The Politics Thread
Avin Wargunnson
i.imgur.com/2krOH3n.gif

I'll be back

Paul23
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Stories.

Feels awful to agree with you but this is what I'm talking about Pfft. In most advanced Western nations there's a lot of bureaucracy, kinda goes with the territory, Britain's is in my experience not that tricky. Took me over three months just to get a national insurance number here and I'm still waiting on a decision on housing benefit.

You don't need to feel awful to agree with me. Why should you? I'm probably not as progressive, I like it more conservative, but I don't think I'm a bad person.

I mean, I wanted to go to the army, but I wasn't allowed, because I was "too far left-wing". They thought that I was a radical left-winger. And here, I get told, that I'm a radical right-winger...can't you decide? It's getting pretty weird Pfft
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

wackojackohighcliffe
Paul23 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Stories.

Feels awful to agree with you but this is what I'm talking about Pfft. In most advanced Western nations there's a lot of bureaucracy, kinda goes with the territory, Britain's is in my experience not that tricky. Took me over three months just to get a national insurance number here and I'm still waiting on a decision on housing benefit.

You don't need to feel awful to agree with me.

I don't need to, it's an active choice.

Paul23
ringo182 wrote:
Bureaucracy is another way of saying organised. Yes, countries like Britain, Germany and France are quite bureaucratic. But they also have functioning economies and lower corruption rates in government.
I'm happy to live with a little bureaucracy and have a job than live somewhere like Greece or Italy or Spain or Eastern Europe with less bureaucracy but no economy, no job and higher government corruption rates.

I'm never sure about corruption. I mean, we get told some numbers on that and the only choice we have is to believe them. But maybe there are more corrupt people in the government...

For example the CSU in germany too 350k€ from the bavarian metal and electonicindustry.
The CDU and SPD get frequent payments from the Daimler AG, from Evonik, Allianz and the VCI(the Chemical Industry Council)

None of these get obviously counted as corruption, which is fine, because there's no proof, that they recieved that money in exchange for something else. But I think that you all agree, that there is the possibillity of corruption.

The AfD and Die Linke(The Left) mostly get small amounts of money from the people. The AfD got around 2 Million, from 33.120 people. On average, that's around 60 bucks/person.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Paul23
Paul23 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Stories.

Why do you feel that way then? Pfft
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

matt17br
I'm happy to live with a little bureaucracy and have a job than live somewhere like Greece or Italy or Spain or Eastern Europe with less bureaucracy but no economy, no job and higher government corruption rates.

I mean, I know that you can't have a good idea of political situations in every country in Europe, but Italy having less bureaucracy than most of Europe is straight up bullshit Pfft

Bureaucracy is only good until it just starts to slow down any attempt at doing something meaningful because of laws overlapping other laws and practices, and that's exactly what happens here. Corruption does not depend solely on bureaucracy if at all, so I really don't see all the direct proportionality you see in it.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 00:08
Bot Agent

IP: None  
wackojackohighcliffe
Paul23 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
Stories.

Why do you feel that way then? Pfft

I'm just full of elitist hate that needs an outlet.

ringo182
matt17br wrote:

I mean, I know that you can't have a good idea of political situations in every country in Europe, but Italy having less bureaucracy than most of Europe is straight up bullshit Pfft

Bureaucracy is only good until it just starts to slow down any attempt at doing something meaningful because of laws overlapping other laws and practices, and that's exactly what happens here. Corruption does not depend solely on bureaucracy if at all, so I really don't see all the direct proportionality you see in it.

I was just generalising that on average more bureaucracy = more organisation = less corruption.

Africa and Asia has no/very little bureaucracy because their governments are generally not well organised and suffer from lots of corruption.
Countries in, particularly, Northern Europe and the West tend to be more bureaucratic and well organised. As a result they tend to have less corruption. It's not a perfect equation but generally works.

Obviously you know more about Italy than me.
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016

ringo182
Trump has lost his appeal to reinstate the travel ban. I somehow don't think this will be the last we hear on this matter.
"Ringo is exactly right", Shonak - 8 September 2016

Paul23
I think, this video concluded the protests pretty well.

i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

TheManxMissile
Totally unbiased soure you got there. Not at all a conservative propoganda channel populated with controversial personalities with a history in right-wing media.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Ollfardh
Turned it off because she's living up to her haircolour. Not one message? That's maybe because there are dozens of reason to protest against Trump's policies?
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Paul23
TheManxMissile wrote:
Totally unbiased soure you got there. Not at all a conservative propoganda channel populated with controversial personalities with a history in right-wing media.

