Tamijo
The modern choice:

Poll:

1/ Lucifer

2/ Satan

3/ Other (sorry this is too late)

Sad

ringo182
So what are the odds on Trump being assassinated during his term now?
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016

Paul23

It's because of people like her, that I hate this BLM movement. BLM is starting to become racism, just from the other direction. I think that no-one should be favorised because of your "race", skin color or something else. This video looks almost like a parody to me. I mean, that escalated quickly. That really got outta hand fast.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

jseadog1
Does anybody happen to be following the Trump FBI investigation that got underway? His tweets are hilarious. Anyone have any opinion on the Jeff Sessions case also?

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/userproject.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/fantasy.png

PCM.Daily Survivor Season 2 Fan Favorite Winner

PCM.Daily NFL Fantasy Football Champion: 2012
PCM.Daily NHL Prediction Game Champion: 2013
PCM.Daily NFL Prediction Game Champion: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2021

Paul23
jseadog1 wrote:
Does anybody happen to be following the Trump FBI investigation that got underway? His tweets are hilarious. Anyone have any opinion on the Jeff Sessions case also?

I think it only happens because of the press covfefe.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 00:36
Bot Agent

IP: None  
jseadog1
Paul23 wrote:
jseadog1 wrote:

I think it only happens because of the press covfefe.

While that was definitely funny I highly doubt that is the main reason :lol:

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/userproject.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/fantasy.png

PCM.Daily Survivor Season 2 Fan Favorite Winner

PCM.Daily NFL Fantasy Football Champion: 2012
PCM.Daily NHL Prediction Game Champion: 2013
PCM.Daily NFL Prediction Game Champion: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2021

ringo182
Looks like it's all kicking off in Spain. Can't say I'm really that clued up on the issue, although I assume it's fairly similar to the recent Scottish referendum, just with a few more old ladies getting battened. Feel free to enlighten me Smile

Aquarius97
ringo182 wrote:
Looks like it's all kicking off in Spain. Can't say I'm really that clued up on the issue, although I assume it's fairly similar to the recent Scottish referendum, just with a few more old ladies getting battened. Feel free to enlighten me Smile

Scottish referendum = legal
Catalan referendum = ilegal

Apart from that, we have an idiot as president, so instead of just ignoring the result of the referendum, they decided to avoid it at all costs
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png

Ollfardh
The main difference is that the Scots have been given basic rights by the UK governement, while the Catalans, even after Franco, did not get what they wanted from from Madrid.

Horrible scenes yesterday, you'd expect them from some south american dictatorship in the '80s, not a EU country anno 2017.

I'm mostly annoyed by the lack of EU reaction, they don't have to take a stance about the independence just to say that the police violence yesterday was very, very wrong.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Paul23
That "referendum" is stupid anyways.

Should Catalonia really leave Spain, they ruin themselves and Spain with that decision. They won't be let into the EU and Spain will lose their strongest part of the country.

Also it's a totally different thing to the scotish referendum since the scotish one is basically offical, whilst the spanish one is not really, since the government needs to allow it, to make it an official thing. Both sides act stupid.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

TheManxMissile
Paul23 wrote:
Also it's a totally different thing to the scotish referendum since the scotish one is basically offical, whilst the spanish one is not really, since the government needs to allow it, to make it an official thing. Both sides act stupid.

This is the problem. The Catalans havn't been allowed to have an official vote. Why not? Because the Spanish government is afraid they will back independence, which will have a negative impact on the rest of Spain. So they deny their citizens a right to vote.
We've not seen such a denial in a 'western' nation in a very long time, and it's worrying.

You've got to at least give your citizens a right to vote. Like in the UK where the government allowed Scotland to hold a referendum, despite their wish to remain united.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

hillis91
That is crazy! I did not know they could not vote. How has that been going under the radar for so long? A major financial crisis and the world quickly forget..
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

Paul23
TheManxMissile wrote:
Paul23 wrote:

This is the problem. The Catalans havn't been allowed to have an official vote. Why not? Because the Spanish government is afraid they will back independence, which will have a negative impact on the rest of Spain. So they deny their citizens a right to vote.
We've not seen such a denial in a 'western' nation in a very long time, and it's worrying.

You've got to at least give your citizens a right to vote. Like in the UK where the government allowed Scotland to hold a referendum, despite their wish to remain united.

Well, like I said. Voting for independence would be negative for spain and catalonia. Also they probably wouldn't get independence, since at those "inofficial votes", mostly only the people who want to be independent, vote, since it doesn't really matter. I think it would end up 40/60 for staying in spain.

I mean, sure they could be allowed a vote, but what happens, if they should get independence?
Catalonia won't be allowed in the EU, hence loads of companies would go away from there, FC Barcelona f.e. would instantly die, and with that a big amount of money would leave catalonia. Basically they would just ruin themselves and drag spain into that as well.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Ollfardh
Well 2016 had at least two votes that were a lot worse for the world, so let's just give them what they want, even if we think it might go wrong. If they want to pay a price for indepence, let them.

MacC
Paul23 wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:
Paul23 wrote:

Well, like I said. Voting for independence would be negative for spain and catalonia. Also they probably wouldn't get independence, since at those "inofficial votes", mostly only the people who want to be independent, vote, since it doesn't really matter. I think it would end up 40/60 for staying in spain.

I mean, sure they could be allowed a vote, but what happens, if they should get independence?
Catalonia won't be allowed in the EU, hence loads of companies would go away from there, FC Barcelona f.e. would instantly die, and with that a big amount of money would leave catalonia. Basically they would just ruin themselves and drag spain into that as well.

That's up to them to decide..

remarkable how no country has ever decided to throw away its independence

Paul23
Ollfardh wrote:
Well 2016 had at least two votes that were a lot worse for the world, so let's just give them what they want, even if we think it might go wrong. If they want to pay a price for indepence, let them.

Well, which votes are you talking about? I actually can't remember anything more stupid.

The problem is that spain will pay the price as well, so why not let the full country vote?
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

ringo182
Paul23 wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

Well, which votes are you talking about? I actually can't remember anything more stupid.

The problem is that spain will pay the price as well, so why not let the full country vote?

I assume he means Trump and Brexit.

Ollfardh
Paul23 wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

That's like saying all of the EU should have voted on the Brexit..

Paul23
Ollfardh wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

That's like saying all of the EU should have voted on the Brexit..

As if that really affects us, what the UK does. Nowhere near as how catalonia affects spain.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Paul23
ringo182 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

I assume he means Trump and Brexit.

Ah well, I can understand that. I prefered Trump over Clinton and I think that Brexit is a good long term thing. I would like to have Germany out of the Euro at least, but that will never happen.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Frederik among stranger