· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Avin Wargunnson
gotlandrules wrote:
And Sagan really needs to be lowered in HI, he will be able to get realistic results with 75-76 HI and hopefully his schedule gets more realistic aswell.

He will never win the green jersey with these stats, as his hill was main advantage on Cav and Kittel. Shit calendar managment is here to blame, it seems like Sagan has his goals from 2011 hardcoded into the game and thus he goes for vuelta and adennes. Smile
I'll be back

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 18:40
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Shonak
He still has a huge hill advantage over Cav and Kittel with 75 HL oO
Plus, with the high fighter stat and the solid mountain stats, he contests in many hilly stages as well as at the intermediate sprints of MT stages.
If you wonder if he goes into breakaways: Actually, it's more likely with lower Hill stat, since he won't be considered so much a favourite. (EDIT: In case you're wondering, Sagan wins the Green Jersey on a regular basis if his form is solid)

Don't think his goals are hardcoded: Sagan goes always MSR, Flanders, Tour and WC since I reduced his Hill stat. Like in Cio's career, Sagan oftentimes ended up riding the Vuelta as a wrong GC contender (not even contesting sprint stages against Cav eg).
Edited by Shonak on 28-05-2014 08:37
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png
"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V

Avin Wargunnson
It seems that we both have different game installed,are you talking about PCM13? Because in 90% in my careers, Cav or Kittel win the green even with Sagan present, even with his 78hill, so i would be really surprised to see him doing it "regulary" with 75. How many careers do you tried after lowering him to 75 so you are able to talk about regularity?

Fighter is irrelevant, as it is barely functional stat. Only secondary stat that matters is acceleration...
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 28-05-2014 08:48
I'll be back

Shonak
The reasoning behind it makes it already clear in my eyes why that is the case: With lower Hill stat, the AI treats him more like a sprinter, thus he focuses stronger on le Tour (He has 80 SP in my DB, thus he's closer to Cav and Kittel than in the PCMDB). Of course, when a guy like Kittel is dominating every sprint, chances are, Sagan won't have a shot at Green either. But I havn't experienced such a Tour yet in my few PCM careers.

I've played a few seasons in PCM 2013 (don't own it for so long), though I admit that the same issue arose to me first in PCM 2012 - where it worked similiarly. Certainly too little careers to give you a representative sample in PCM2013 though, so scuzzi for the exaggeration. He did end up targeting the Vuelta though, and other guys said so too.

AI-stuff aside, I still think that Sagan results justify only at best a 75-76 HL stat (up to discussion). Anything above 76 is too much based upon his virtues, the hype surrounding him and too much focus on his very few, tough hill-results in my opinion.
Edited by Shonak on 28-05-2014 09:12

Avin Wargunnson
Shonak wrote:
AI-stuff aside, I still think that Sagan results justify only at best a 75-76 HL stat (up to discussion). Anything above 76 is too much based upon his virtues, the hype surrounding him and too much focus on his very few, tough hill-results in my opinion.

I give up really. Grin

Btw why do you discuss Daily stats and talk about how it is in you game, when you dont use Daily DB, that is pointless. How i am supposed to know you have upped his sprint stat...
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 28-05-2014 09:17
I'll be back

Shonak
I do use Daily DB so of course I discuss stat changes in here.

Nice of you to highlight my text: You should highlight the passage tough hill for yourself the most though.

Also, no hype surrounding Sagan? You don't think that everybody looks at Sagan more than at other riders, that he is causing great mania amongst fans? That he is one of the most talked about riders? That each result is vry much discussed upon? That people expect in fact way too much of such a young guy? What was Mailand San Remo, eh? And at the Ronde? People awaited his first monument win at his age already, but yeah - that's no hype. Everbody talked about Cancellara vs Sagan ahead of Flanders, but erm... yeah, okay. Yeah, sure. No hype at all. :lol:
Edited by Shonak on 28-05-2014 09:31

Avin Wargunnson
Shonak wrote:
I do use Daily DB so of course I discuss stat changes in here.

You suggested you used modified stats for some people, i hope we are discussing default Daily stats here...this discussion would be much shorter if it was made clear that he has 80 sprint after your modification, because that changes a lot compared to 78 he has in Daily default iirc.

