PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 16:38
Bot Agent

IP: None  
baseballlover312
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Exactly, good hill results everywhere in the PCT classics and some hilly stage races. Not saying he is bad, but the Ardennes is where it counts. I'd say 78, which despite what people think is actually very good. He's still pretty young.

Well he did get 2nd, 1st and 3rd on hilly stages at a PT event known as the Tour Down Under, beating guys like Gerrans, Gesink, Porte, Evans, Hermans.

And Milano Torino is his specialty I think. 2nd in 2012 and 1st in 2013. Beating some really big names, Valv, Purito, Conta, Moreno, Pozzo, even Dan Martin...

And unless I;m mistaken only 1 of those guys has more than 78 hill.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
baseballlover312 wrote:
valverde321 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Exactly, good hill results everywhere in the PCT classics and some hilly stage races. Not saying he is bad, but the Ardennes is where it counts. I'd say 78, which despite what people think is actually very good. He's still pretty young.

Well he did get 2nd, 1st and 3rd on hilly stages at a PT event known as the Tour Down Under, beating guys like Gerrans, Gesink, Porte, Evans, Hermans.

And Milano Torino is his specialty I think. 2nd in 2012 and 1st in 2013. Beating some really big names, Valv, Purito, Conta, Moreno, Pozzo, even Dan Martin...

And unless I;m mistaken only 1 of those guys has more than 78 hill.

Yeah, but the guys in the sentence below...

Plus, I mean if we are talking hypothetical ugrades from this Giro already with guys like Uran, Ulissi has even beaten Uran on 2 occasions (and everyone else as well...).
Those wins weren't just luck either, those were Purito-esque Vuelta stage wins. Also, he'd be about 4th overall right now if he hadn't been caught up in the crashes on stage 11.

Then we go back to his late season Italian Classics domination, including a great win at Milano - Torino ahead of those listed above. And the year before that at Torino against some big names again only losing to Contador.

I think he could win MSR in the near future.

He's 78 for sure imo, borderline 79.

Tafiolmo
In my DB I have the leading Giro contenders like so. I know we have another week of the race and the most important to come, but it would be interesting to see what type of ratings members think are correct for these riders, as I know some of these stats need changing. There's a lot of riders on 77mtn and 73tt here! The only rider I've changed since the start of the Giro was Uran to 75tt:

I've just included the key stats for the rest of the Giro here. Also these stats have Quintana a huge advantage over the others in mtn stat and just how good is Aru now?

Aru 75mtn 68tt 72rec
Evans 77mtn 75tt 75rec
Quintana 82mtn 71tt 81rec
Pozzovivo 77mtn 73tt 75rec
Majka 77mtn 73tt 76rec
Hesjedal 77mtn 73tt 77rec
Basso 78mtn 72tt 75rec
Uran 79mtn 75tt 76rec
Keldemann 75mtn 75tt 73rec
Rolland 77mtn 68tt 74rec
Edited by Tafiolmo on 25-05-2014 20:09

baseballlover312
No way Basso is 78. 77 and bad secondary stats at most, I'd even think 76.

And Kelderman definitely 76 mtn. We could see him get 77.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Tafiolmo
baseballlover312 wrote:
No way Basso is 78. 77 and bad secondary stats at most, I'd even think 76.

And Kelderman definitely 76 mtn. We could see him get 77.

Great these are the type of comments needed. I agree with Basso I got a bit carried away with his climbing in the Vuelta last year before he abandoned and sure Basso at 77/76 good with lower rec as well.

Kelderman 76/77 mtn looks good too.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 25-05-2014 20:13

Alakagom
No offence, but now we are discussing stats not related at all to Daily ones. This thread is specific, create a thread about this somewhere else.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Tafiolmo
Alakagom wrote:
No offence, but now we are discussing stats not related at all to Daily ones. This thread is specific, create a thread about this somewhere else.

But isn't this where all the stats go? These are the daily ones and just a few were adjusted by me.

Alakagom
You can create a thread for it in general topics. These are not Daily stats, since the last update came after LBL. We have adjusted the stats as Giro goes by, but won't release anything at this point.
Edited by Alakagom on 25-05-2014 20:18

admirschleck
Aru to 76
Majka, Pozzovivo to 78.
Uran to 80.
Rolland 76HIL and huge FTR stat.
Kelderman 76.

