barguil, Chaves,

Wildcard is Stuyven
Edited by Spilak23 on 02-06-2013 11:10

Alakagom
Spilak23 wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:

. Quintana and Coquard definetly.

Definatly not Rolland.

I was thinking about puting them in potential 7, but they are I think good enough with potential of 6 ( considering what stats they already have ). They are on verge a lot, between 6 and 7 for me :L I nym carrer with potential 6 Coqaurd got ot be 82/83 sprinter so though that was okay, no need of higher potential.

FroomeDog99 Barguil and Ulissi both have 6's I think.
Edited by Alakagom on 02-06-2013 11:11

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content