And i higlighted the part i found ridiculous.
I'll be back

Ton1Mart1n
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
It seems that we both have different game installed,are you talking about PCM13? Because in 90% in my careers, Cav or Kittel win the green even with Sagan present, even with his 78hill, so i would be really surprised to see him doing it "regulary" with 75. How many careers do you tried after lowering him to 75 so you are able to talk about regularity?

Fighter is irrelevant, as it is barely functional stat. Only secondary stat that matters is acceleration...

Not only acc, also rest!
“When it’s hurting you, that’s when you can make a difference”

Jorge14
Sagan with 76Hill is nice for him.

Ton1Mart1n
Uran mountain stat? 80 ?

Alakagom
Why? For keeping up with Pozzovivo, Hesjedal Majka, Aru, Rolland and Co.?

And if you mention Quintana in all this, no point for him attacking now he has this massive lead.
Edited by Alakagom on 29-05-2014 17:05
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

gotlandrules
Alakagom, give us your thoughts about Sagan please Smile btw, Aru looks like the strongest climber after Nairo so far, a few big stages left though so we'll see Smile

Aleakez
I don't think Rolland is even in his best form so i see him along with Uran as the best climbers behind Quintana.
" Trust me, you can dance - Vodka "

nacho63
I think Uran should stay at 78 (just) but raise his TT to 75.

Sagan it's hard to say, I think he has the ability but he doesn't turn up to the big ardennes so I'd give him 77. 2/3 short of the likes of Kwiatek, Gerrans etc..

Ton1Mart1n
But still Uran finished second last year.
I'll say 79 with possibility to grow to 81 Pfft

Sagan hill stat: 78. But Sagan is always unpredictable

baseballlover312
No way. he is always so high in Ardennes and even some mountain stage because of his crazy secondary stats. Any higher than 76 and he will still do that. it's about realistic gameplay not "potential performances."
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Tafiolmo
I can't believe that some people are considering Sagan for a 78 hill stat, that would put him as a potential winner for the LBL or GDL. 75 is about right for him which enables him to still compete well in hilly stage races, as his other stats of sprinter, recovery and endurance still make him a huge threat, especially if his form is good on some hilly races.

Back in the 80's and 90's he probably would've challenged more for hilly stages, but since the 00's cycling is more specialized than ever and Sagan has chosen the flatter and cobbled classics as his priority, along with the green jersey in the TDF.

I also can't believe that some people are talking Uran at 80/81 that's the level/almost the level of riders like Nibali. Contador, Rodriguez, Quintana and Froome. Uran at very best would be 79 (which keeps him just above the rest of the pack of riders on 78) his TT at 75 makes him still a good rider and capable of challenging for a podium position in a big tour which is about his level, but he's still not upto winning a big tour.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 29-05-2014 23:50

Arberg27
Aleakez wrote:
I don't think Rolland is even in his best form so i see him along with Uran as the best climbers behind Quintana.

Virtual mountain classification: (I have put the time difference together, on the real mountain stages, Stelvio stage is not counted)
1 Aru
2 Rolland +11 sec
3 Quiatana +21 sec
4 Majka +67 sec
5 Uranium +68 sec
6 Hesjedal +71 sec
7 Pozzovivo +79 sec
Evans +190 sec

Aru is the best climber in the race right now, unless someone does not comply with the rules and attack on a neutralized descent.

Schleck96
Arberg27 wrote:
Aleakez wrote:

Virtual mountain classification: (I have put the time difference together, on the real mountain stages, Stelvio stage is not counted)
1 Aru
2 Rolland +11 sec
3 Quiatana +21 sec
4 Majka +67 sec
5 Uranium +68 sec
6 Hesjedal +71 sec
7 Pozzovivo +79 sec
Evans +190 sec

Aru is the best climber in the race right now, unless someone does not comply with the rules and attack on a neutralized descent.

^Include the time differences of Val-Martello Wink

jph27
Taking 2 minutes off the gaps at the end of the Stelvio stage

1 Quintana
2 Hesjedal +58
3 Rolland +1'03
4 Aru +1'19
5 Majka +2'26
6 Uran +2'27
7 Pozzovivo +2'38
8 Evans +4'37

Will try to work out where Kelderman would be.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets: