· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Jesleyh
Tough, yes.
We're still modifying RES a bit, but not as much as when we thought it works, I suppose. Just modifying it a bit just like the other energy stats.
Otherwise we could put them all on 65 ofc. But don't forget that it actually has effect in simulation mode. Wink

Not sure if we change anything if ACC changes. Lets just pray it doesn't Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

jph27
With RES, wasn't there a problem in PCM12 with it having too much impact and leading to group sprints on Mountain stages due to riders having too similar RES to one another?

Silvio Herklotz
@Jesleyh: Ok, now I understand with what kind of problems you statmakers are concerned Rolling Eyes

Just did HI 70 -> 69 and MO 69 -> 70 and...
While in usual careers Herklotz had mostly 2-3 potential in mountains and 4-5 in hills, he now has usually 4-5 in both. Stupid PCM.

Forza-Diavolo
Why can not I change Kwiatkowski State? Every time I try it says I need to follow a EXAMPLE by Ten Dam

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
Selwink
You should use another editor, as the editor that comes with the game doesn't work with this DB.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

MartijnVDD
Uran 85 TT

Avin Wargunnson
MartijnVDD wrote:
Uran 85 TT

Just make dr.Ibarguren a trainer with 11/10 in everything and buy him for your team. Smile
I'll be back

Shonak
Forza-Diavolo wrote:
Why can not I change Kwiatkowski State? Every time I try it says I need to follow a EXAMPLE by Ten Dam

I think it's because of his name. Just change the name to Michal Kwiatkowski and leave out all those special letters.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png
"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V

Anderis
Poljanski deserves an upgrade I believe. He sits 35th overall this Giro so far but in this DB he only has 63 MO and 67 HI.

I think Hesjedal has too much downhill. He is decent descender, but not that really good to deserve 79. Something like 75 would be closer to reality IMO. I remember he had a chance of stage win in TdF 2011 but was caught on downhill by Hagen, who only has 76 downhill in this DB.
On the other hand, I believe Talansky is slightly better than 66 downhill. Something like 70, I remember he seemed quite comfotably on downhills on last TdF.

Coming back to Hesjedal, I suggest 72 TT and 74 PR instead of 73/73. He really doesn't have any decent places in long time trials in recent years apart from that Giro 2012, but he usually does well in prologues, 10th in Alberta and 9th in Tour de Suisse last year, and in 2012 he was 17th in Giro and 15th in TdF during prologues.

I believe Ben King is in reality not any worse climber than Philip Gaimon, but the difference in your DB is significant. King had plenty of decent stage races in the last 12 months, like 21st in Tirreno (3rd on the key stage, from breakaway, in fact, but he beat some decent climbers from that breakaway), 21st in California, 22nd in Utah and 29th Osterreich-Rundfahrt, while Gaimon was nowhere to be seen apart from Tour de San Luis, where he, perhaps, wouldn't make that top10 overall had he been not gifted that many minutes in a brakaway on stage 1.
I suggest Gaimon is a bit overpowered and King is underpowered and stats of both should be changed to meet at simillar point somewhere around 70 MO and HI.

I also believe Caleb Fairly deserves better than 64 MO. He was around 40th place on some hard stages in last year Vuelta and did reasonable job in some races this year. It's a travesty that he doesn't have at least 66 MO. It's not right when I search the best climbers from USA in the game and I see that many guys who I even never heard about above Fairly.

Carter Jones deserves and upgrade as well. He is only 64/64 MO and HI but he won Tour of the Gila and was 11th in California, including 6th on a stage to Mount Diablo.

Jesleyh
Some good points there I think Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 16:40
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
Anderis wrote:
Poljanski deserves an upgrade I believe. He sits 35th overall this Giro so far but in this DB he only has 63 MO and 67 HI.

I think Hesjedal has too much downhill. He is decent descender, but not that really good to deserve 79. Something like 75 would be closer to reality IMO. I remember he had a chance of stage win in TdF 2011 but was caught on downhill by Hagen, who only has 76 downhill in this DB.
On the other hand, I believe Talansky is slightly better than 66 downhill. Something like 70, I remember he seemed quite comfotably on downhills on last TdF.