That's my opinion so far with possibility of improving Rolland to 78MO, Kelderman to 77MO, Aru to 77MO if they continues performing well.
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

Anderis
Let's wait until the final week of the Giro before suggesting who of the GC contenders should have his stats changed and how. A lot can happen in the 3rd week to change our mind 3 times before the end of the Giro. Grin

Tafiolmo
Alakagom wrote:
You can create a thread for it in general topics. These are not Daily stats, since the last update came after LBL. We have adjusted the stats as Giro goes by, but won't release anything at this point.

Actually they are the Daily ones from the download before the LBL (the Feb ones). I didn't do the last download as I had so many riders especially the cobbled classics riders and Ardennes riders already at what I think are the right stats and didn't want to over right them just yet, as I'm still doing the cobbled classics etc.

But fine if they should be in another thread, I just thought everything in one thread might be a better idea to generate discussion for Giro stats.

dark_x2012
admirschleck wrote:
Aru to 76
Majka, Pozzovivo to 78.
Uran to 80.
Kelderman 76.

That's my opinion so far with possibility of improving Rolland to 78MO, Kelderman to 77MO, Aru to 77MO if they continues performing well.

I don't think Uran deserves 80. I would say a 76 in tt and 79 in mountain suits him better.

Alakagom
Tafiolmo wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

Actually they are the Daily ones from the download before the LBL (the Feb ones). I didn't do the last download as I had so many riders especially the cobbled classics riders and Ardennes riders already at what I think are the right stats and didn't want to over right them just yet, as I'm still doing the cobbled classics etc.

But fine if they should be in another thread, I just thought everything in one thread might be a better idea to generate discussion for Giro stats.

I was wrong in that Pfft

Anyway, my main point was - seems stats here are discussed here after each moutain stage lately... there is no point - we are all watching the race. You can discuss them after it's all finished.

Tafiolmo
Alakagom wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

I was wrong in that Pfft

Anyway, my main point was - seems stats here are discussed here after each moutain stage lately... there is no point - we are all watching the race. You can discuss them after it's all finished.

Ok you're the chief (the pink jersey man) will follow your advice.

Can't put a smiley as for some reason they don't work for me.
Edited by Tafiolmo on 25-05-2014 20:31

Shonak
I think Sagan's Hill stat should be reduced to 74/75 or something like that. 78 is just too much for a guy who doesn't even show up at Ardennes anymore, but ends up winning them in PCM. I have reduced them in the DBs I use and his results are in my opinion more realistic since then.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png
"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V

valverde321
dark_x2012 wrote:
admirschleck wrote:
Aru to 76
Majka, Pozzovivo to 78.
Uran to 80.
Kelderman 76.

I don't think Uran deserves 80. I would say a 76 in tt and 79 in mountain suits him better.

Aru at 77 I think, looking at his results at this Giro and great performance today.

baseballlover312
Shonak wrote:
I think Sagan's Hill stat should be reduced to 74/75 or something like that. 78 is just too much for a guy who doesn't even show up at Ardennes anymore, but ends up winning them in PCM. I have reduced them in the DBs I use and his results are in my opinion more realistic since then.

I agree with this completely. In my games he frequently places in top 5 of Ardennes and attacks and wins very very hilly stages. I'd reduce it to at least 76.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

gotlandrules
I agree too, 76 sounds reasonable. His other stats are so high that he will still be able to win in the ardennes on the right day.

Anderis
baseballlover312 wrote:
Shonak wrote:

I agree with this completely. In my games he frequently places in top 5 of Ardennes and attacks and wins very very hilly stages. I'd reduce it to at least 76.

I also agree. I've had some medium-mountain stages in GTs that were marked as hilly, in which Sagan was the only guy mixing up with the biggest GC contenders. That's not realistic at all.
Edited by Anderis on 26-05-2014 11:54

MartijnVDD
I'm having difficulties deciding Thurau's stats. Any help?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Gesink wins Lombardia!
Gesink wins Lombardia!