schumix35

· Total Members: 161,117
· Newest Member: MiguelCef
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
More realistic names PCM11
MrDemus
For PCM10 I updated the database, so that newly scouted riders had more realistic names. PCM11 has changed the format for these names, but I have now started converting the data from PCM10 to PCM11.

I have no idea when I am done, but I will keep you updated Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.0 Released.

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFE4F5S1

Note: This version only contains the original nations, as there are some problems with the nations. They will however be activated in a later version.

Place the file in your PCM11 main folder\gameplay\youngridercarac and replace the regen file. Note: Backup your old regen file, just in case

Redone names for almost every country in the game. If a list of popular names was available, they have been used as background for adding a name.

If you find any errors (spelling or whatever) please post a comment in this thread.

Enjoy Smile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 Released!
https://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLBIIBDG

Changes:
-Corrected errors as per feedback (appreciated guys)
-Added more Latvian first names
-Redone Russian first names
-Redone Chinese first- and surnames (now follows chinese naming tradition, with family name first)
-Redone Estonian first names
-Redone Danish first names
-Redone Basque first names
-Changed Canadian names from english to french to resemble reality better (100 most common first- and surnames in Quebec is used)

Enjoy. And as always feedback/suggestions are welcome
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.2
-Corrected stupid error by me
https://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJM1C0A2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.3
-Redone German first names
-Added ca. 300 US surnames
-Added 400+ German surnames
-Added ca. 300 Italian surnames
-Added 350+ French surnames
-Added ca. 50 Australian surnames
-Added ca. 900 Spanish surnames

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=1NQUYY29

Enjoy. And as always feedback is welcome
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.4
https://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5NDGP9L
-Redone Colombian names (First and last)
-Redone Venezuelan names (First and last)
-Redone Finnish names (First and last)

As always: Comments and feedback is welcome Grin
Edited by MrDemus on 22-07-2011 13:58

MrDemus
Small update: I have found a really easy way to copy the data, so it shouldn't take long.

In v. 1.0 there will be no regional differences in names (except basque country), as I haven't figured it out yet. It will however be in a later version. It will have only the default scouting zones which Cya put in, as I can't get new zones to work. I hope to find out how to do it, so I can add eg. Finland and Uzbekistan

MrDemus
I am now done with last names. Doing first names later today/tomorrow. Expected release: Tomorrow evening

MacC
Excellent, in gameplay the basques are the only very important nationality that needs to be included

MrDemus
MacC wrote:
Excellent, in gameplay the basques are the only very important nationality that needs to be included

Agreed. But I hope to add Flanders/Wallonie, German/Italian Switzerland for instance at some point

MrDemus
Release is postponed due to Cyanide releasing latest patch. The new patch adds a lot of new scouting zones, so I will have to collect data for them as well

MrDemus
I am still in the progress of finding names from the small nations. But it is quite difficult to get any good data on the likes of Kyrgyzstan Pfft

MrDemus
Small update: Still to go are all given names. Surnames to do: Cuba, Andorra, Tunisia, San Marino, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Zimbabwe and Kenya

MrDemus
Although nobody seems to give a crap Pfft here's another small update.

I expect a release of v. 1.0 tonight/tomorrow morning

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 12:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Crommy
MrDemus wrote:
Although nobody seems to give a crap Pfft here's another small update.

I expect a release of v. 1.0 tonight/tomorrow morning

People do (including me). It's great work, keep it going Wink
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

MrDemus
Hah, great thanks. It was just the 900+ views/1 comment (besides my own) that threw me off Pfft

jt1109
Yeah people do care i can't wait for this hate playing the game when you get past 5 seasons and there english riders with names i've never heard ofWink

KUTGW can't wait for the release

MrDemus
Thanks for the feedback guys Grin I hope I won't let you down

CrueTrue
We read the positive comments about the development and are looking forward to your great work Wink

http://www.pcmdaily.com
MrDemus
Well...now I seem like an attention whore...better than a regular whore I guess

Alakagom
No you aren't. I would be demotiavted if nobody would comment for example on my story after some updates. Everybody needs motivation and the comments give that.

Great work on the last work and good luck with this one as well Smile

MrDemus
Forgot the irony smiley...I often forget how bad irony and such works in writing. Basically I am doing this for myself, but I want as many people as possible to benefit from it

MrDemus
Release id delayed.

I have encountered some problems with this. New nations won't show up, and Kazakhstan apparently produces more than 50 riders pr. year

MrDemus
V. 1 released. Info in top post

MrDemus
So, has anyone encountered anything? It would puzzle me if I hadn't made one single typo Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Individual Training Menu
Individual Training Menu