Well, it even states, that it's a conservative media. And? You're probably only watching unbiased, neutral media, right? It's just an opinion video anyway, so you're obviously allowed to disagree. I mean, people here agreed on some reasons, which are stated in the video. And they at least deliver videos as proof for most of their statements. For example, when their reporters get attacked.

"propaganda channel"
Well, who decides, what propaganda is and what not?

"controversial personalities"
Do you have anything against Lauren Southern? She was a man, so she's part of the LGBTQHDKSAHGEIWAHSDFN people, and making jokes about them is racist. They even have a black reporter, which gets yelled at with "white supremacist", a jew and who gets yelled at as "Nazi".

"with a history in right-wing media"

What's so wrong with this?

image.prntscr.com/image/d3bbda2d82784531a93bf6eb38e3b9b6.png

Why is everything bad, when it's not within the green square?
Everything right from the middle, gets treated as fascists...
If you don't believe me, take me as an example. I'm right-wing, I agree, but I'm "only" a conservative, not a libertarian or a fascist. I'm not even a nationalist.
I'm not even fully conservative, hence some people *cough* Ollfardh *cough* think that I'm a neo-Nazi or such.

That all started when a certain someone on skype started binding me to pegida. When I asked him for evidence to that claim, he only said, that everyone knows it.
Since then, I got binded to pegida or neo-nazis, which is simply incorrect.

Also Ollfardh, it's funny, that of all people, you are calling me Nazi, because of the "duck test".
Mr. "I have a belgian avatar, and in my signature I only honor belgians who died", one of which is a belgian cyclist, who accidently killed someone and couldn't live with that, so he shot himself, which is tragic, but you didn't put the guy, he killed in your list. Isn't that pretty nationalistic yourself?

Meanwhile Paul the Nazi is fan of british cars, belgian teams and benelux riders. Oh shit, his favourite country is even Switzerland. Damn, he's quite a nazi.

Honestly, this shit has to stop. Same with ringo. You guys call him nationalistic? He's probably patriotic, but I don't see that being a problem. He likes his country, his culture and his people. Same goes for me actually.

And you're discrediting a women because of her haircolor...isn't....isn't that SEXIST?

Also, you're fine with antifa punching nazis. Not sure, how it is in belgium, but the Neo-nazis here are not really dangerous. They do most of their stuff legally, they register their marches and other stuff. Meanwhile the left-extremists of the black block and the antifa are just going out, seeking carnage, destroying property, calling for murder against cops and all that, whilst acting against the protest-laws we have, because they're all hooded, which is not allowed. Antifa was never up for peaceful protests and they only call their opponents nazis, because they need the moral highground to justify their acts of violence.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Paul23
Ollfardh wrote:
Turned it off because she's living up to her haircolour. Not one message? That's maybe because there are dozens of reason to protest against Trump's policies?

Where was the outrage, when Obama banned iraqians for 6 months(double the time, Trump wanted to do) in 2011?
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Ollfardh
Paul, I give up. No matter what I say, you always miss the point, deliberate or otherwise. Either you're a really good troll or you're just some kid with anger issues. I don't care which it is anymore, I just hope I'll never see your picture in the newspaper, because it probably means some innocent people have died.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

TheManxMissile
Paul23 wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

Where was the outrage, when Obama banned iraqians for 6 months(double the time, Trump wanted to do) in 2011?

Covered this before.

Obama's ban was only on a certain Visa in direct relation to an arrest of two Iraqi's that were plotting potential attacks. The "ban" wasn't a ban, was a major tightening up of checks and slowing of the process on those visas.

Compated to Trumps blanket ban on various nations and all visas and refugees without cause.

Very very different things. One was a reaction to a specific event and was inside international law and the constituation. One had on reason and was illegal.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Paul23
Ollfardh wrote:
Paul, I give up. No matter what I say, you always miss the point, deliberate or otherwise. Either you're a really good troll or you're just some kid with anger issues. I don't care which it is anymore, I just hope I'll never see your picture in the newspaper, because it probably means some innocent people have died.

Weren't you the one, who advocated for punching people, because of their opinion?
If you really think, that I would go on a killing spree [insert bathurst meme here] then you're a really weird person.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

TheManxMissile
I fucking hate politics #GE17

Alakagom
All you're arguing while I'm fapping to Laura

Much better life choices than any of you fucks
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Strydz
Alakagom wrote:
All you're arguing while I'm fapping to Laura

Much better life choices than any of you fucks

What is it with your obsession with masturbation?

Wink
Hells 500 Crew and 6 x Everester
Don Rd Launching Place
Melbourne Hill Rd Warrandyte
Colby Drive Belgrave South
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald
https://www.everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username