jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of America - Discussion
Ulrich Ulriksen
Well damn. What a way to get the first TOA victory. Very satisfying. Thanks for the congrats

To be honest half way through the report I was cursing the team for doing all that work and killing our position in the team competition. But Brandon was feeling good and the boys made sure it could count. Hopefully we can gain some ground back in teams in the remaining stages but I will live with the trade regardless.

Not surprised we got a small edge on Eastman in one stage but pretty surprised by the losses for Ranaweera and Reis. Powless riding really well.

It keeps the GC interesting and I think we can avoid too big a loss to Glanbia in the TTT given McCormick has more stage racers and should have a recovery edge. But I think Eastman puts the race to bed in the MTT. Given McNulty went deep today, glad it is a few days until that stage.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

KaiserAdler
For sale; underperforming PCT team
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mgnmoty-adler.png

KaiserAdler
In all seriousness I gambled and lost here. I had hoped the small bumps wouldve favored us more. But especially didn’t expect the team to fall apart the way they did. Chances are our shot at GC is well and truly gone if it already wasn’t after yesterday. But there’s an upside to everything. Reis should have been faster but was held back by the lack of ability teamwise, which probably meant he didn’t spend as much energy and will have recovered somewhat after suffering on the climb yesterday. PCM luck will be hard to come by, but maybe with some miracle Reis can attack and be left somewhat alone because of the time difference. Just like Gall was able to move up in GC Reis could too. Time difference is probably too small but you never know with this game. If it doesn’t, Reis’ energy stats should help him. There are still some stages to make a move and all we need is one shot. Podium should be in reach, and anything more is a welcome surprise. We have a great climbing team here and we should put the hammer down for Reis on the hard climbs. Even if we don’t make up time we need to make them suffer. Marginal gains! I knew from the start chances were slim with Eastman being here. And even McNulty scared me shitless. I wish them both the best of luck, but not too much Pfft
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

kandesbunzler26
Congrats to MacC for another stage win - and commiserations to those whose riders haven't understood the TTT rules yet. It's surely a harsh way for Reis to lose time. Our own TTT went rather well, 9th equals our best TTT result ever. We surely profit by having just 8 equally worse TT riders so they at least stay together which seems crucial in this version.

Tomorrow is the next (and probably second to last) chance for us to get something from the break, so thrilled to get the stage rolling.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

MacC
More relieved than anything to eke out a few more seconds on McNulty . Tomorrow looks like the most dangerous stage in some ways although I do fear Eastman will struggle to go the whole distance as the team around him is limited.

Hard luck to those who lost big today.

Ulrich Ulriksen
I think 22 seconds was reasonable ground to concede. Much closer to having a shot at the GC than I expected to have at this point, so maybe all of Eastman's time on his own will catch up on him.

Did not realize how shallow Colombini was in the TTT. As other have noted PCM22 really punishes unbalanced teams. More surprised Spark suffered so much as they have 6 solid riders.

Congrats to Glanbia on the TTT win, that shelf in the trophy case must be pretty full.

Thanks to Imladrik for all the great reports.

TheManxMissile
I can't fault the teams efforts, and a stage podium arguably exceedes my pre-race expectations. It's gonna suck having so many breakaway km's, in successfuly moves, and not sneak a stage win.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
KaiserAdler
Crazy how all these staged go to the breakaway. Not much we couldve done here without needlessly exhausting ourselves here. Atleast we gained some time on McNulty. The team cooperated great here and its giving me good vibes for the queen stage later on. Lets hope Reis can give it hell on the MTT and win that big mountain stage.

Congrats to the winner and thanks for the report!
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

MacC
A cheap few seconds over McNulty there, a pity honestly for him.

Well done baby metal!

Fabianski
Two great stages for Eastman, no doubt. Winning the TTT could be expected, but a 22" gap to McCormick is a very solid margin. And at the same time, Reis dropped out of contention for the GC win - not fully unexpected, as previous TTTs have shown that PCM'22 really, really dislikes unbalanced lineups.
But gaining even more time on McNulty in a random hilly stage (not even for the first time!) is surprising and another step in the right direction (for Eastman, obviously). With only one MTF and the MTT left as clear GC stages (apart from the ITT, where Eastman and McNulty should be pretty much on par), it's really looking good - but it's far from over.

And it's even looking pretty good for an all-USA podium, if Powless can limit the damage in stages 17+18. Expecting some fireworks from Reis, though!