Coming back to Hesjedal, I suggest 72 TT and 74 PR instead of 73/73. He really doesn't have any decent places in long time trials in recent years apart from that Giro 2012, but he usually does well in prologues, 10th in Alberta and 9th in Tour de Suisse last year, and in 2012 he was 17th in Giro and 15th in TdF during prologues.

I believe Ben King is in reality not any worse climber than Philip Gaimon, but the difference in your DB is significant. King had plenty of decent stage races in the last 12 months, like 21st in Tirreno (3rd on the key stage, from breakaway, in fact, but he beat some decent climbers from that breakaway), 21st in California, 22nd in Utah and 29th Osterreich-Rundfahrt, while Gaimon was nowhere to be seen apart from Tour de San Luis, where he, perhaps, wouldn't make that top10 overall had he been not gifted that many minutes in a brakaway on stage 1.
I suggest Gaimon is a bit overpowered and King is underpowered and stats of both should be changed to meet at simillar point somewhere around 70 MO and HI.

I also believe Caleb Fairly deserves better than 64 MO. He was around 40th place on some hard stages in last year Vuelta and did reasonable job in some races this year. It's a travesty that he doesn't have at least 66 MO. It's not right when I search the best climbers from USA in the game and I see that many guys who I even never heard about above Fairly.

Carter Jones deserves and upgrade as well. He is only 64/64 MO and HI but he won Tour of the Gila and was 11th in California, including 6th on a stage to Mount Diablo.

Putting him at 72 would put him lower (even 2 or 3 points) than riders he consistently beats in long TT's. 72 is just too low.

As for downhill, he was mostly caught on the climb actually. The descent started with 11km and he was caught with 10km left. Im pretty sure he waited because they would be faster as a group of 3 on the flat part at the end of the stage, and a better chance for Garmin to win, with Hesjedal able to lead out Hushovd, which is exactly what happened. In the past, Hesjedal has made some great moves on the descent. Maybe 79 is too high though, but I think 77 or 78 would be better.

Anderis
Putting him at 72 would put him lower (even 2 or 3 points) than riders he consistently beats in long TT's. 72 is just too low.

Who are these riders?

As for downhill, he was mostly caught on the climb actually. The descent started with 11km and he was caught with 10km left. Im pretty sure he waited because they would be faster as a group of 3 on the flat part at the end of the stage, and a better chance for Garmin to win, with Hesjedal able to lead out Hushovd, which is exactly what happened.

How could he be caught on the climb if the climb was where he attacked? IIRC he attacked not so long before the summit, because, in theory, he was by far the best climber from that breakaway and had something like 15-20 seconds on the summit.
No way he waited deliberately. There was no threat from behind, really. Only Tony Martin was reasonably close behind them, but not that close and he would be no threat to Hushovd in a sprint anyway.
The best tactic for Garmin was to hope Hesjedal wouldn't have been caught by Hagen, but if that was going to happen, it was better for Hesjedal to stay in front as long as possible to force Hagen into putting more effort to the chase, burn him more energy so he would be less of a threat for Hushovd in a sprint.

I also remember Hesjedal from a downhill on stage 17 of Giro 2012, and while he actually loked like he was about to drop Rodriguez and others if only the descent was a bit longer and harder, Scarponi was still able to regain something like 50 seconds on him, because that was what he was losing at some point and he was able to catch Hesjedal's group before the end ot the descent.

By the way, if we are talking about descents, I honestly believe 84 DO for Nibali is an exaggeration. He is one of the best descenders in the peleton, but he is not a god of the descent. I remember Marek Rutkiewicz dropping him once on a descent during the Tour de Pologne. For sure it was not an important race for Nibali and I can believe he was not going full gas in order to avoid a potential crash, but that's still making the point. Nibali is overpowered in DO. Has any other rider in the DB any skill other than fighting set on 84 or 85? I believe not. 82 DO for Nibali would be more realistic IMO and enough to do a justice for his good downhill skills. I don't think he is 5 points better than Samuel Sanchez.
Edited by Anderis on 23-05-2014 17:42

valverde321
Bak, Pozzovivo, Sanchez, LLS, Plaza, Vermote, Coppel.

