lanesil, roturn

· Total Members: 161,283
· Newest Member: lanesil
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT] Carlsberg - Danske Bank
Nemolito
Aranburu training is nice, but there's definitely some big competition in PT, so I hope he can still prove himself this season as well. Lund Andresen to you is great and he should be more than a worthy replacement for Kragh Andersen. And just when I thought you wouldn't go for the Curacao rider that Ezeefreak found after some intensive research, you did, so that's also great to see from an RP perspective Smile

In general of course you depend on Per as well again, but if he does similar to last season it should be nice obviously. Carthy very likely also a bigger scorer than Quintana.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
Really wanted to put in another bid on Lund Andresen, as 170k for an 80 max sprinter sounds like a great deal, but I ran out of time. So congrats on pulling that one off.

Team is really nicely balanced, feels like you have some upside potential to offset if Per has some downside versus last year. I like the contrarian move away from TTs while everyone has being moving towards them.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Ad Bot
Posted on 16-10-2024 15:15
Bot Agent

IP: None  
baseballlover312
AbhishekLFC wrote:

Have always loved Per ever since his days on loan with us. He had a great season last time, and no reason why he can't again. Decent firepower on the mountains and sprints. Will be interesting to see how an improved Aranburu will do on the hills.

Very possible Per won't repeat despite Wisniowski declining, given his remarkable consistency last year and the fact that Pedersen is bound to bounce back. But hopefully he can at least get close, especially with a bit better support. He has a chance to win every time out. It's just a matter of form I think.

Laurens147 wrote:

Think you've got definitely an upgrade with Carthy over Quintana. I hope Aranburu can step up with that hills training. Although I don't know how the game will handle this rather low stamina. The same can be said about Walls with his recovery.

All in all I don't think you should be in any relegation danger with guys like Per, AKA, Carthy and Galta bringing in the points.

Good luck!

I hope Carthy will be an upgrade over Quintana for sure. Quintana was a disappointment all year, and even then had wasted race days. The Carthy/Galta combo won't spare any race days, but hopefully Carthy will also not randomly lose huge chunks of time like Quintana, and can withstand the elements.

It's a good point about Walls' recovery. Not something I've had to pay too much attention to in the past, but PT sprinters have a lot of GT racing to do. I purposefully got him because he's a good but sub-top sprinter, as I like that niche in current PCM. So hopefully even if he trails off a little at the end of GT's, he's still valuable. And the salary should drop in the coming years.

Nemolito wrote:

Aranburu training is nice, but there's definitely some big competition in PT, so I hope he can still prove himself this season as well. Lund Andresen to you is great and he should be more than a worthy replacement for Kragh Andersen. And just when I thought you wouldn't go for the Curacao rider that Ezeefreak found after some intensive research, you did, so that's also great to see from an RP perspective Smile

In general of course you depend on Per as well again, but if he does similar to last season it should be nice obviously. Carthy very likely also a bigger scorer than Quintana.

Don't expect Aranburu to become a world beater, but he was pretty decent last year when positioned well. It's just that the game forgot about him a lot with so may other puncheurs ahead in the stat pecking order. So hoping the training is as much about just getting him on the game's radar for positioning as actual strength.

Very glad I was able to sign Arenas! Always hoped to, just had to settle the Andresen stuff and know where my cap/budget was before pulling the trigger. Definitely a stag I see myself resigning next season. Glad to get him too and continue to have every contracted Curacao rider, since my Danish representation has been lacking a bit.

Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:

Really wanted to put in another bid on Lund Andresen, as 170k for an 80 max sprinter sounds like a great deal, but I ran out of time. So congrats on pulling that one off.

Team is really nicely balanced, feels like you have some upside potential to offset if Per has some downside versus last year. I like the contrarian move away from TTs while everyone has being moving towards them.

Once the Blume Levy bidding got crazy and I reassessed priorities, Lund Andresen was basically a must sign we would empty pockets for. Wanted an heir to AKA, and he was open for bidding. Though I'm definitely glad you gave up when you did, since otherwise we couldn't have afforded to 1>3 him this season.

Think the TT bubble just got too out of control for my liking, bound to burst soon imo. Trading Belevics last year already sank my TTT squad, and I ended up avoiding a lot of TT races in PTHC choices. That made the decision to sell Kamna easier, and ultimately it seemed more effective to invest elsewhere. It will cost us in a few moments throughout the year for sure, but I do think we're more optimized for our schedule this year than last, which should matter more.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

DarkWolf
I guess Quintana disappointed one more season, one more team. But you definitely upgraded the position. Good luck in the new season!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/newmember21.png

baseballlover312
DarkWolf wrote:

I guess Quintana disappointed one more season, one more team. But you definitely upgraded the position. Good luck in the new season!

He scored enough minor points throughout the year to not be completely useless, but yeah. Missing big splits in GT's was not ideal for his total. Hopefully Carthy doesn't repeat that.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?