As mentioned by UU, pretty surprised to see Spark lose lots of time in the TTT, having 5 riders with decent Mo and TT. Looks like just the fact of having even one (or two) sub-60 TTer on board potentially puts a team at risk of shitting the bed. Really not the best TTT engine in this version - although I personally do like the fact that well-balanced TTT lineups generally do better.

Thanks for the reports, and congrats to Glanbia and Babymetal on their stage wins!

Ulrich Ulriksen
Well that is a silly and annoying time loss, particularly since the finish of a stage like that is the one time McNulty ought to be strongest (was vaguely hoping to gain time). Bad positioning and then couldn't quite recover it in time. But I did fear some rebound from the big effort two days ago and across the last three stages I can't complain. Challenging for the win will require Eastman to collapse but we have a nice cushion on Powless and Reis, probably enough to survive one bad day but not two.

Agree with Fab I think requiring a balanced TT is a good thing and once folks understand the engine they can adapt to that.

Jakstar22
Madrazo is doing well but I feel he can be higher. Hopefully the last few mountain stages and ITT can be decisive and Madrazo can improve on his GC position.

It has been a decent race for us so far and hopefully we can finish well.

cunego59
Congrats D2B on the stage win record! It really feels right that it belongs to Kraftwerk Smile

KaiserAdler
Sabbahi isn't ready for a stage win apparently. Congrats to Kraftwerk on getting the record! Well deserved. Now onto the hard part, eating at this time gap!
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

Nemolito
Haller! Congratulations D2B!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

kandesbunzler26
Congrats D2B to the record (and of course the stage win that brought it), it took some time but finally it's done! Also congrats to Ulamog for his second stage win and keeping up the great streak of CT teams here!

With the remaining stages designated mostly for the sprinters or the GC captains there's not much chances left for us for stage results, but staying in the polka dots should be the main goal now, a minor GC result for Gall is also still realistic though it doesn't matter much if he finishes 14th or 18th.

Good luck to all for the remaining stages and of course thanks to Imladrik for the great reports, they were a pleasure to read (not just for the obvious reasons) and to post!
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
Great for Haller and a real shot at the points as well. Congrats to D2B. It seems like the better sprinters come to the forefront as the grand tours progress.

Former McCormick man Tivani having a great tour for the Turtles as well.

DaveTwoBob
Marvellous Marco Haller gives the Kraftwerk camp something to smile about after a pretty disappointing ToA so far. He also gets to wear the green jersey which is sweet.

I was kicking myself for leaving his leadout behind but he managed to follow the right wheel this time.

The stage win record for the ToA is a great achievement for Haller and the team.

Maybe Ranweera can learn a lesson and pay better attention? Amazed Ludvigsson is still in the top 10, would be great if he can hang on in the mountains.

Sorry for my lack of comments, my wife has been in hospital with breathing trouble, she is back home and on the mend.

Thanks for the thanks and congrats to all the winners.

Thanks for the great reports Imladrik and to kandesbunzler26 for the posts.
Manager of Renault Classic [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

Jakstar22
I would love a sprint win. Perera has been fairly consistent but I don’t know if we can compete with the top few sprinters.

Congrats to Haller for getting win number 2

Imladrik
I'm back! Indeed, great to see Haller get this win, and fellow CT teams doing well, even though Ekoi and the Turtles successes aren't good news for my team.
Thanks to KB for the posts!

And here comes your weekly report!

StageStage winnerGCPointsMountainsYoungTeams
1pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/anz.png Air New Zealand – Alfa Romeo
2pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Burkepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Burkepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mcy.png Manada Coyotte
3pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sct.png Wippertpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sct.png Simba Cement – Tanga Fresh
4pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Powlesspcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Powlesspcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ade.png Reinhardtpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
5pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/see.png Tivanipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Powlesspcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/see.png Tivanipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/t3a.png Martepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
6pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/see.png Tivanipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/kmm.png Kraftwerk Man Machine
7pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/kmm.png Kraftwerk Man Machine
8pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sct.png Fellinepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/kmm.png Kraftwerk Man Machine
9pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Chevrierpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sct.png Hermanspcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
10pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mcy.png Gasparpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
11pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sva.png Sanikwathipcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/sct.png Hermanspcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
12pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McCormick Pro Cycling
13pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNulty pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Zwift Pro Cycling
14pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/gla.png Eastmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/eko.png Gallpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/mck.png McNultypcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/zpc.png Zwift Pro Cycling

“...the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably."
A. Roy

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Freire wins Milano-San Remo