Also beaten Kessiakoff, Chavanel, Cancellara, Sagan, Phinney, Van Garderen etc on a few occasions as well. Several of those were at last years Tour when he had broken ribs as well Wink

Also, Hesjedal attacked about 3km from the summit. The gap started going down before he went over the summit Wink In 2010, He attacked from a group about 45 seconds down in the AToC and he bridged that gap on the descent and beat the group he'd just caught up to in a sprint.

Downhill is hard to judge because riders dont usually attack on descents, but Hesjedal is definitely one of the best. I actually think EBH at 76 seems low, as I've always thought he's one of the best too.

Jesleyh
Nibali attacks on descents Wink

Also, @Sami Sanchez DH: Didn't he say that he takes less risks now he's older somewhere. I can't find the interview back though, but I'm certainly not imaging it Pfft

valverde321
Jesleyh wrote:

Also, @Sami Sanchez DH: Didn't he say that he takes less risks now he's older somewhere. I can't find the interview back though, but I'm certainly not imaging it Pfft

Was talking about TT's for the first part of the post. Smile Im not sure he's said it, but I haven't seen a great descent from him since 2011 I think.
Edited by valverde321 on 23-05-2014 18:14

Anderis
valverde321 wrote:

Also beaten Kessiakoff, Chavanel, Cancellara, Sagan, Phinney, Van Garderen etc on a few occasions as well. Several of those were at last years Tour when he had broken ribs as well Wink

"Few occasions" is the key. Pure TT skill is not the only thing contributing to the final ITT result.

On last year's Tour in first ITT he was 136th so that's hardly anything to win you a decent ITT stat in DB. In 2nd ITT he was 28th, but it was a very hilly TT so that was much thanks to his climbing and descending ability. He was still beaten by Jeanesson, Navarro, De Marchi and Andy Schleck, all with VASTLY inferior ITT skill in the PCMdaily DB (68 or below), so bringing 2013 Tour doesn't do Hesjedal any favour.

For me it seems Hesjedal no longer appears to be as good time-trialist as he was few years ago. Though I won't be disappointed if he is left on 73 TT, Garmin is my favourite team so I won't complain to have better riders there in the game, I'm only trying to help. Wink
Edited by Anderis on 23-05-2014 18:24

Jesleyh
valverde321 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

Was talking about TT's for the first part of the post. Smile Im not sure he's said it, but I haven't seen a great descent from him since 2011 I think.

I know, I was referring to Anderis' earlier mention of Sanchez Wink

valverde321
Anderis wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

"Few occasions" is the key. Pure TT skill is not the only thing contributing to the final ITT result.

On last year's Tour in first ITT he was 136th so that's hardly anything to win you a decent ITT stat in DB. In 2nd ITT he was 28th, but it was a very hilly TT so that was much thanks to his climbing and descending ability. He was still beaten by Jeanesson, Navarro, De Marchi and Andy Schleck, all with VASTLY inferior ITT skill in the PCMdaily DB (68 or below), so bringing 2013 Tour doesn't do Hesjedal any favour.

For me it seems Hesjedal no longer appears to be as good time-trialist as he was few years ago. Though I won't be disappointed if he is left on 73 TT, Garmin is my favourite team so I won't complain to have better riders there in the game, I'm only trying to help. Wink

If you are a fan of Garmin you would know almost his entire season last year was ruined by sickness and injuries. Even still he put in some good performances and the year before that his performances would merit atleast a 73 in TT, as well as his results in years before that.

He got 20th yesterday as well. He's never been exceptional, but he's been strong enough when he needs to be. There is a bit of a drop off after 73 in the Daily DB so for him to be lower than that, just wouldn't be accurate at all.

Riis123
I dont play PCM, but wanted to share my rating of Urán:

79 mo
79 tt
77 hil
78-79 rec
77 sta
78 res

I dno what the stats look like in the newest DB's, so kinda hard for me, but that would be my stats Pfft
Edited by Riis123 on 23-05-2014 18:52

Jesleyh
Well.
79TT would put him with Froome and Phinney.
78 RES would put him on the best RES of the game Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
broken road
broken road